METAL GEAR ONLINE 3

I loved MGO2, It was my addiction hahaha. Survival was the biggest rush of emotions in my gaming experience. 

I heard TSNE is confirmed to return right? I just dont feel like it will be the same or anywhere close, I'm really apprehensive about it. Nonetheless I'll be playing it, and hopefully a lot of it.

The aiming is different this time around. Also, the item selection is with the directional pads now, not with the R2 and L2 buttons, making the box pop-in pop-out method of firefighting useless. It'll take some getting used to I'm sure, I just hope its even just 60% as good as MGO2 was. 

If luck may have it and MGO3 is a success for us MGO2 and prior gamers, we should make a clan out of forum members. Would be really fun!

Edited by onGear
  • Like 3

Can't wait to run around body-twisting with my M4 and calling everybody scrubs and to "git gud lik me n3". 1800 & ^ gee pee only please.

But seriously I need my fix. This relapse has gone long enough. I need to scan people and box ram them. I need to run around with my ghillie suit + Robbie the Rabbit hat and be a shotty nub again. B)

• Like 2

Hell yes. I've missed MGO 2 ever since it shut down. (you can go back on it now with a hacked PS3 but eh). I've also been able to partake in MGO 1 thanks to SaveMGO as well..

My fix is needed! :P There's people who never played MGO before who are willing to try it out but I bet it will be dumped by some people, especially the ones who think you can just rambo and get your win that way.. we had people like that on MGO 2. xD

I'm sooo glad we can name our characters still and the customization is still there. Only question is, will we have a reward shop? I'm thinking we may or those level up points will go to nothing.. unless we somehow have killstreaks this time around? o_0 Dropping ammo drops on people like you can in single player? Lool.

• Like 3

I only played pvp in Peace Walker and i liked it a lot. Never played pvp in MGS4 though but i'm not really sad that i missed it because i heard some nasty stories about all the hackers. I'm am planning on playing a lot of MGO3 so i hope there will be no hackers.

I've had my share of pvp when i was playing FOB's in MGS5 an it's been an absolute  blast.

Great to see others are looking forward to it as well! It will be interesting to see how the game will work out since it will be very different then MGO2. No box-poppin, the game probably wont be that headshot heavy and who knows if they are going to include vehicles. I hope rescue will be in because thats my favorite mode and I used to host it all the time!

If I see you guys on there, I'll make sure to tbag you. :P

Yea about the Rewards Shop, I wonder if they're going to make an MGO site and a CSP? Will we have survival/tourny to get points(I'm assuming it will be GMPs instead of RWDs)? I heard there will be automatching and I wonder if you get points for playing in those lobbies like in MGO2.

• Like 1

Great to see others are looking forward to it as well! It will be interesting to see how the game will work out since it will be very different then MGO2. No box-poppin, the game probably wont be that headshot heavy and who knows if they are going to include vehicles. I hope rescue will be in because thats my favorite mode and I used to host it all the time!

Oh man, RES in survival was the best. TSNE & RES were easily the difference makers for MGO.

How about those old 1v1 BB CAP rooms? Boy so much box popping!

"There will be two teams, Solid and Liquid, five maps with different times of day, skills and perks, not to mention the ability to be a male or female agent. Four game types include Base, Rescue Mission, Team Deathmatch, and Team Sneaking. There's even an Ascension mechanic that's similar to the Prestige one in Call of Duty. A buddy system links up two players and lets them use a teleport system to reach their friend."

http://news.softpedia.com/news/metal-gear-solid-v-gets-leaked-metal-gear-online-3-details-beta-mention-490978.shtml

Dont know if you all saw this, but looks promising..

Edited by onGear
  • Like 3

My buddy and I played the shit out of MGO2. I read that team sneaking is coming back which was my favorite mode. Well over 1,000 hours played, sneaking was also a great mode. Although I am fully expecting the servers not to work for about a week or two which is okay because i will be focused on the story mode anyway. 

Oh man, RES in survival was the best. TSNE & RES were easily the difference makers for MGO.

How about those old 1v1 BB CAP rooms? Boy so much box popping!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/metal-gear-solid-v-gets-leaked-metal-gear-online-3-details-beta-mention-490978.shtml

Dont know if you all saw this, but looks promising..

It does look promising! I think MGO2 only had 5 maps when it was first released. Only thing I'm not excited about is the CoD like prestige system.

We should make a MGO 3 thread when it goes live. Post our screenshots we take in the game and everything. :P

Betcha!

If I see you guys on there, I'll make sure to tbag you. :P

Yea about the Rewards Shop, I wonder if they're going to make an MGO site and a CSP? Will we have survival/tourny to get points(I'm assuming it will be GMPs instead of RWDs)? I heard there will be automatching and I wonder if you get points for playing in those lobbies like in MGO2.

No word about rewards yet... I hope the game doesnt use the same customisation and avatar system as MGSV because those are very limited same goes for the emblems. Otherwise we are going to have some very dull looking characters. Survival and text chat are kinda the essential things fans want so if Konami doesnt deliver I'll be dissappointed :(

wow, great to find more MGO2 lovers here, some of my old friends of MGO2 have been in contact lately just to play together again haha, gladly this time we won't have to use an annoying Konami account instead of the PSN account =P, I hope that this time Konami take things more seriously with cheaters, I left MGO2 when everyone was using that cheat of the deathloop and killed you multiple times just shooting at your dead body =/... And I loved CAP, RES and TSNE, real teamwork there...

See you in MGO3 guys!

P.D. PS3 users could play with PS4 users? Or there is separate servers like Destiny? =/

• Like 1

wow, great to find more MGO2 lovers here, some of my old friends of MGO2 have been in contact lately just to play together again haha, gladly this time we won't have to use an annoying Konami account instead of the PSN account =P, I hope that this time Konami take things more seriously with cheaters, I left MGO2 when everyone was using that cheat of the deathloop and killed you multiple times just shooting at your dead body =/... And I loved CAP, RES and TSNE, real teamwork there...

See you in MGO3 guys!

P.D. PS3 users could play with PS4 users? Or there is separate servers like Destiny? =/

PS3 and PS4 have different servers. The player limit per match will be higher on the PS4/XONE/PC versions.

Edited by LovesAnInjection

I never tried the original, but I had some fun times on 2, although they wer emostly jarred by the high-speed internet connection I required and lacked. I'd shoot people and they'd die seconds later, not to mention I'd get kicked out of matches due to the same thing. That said, I once took donw like 4 people as Snake in the span of 30 seconds with CQC thanks to it, so I guess I can't complain that much.

• Like 1