METAL GEAR ONLINE 3

I got to play MGO3 a bit today, and i don't like it. There are two reasons: it's very laggy and delayed, 99% of the time when i get into a 1v1 firefight with someone, we either both die, or i die one second after i kill my opponent.

Second reason: i'm slow as a fucking snail. Because unlike 95% of the players in MGO3, i didn't pick the infiltrator class. So as a scout, if i don't want to move as slow as a snail i have to unequip most of my weapons, which makes me defenseless.

Maybe i'll change my mind as i level up my character more.

• Like 3

I got to play MGO3 a bit today, and i don't like it. There are two reasons: it's very laggy and delayed, 99% of the time when i get into a 1v1 firefight with someone, we either both die, or i die one second after i kill my opponent.

Second reason: i'm slow as a fucking snail. Because unlike 95% of the players in MGO3, i didn't pick the infiltrator class. So as a scout, if i don't want to move as slow as a snail i have to unequip most of my weapons, which makes me defenseless.

All of the classes suck, it was a terrible idea to try an impliment that feature into MGO. I cant believe how brainless this game is... This game really doesnt feel like one of those games that will grow into you. Every time I play it I hate it even more if thats possible!

• Like 2

I'm kinda lost. Seems to me TSNE had infinite stealth cameo too and it turned off when seen. I thought you guys said otherwise.

And, to be honest, this looks a lot like cloak an dagger, but with better players. And the CQC isn't OP, so that's nice.

Yeah they kept that mechanic in the Cloak and Dagger aspect for MGO 3.

I made one Scout and I joined one lobby that had almost all infiltrators or enforcers..

• Like 1

Also, there is no host migration! When the host disconnects after you've been doing so well in a match is not very fun.

I'll just say this again: it's 2015 and there's no host migration in MGO3. Hopefully they will patch that in later.

I made one Scout and I joined one lobby that had almost all infiltrators or enforcers..

I have no idea why anyone plays as an enforcer. Enforcers are slow as fuck, they take as much damage as everyone else, and the light machine guns they have are incredibly inaccurate.

It's the worst class in the game.

• Like 1

Also, there is no host migration! When the host disconnects after you've been doing so well in a match is not very fun.

I'll just say this again: it's 2015 and there's no host migration in MGO3. Hopefully they will patch that in later.

I have no idea why anyone plays as an enforcer. Enforcers are slow as fuck, they take as much damage as everyone else, and the light machine guns they have are incredibly inaccurate.

You get rocket launchers at a later level I think.. :|

The shield is useful as f*ck. It's great when you're facing several enemies.

Liking the game the more I play it. Only thing is... I haven't seen the concept of "Tactical Team Operations" being well used, lol Since most people just run around and shoot anything and anyone,  they tend to kill you a lot often, and when they do die, they don't give a shit, they just spawn in the middle of a battleground, and whilst they spawn, if they get shot, they can't get hurt since they're "spawning still", and when they do fully spawn, they'll just kill you right away no matter what. I'm still having a blast though. And I actually don't think the Walker Gears are OP, at least for me. I usually destroy them quickly or just take out the host out of its control. I usually rank in as the top player with the most points/kills, so maybe that's why it doesn't really bother me. Some people complain about lag, but I haven't experienced any lagswitching, so I haven't encountered any bullshit worth raging over. And I think my favorite mode is Cloak and Daggers, since you can be stealthy as fuck in that one as the attackers, and strategize what you're gonna do against the enemy team... except, if you do die, well, you fucking die and stay dead till the round ends, aaaaand so much for being the attacker for long, lol I could be stealthy in the other modes, but as you guys have expressed, it's a fucking warzone anywhere that is outside of Cloak and Daggers. Everyone's shooting and dodging everywhere non-stop.

MGO3 really needs to have work be put into it, even I gotta admit that. There needs to be more maps, more game modes, and weapons. If more weapons can't be added, at least us earn more weapons through the early ranks, since it takes forever to actually obtain weapons when leveling up. And sad to see that you can only use Punished Snake and Revolver Ocelot as the only Metal gear key characters. Yeah, not that many characters you can actually use in MGO3 from the campaign of MGSV: TPP, but come on, only two? I don't even know how you can use them yet. Have seen people use them though. And if there's actually more key characters, well, I haven't seen any. And the customization for your avatars is... not quite that in-depth. You can only have short hair for both male and female soldiers, and there's not that many gear items you can have. I actually saw a player wear a head piece of Sahelanthropus, but I don't know how you can earn and wear that, maybe you need to reach Ascension or something? i swear to god, if you have to buy through the PSN store, or with MB coins, or whatever...! Don't like that you actually need to spend MB coins to customize some of the skin colors of your weapons or gear.

I'm having fun... so far. If the game doesn't receive the proper patch installations, and additions of DLC, (FREE HOPEFULLY) I can see myself growing tired of MGO3 very quickly. And basically... both the campaign and multiplayer section of the game are unfinished... fuck you Konami, fuck you. :/ And supposedly there's rumors roaming around that there were supposed to be 5 chapters in the single-player...? Just... goddamn it Konami. U dun goof.

