METAL GEAR ONLINE 3

I kinda hope the special characters arent in every mode, same goes for the Walker gears. Those can quickly get overpowered and at worse case ruin online experience like Exo's did to Killzone 3.

The Walker gears looked terribly OP from what I saw. Hope they're toned down somewhat in a patch but I'm liking the map sizes.. I hope we get some classic ones down the line or something. Would love to see some MGO 3 Ghost Factory lol.

• Like 1

So everyone's final thoughts on all the gameplay they showed? I'm optimistic and going to go into it with a good mindset.

So far, I really like Ocelot's gunplay, reminds me of the SAA action from MGO 1 and MPO/MPO+. Snake's arm mechanics are cool too, (I wonder if the Hand of Jehuty will be a skill? I doubt it but that'd be cool and somewhat OP.) xD

I have a feeling we're gonna get DLC and then some.. like classic maps, I'm pretty sure we'll get MGO 1 or MGO 2 maps. Hell I would really love to see Town from MPO or Silo Sunset again! Do you guys mind the quick kills? It seems headshots can be pretty lethal! Especially if you have a good sniper on your team. Might have to be running Optics + though in TDM because of the stealth camo abundance.. it's gonna be there.

• Like 1

The Walker gears looked terribly OP from what I saw.

I dunno, the minigun on those things is terribly inaccurate.

So everyone's final thoughts on all the gameplay they showed? I'm optimistic and going to go into it with a good mindset.

It looked good but it's just a presentation. I'll give you my thoughts when i get to play the real thing if you'll care to hear it. 

I dunno, the minigun on those things is terribly inaccurate.

It looked good but it's just a presentation. I'll give you my thoughts when i get to play the real thing if you'll care to hear it. 

I watched a gamespot video and the guy literally killed like over 10 people with it.. but that was the presentation. :P Probably after the commentators were done.

And sure, I think a lot of people will be putting their weight on it. Especially MGO 2 and MGO 1 vets.

So everyone's final thoughts on all the gameplay they showed?

I'm happy with what they showed us. I have my fears, but I'm going to try it with an open mind as well. From the old maps I would like to see B.B. and G.G. return. I didnt really like Groznyj Grad in MGO2 because the servers couldnt handle the framerate of a large map like that. This time the maps are going to be larger so I think G.G. would be a perfect fit.

Really just cant wait to try out the game and find out if I'm any good and see what the clan base is going to look like.

Edited by LovesAnInjection
  • Like 1

I'm happy with what they showed us. I have my fears, but I'm going to try it with an open mind as well. From the old maps I would like to see B.B. and G.G. return. I didnt really like Groznyj Grad in MGO2 because the servers couldnt handle the framerate of a large map like that. I think this time because the maps are going to be larger G.G. would be a perfect fit.

Really just cant wait to try out the game and find out if I'm any good and see what the clan base is going to look like.

I'm sure it won't be as chaotic like the presentation but omg that livestream chat.. I'm glad I'm not there anymore. :|

Yes G.G.would be amazing! I'm sure they're considering it.. yes these maps seem a lot bigger than MGO 2's but MGO 2 had some hugeee maps like V.V. <3

Honestly I can't wait either, my first few matches or so will be on PS3 though! :( I so wanna play in 60 FPS and 8v8..

Edited by Cielle

Honestly I can't wait either, my first few matches or so will be on PS3 though! :( I so wanna play in 60 FPS and 8v8..

Omg, I'm playing the PS3 version right now and it's god awful. The aim is so off and feels super akward. On the PS4 it's smooth as heck.

Edited by LovesAnInjection
  • Like 1

Omg, I'm playing the PS3 version right now and it's god awful. The aim is so off and feels super akward. On the PS4 it's smooth as heck.

That's the version I'm getting tomorrow. I wanna be a first achiever.. but don't expect me to be playing too much MGO 3 on it. Maybe a few matches or so. :|

MGO 3 on PS4 looks like its gonna be sooo smooth!

I just noticed I posted this thread in the PS3 section of the game for some strange reason :|  If any mod sees this feel free to move it to the PS4 MGSV:Phantom Pain section because I guess most people are gonna be playing that version B)

I'll play like one or two matches of MGO 3 on PS3 if I don't have a PS4 by then.. and then tell you how bad it is. xD I can't wait to get it on the PS4.. might get in some good MP goodness before I go for trophies again.

• Like 1

I just realized that the PS3 version will eventually be plagued by hackers.. I'm sure people with a jailbroken PS3 will be able to hop on and wreck havoc there. I can see people with infinite ammo, walking through walls, etc. :(

Hopefully it doesn't happen with the few matches I play but I am so migrating to the PS4 version soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea who would want to play the game the way it's shown in the video above. It looks incredibly broken and stupid.

No doubt there's gonna be dickheads trying to mod MGO3 on PS3, and PC day one. And when they succeed, everyone is going to leave, and the hackers will have to play with themselves. 

I have no idea who would want to play the game the way it's shown in the video above. It looks incredibly broken and stupid.

No doubt there's gonna be dickheads trying to mod MGO3 on PS3, and PC day one. And when they succeed, everyone is going to leave, and the hackers will have to play with themselves. 

Well Ammar makes online games a living hell for legit players, look at Uncharted 3.. he spread his hacks around and now there's almost a hacker in every game you might find. Major reason why I stopped at 100k kills. And I have a feeling the PS3 community is just going to plummet if this shit is available right from the get go when the online launches.

People like me who don't even have a PS4 yet want to try it out but then we'll get shafted by the hackers/modders.. I'm pretty sure he'd try to find a way to weasel his hacks into PS4 games if it was ever possible.

Hopefully the hackers are banned this time...............................................................................................................

Chances of that happening? Idk, I hope these MGO community managers are better than MGO 2's. They were shit outside of Japan.

Edited by Cielle