METAL GEAR ONLINE 3

Hopefully they take their hacking/cheating into the Rex lobby and let DSx and Mind Games deal with them. I'm a lvl 8 sloth, I got nothing to worry about while playing in Johnny lobby.

I remember a level 0 in MGO 2 who literally had good gear and everything but only played in the Johnny lobby. Think he deleveled himself on purpose or something. Aghh I'm excited. T_T Still need to platinum the game too..

Edited by Cielle

Alright guys, the day we've been waiting for is here! I edited my first post a little! I think it's better if we use this thread as the official discussion rather then the post your first match thread. That thread should be for the purpose I first meant it to be :P

Edited by LovesAnInjection

Little question... I don't want to play the story yet, can I play MGO without touching the story (Like in MGS4) or I need things from the story to unlock modes/weapons?

Thanks!

I don't think you have. The only thing you bring from the singleplayer is the character you create on it.

Ok so here's my impressions from the 3 matches of Bounty Hunter so far.

I love the music selection, although no ZOE.. Snatcher, or Snake Eater it seems..

Customization compared to MGO 2? Wow. I already miss the customization that game had.. there's some ok customization here but damn. 

Now onto the gameplay. I've came in second/third in all my matches, and I'm just using barebones Scout loadout in Bounty Hunter. People are just trying to CQC me from left to right, I'm seeing animation lag and CQC fests already lol. So far.. I'm not really impressed, its ok I suppose.

From all the videos I've seen, it's all dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge. Even though in MGO2 there were run and gunners, at least you saw people placing traps, CQCing, scanning, etc. In MGO3 it looks chaotic and like a Counter Strike/Battlefield copy. It's early and I haven't played it yet, so my opinion is from just watching. When I play it, maybe my mind will change.

From all the videos I've seen, it's all dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge. Even though in MGO2 there were run and gunners, at least you saw people placing traps, CQCing, scanning, etc. In MGO3 it looks chaotic and like a Counter Strike/Battlefield copy. It's early and I haven't played it yet, so my opinion is from just watching. When I play it, maybe my mind will change.

I'm having mixed feelings right now..

Tell the Devs your feedback.

https://twitter.com/MetalGearOnline?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Edited by Cielle

Played a few matches then I went back to playing FOB's. It's not bad by any means, but I think it still needs work.

Ok so here's my impressions from the 3 matches of Bounty Hunter so far.

I love the music selection, although no ZOE.. Snatcher, or Snake Eater it seems..

Customization compared to MGO 2? Wow. I already miss the customization that game had.. there's some ok customization here but damn. 

Now onto the gameplay. I've came in second/third in all my matches, and I'm just using barebones Scout loadout in Bounty Hunter. People are just trying to CQC me from left to right, I'm seeing animation lag and CQC fests already lol. So far.. I'm not really impressed, its ok I suppose.

I didn't see any animations lag when I was playing it. Could that be the ps3 version, or did I just get lucky in my matches?

Edited by Dark_Tooth69

Played a few matches then I went back to playing FOB's. It's not bad by any means, but I think it still needs work.

I didn't see any animations lag when I was playing it. Could that be the ps3 version, or did I just get lucky in my matches?

Its the PS3 version.. I'm also not seeing any Ocelot or Snake, are they in Bounty Hunter or is this because I'm on PS3? Nvm, they're in match selection, not automatch.

I'm also playing to get my female soldier, I'm eh on male soldiers tbh. I'm not doing too bad, I haven't lost a single match actually in Bounty Hunter.. might be a different story in Cloak & Dagger aka TSNE. 

And let's hope we get more customization, I have my pink camo so thats ok for me so far lol.

Edited by Cielle

Been enjoying the hell out of MGO3, even if I've been playing with randoms. Shame to hear that you guys haven't been enjoying it, especially MGO fans. Only gripes I have with the online is the lack of customization options. And the lack of weapons that you can use so far as well. I'm already Level 10, and I still only have a few weapons. Aside that, I've been having a blast.

Edited by Ethan Ruhkillmeez

Been enjoying the hell out of MGO3, even if I've been playing with randoms. Shame to hear that you guys haven't been enjoying it, especially MGO fans. Only gripes I have with the online is the lack of customization options. And the lack of weapons that you can use so far as well. I'm already Level 10, and I still only have a few weapons. Aside that, I've been having a blast.

I don't know, It reminds me so much of Peace Walker's multiplayer now that I think about it.. and Versus Ops was meh.

I miss custom names, that should have been there in the start and also the Attacking team can use Stealth Camo in Cloak & Dagger. Wtf? You weren't allowed to do that in MGO 2's TSNE. That is a big no no for me.

Bounty Hunter is alright, if you wanna win big.. just make an infiltrator class and rock stealth camo. I went 21-3.  :rolleyes: But this is just an old MGO fan complaining I guess. I got spoiled on that game and this makes me miss it so much despite all the problems it had. =/ 

I think I'm done for now. TL;DR, PS3 version sucks imo, maybeeeeee my mind will change some when I get the PS4 one. But by then everyone will be so ahead of me it won't even be funny. 

Has anyone noticed how slow GP earning is? Or is that just me.

Edited by Cielle
  • Like 1