- 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' Is Cutting Multiplayer For A Better Campaign -

G10BURGERKING

I have no problem with developers adding multiplayer to games that were previously single player only when they genuinely feel they have built a fun and engaging experience, unfortunately that isn't always the case and it often just becomes an extra bullet point in order to sell the game when there is really no reason it should've been added in the first place. I have much respect for a developer that stands up to the recent trend of adding multiplayer just for the hell of it and says "my game can succeed on the story alone." 

Parker

I have no overall issue with developers including multiplayer in games.

Just as long as it has no trophies attached to it.

So then those who hate multiplayer then have a choice on whether they play it or not.

Adding multiplayer seems to either make or break a game these days.

I personally think that this was a great decision not to include multiplayer in this game.

Meh TR: DE had shit mp but and its not like the campaign will be any better. Look at Wolfenstein  TNO, they scrapped mp for a "better story" and it was nothing special.

IMO, call me a cynical prick, but the whole "they added multiplayer so it must've taken valuable time away from the single player development" thing is just a myth that people convinced themselves of because it "makes too much sense".

This is just PR to get those people smooching their feet and buying 5 copies of their game to "support good business practices"... when ultimately the single player will not change at all as a result of it, and they save money not having to outsource or develop/maintain the multiplayer portion of the game at all.  Brilliant if you ask me.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

I was going to post about this yesterday, but didn't because it was still only a rumor then, and also because I didn't want to deal with any "And why the fuck should we care now, the game doesn't come out til late in 2016" backlash. :T

I was nervous about going to post it but I guess it’s good to know early, right? Most of us know that some of the games that comes out in later and I’m sure a lot of people said urg, release it out now.