• Like 1

I switched to the infiltrator class because i can't stand how slow the other two classes move. Infiltrator is the best class hands down, and i've been having much more fun playing with him.

But i'll quit MGO3 for now because it's way too laggy at the moment. I keep getting shot around corners....it's infuriating.

I actually saw a player wear a head piece of Sahelanthropus, but I don't know how you can earn and wear that, maybe you need to reach Ascension or something? i swear to god, if you have to buy through the PSN store, or with MB coins, or whatever...! Don't like that you actually need to spend MB coins to customize some of the skin colors of your weapons or gear.

The Metal Gear head is a collectors edition item.

• Like 1

I switched to the infiltrator class because i can't stand how slow the other two classes move. Infiltrator is the best class hands down, and i've been having much more fun playing with him.

But i'll quit MGO3 for now because it's way too laggy at the moment. I keep getting shot around corners....it's infuriating.

Speed isn't everything. An enforcer or a scout is as good as an infiltrator, you just don't rush blindly in the fight and you avoid a lot of unnecessary deaths. I have played with all three classes and I managed to be the best in the match with all three.

And the Sahelenthropus head is a collectors item? I saw it on PS3, but the collectors edition don't exist for that platform. How?

And the Sahelenthropus head is a collectors item? I saw it on PS3, but the collectors edition don't exist for that platform. How?

I guess they didn't bother releasing it for the PS3 because a lot of people are switching to PS4 and XBONE.

I only saw PS4 and XBONE versions had a collectors edition.

DAMN IT. Had a feeling it was DLC or something... have you seen other head pieces, like the croc, or squid head pieces? I haven't seen anyone using them, and I don't see as to how you can use them.

• Like 1

DAMN IT. Had a feeling it was DLC or something... have you seen other head pieces, like the croc, or squid head pieces? I haven't seen anyone using them, and I don't see as to how you can use them.

I haven't seen the croc head, or the squid head. Maybe you get those at a later level, or when you ascend your character. I wouldn't be surprised if the croc and the squid head end up being DLC.

Croc Head and the like aren't even out yet it seems. Female soldiers are getting EVA's outfit from MGS3 later as well it looks like.. I just hope this isn't all but male soldiers will be getting a tuxedo so that's cool.

I'm somehow thinking it's gonna cost us real money..  :angry:

Sigh, I've come to terms that this is the only MGO I can play right now because I don't feel like setting up a hacked PS3 for MGO 2 even though I miss it and all the customization it had.

I really hope we get some damn patches, I've seen some laggy D-Walkers as well.. and lag in Cloak and Dagger. If you wouldn't believe, one cloak and dagger match turned into an all out killing spree and the attacking team didn't even go for the damn disc lol. I'm about to give it another go but idk how I'll feel..

we need more maps, more items, more modes. Or it's gonna offer so much less than what MGO 2 or even MGO 1 did.

In MGO 1 we had: Sokolov, Raikov, Ocelot, Big Boss, Reiko, Rowdy Reiko (I can't think of anyone else)

MPO/MPO+ (PSP games) had a shit ton of unique characters.

MGO 2 we had: Raiden, Meryl, Akiba, Snake, Metal gear mk.II (Otacon), Vamp, Mei Ling and Ocelot.

I have no idea who we would get as extra characters in MGO 3.. Quiet or someone else maybe? :|

• Like 3

The Rex head is in the PS3 version.. seeing somebody wearing it in cloak and dagger now. o__0 But there's no collector's edition PS3 version from what I know?

Both teams having stealth camo in cloak and dagger has to go soon. its getting frustrating. Only one should have it. I think this calls another break from the online.. These problems are getting on my nerves.

Edited by Cielle

This iteration is incredibly underwhelming. It's lacking so many features, modes and maps I can't even be bothered making a definitive list. I really hope it gets sorted out before the PC version is released, because I have a feeling Konami will abandon it after they've released the PC version.

Btw if anyone's interested I'm only playing Comm Control since it's the mode where you can earn the most XP. Playing as a female Infiltrator, working towards Lvl 37 for Ascension

Just helped my friend reach Lvl 6 so they could make their own character, and found out its depressingly easy to boost XP in this game. You don't get much GP, but you can get around 16,000XP per match boosting Comm Control. I'm not going to be doing that because I prefer kicking butt the normal way, and would rather earn my way to Ascension.

Edited by LeetWolf2
  • Like 2

This iteration is incredibly underwhelming. It's lacking so many features, modes and maps I can't even be bothered making a definitive list. I really hope it gets sorted out before the PC version is released, because I have a feeling Konami will abandon it after they've released the PC version.

Btw if anyone's interested I'm only playing Comm Control since it's the mode where you can earn the most XP. Playing as a female Infiltrator, working towards Lvl 37 for Ascension

Just helped my friend reach Lvl 6 so they could make their own character, and found out its depressingly easy to boost XP in this game. You don't get much GP, but you can get around 16,000XP per match boosting Comm Control. I'm not going to be doing that because I prefer kicking butt the normal way, and would rather earn my way to Ascension.

This has apparently been floating around

Japanese players are already disgruntled lol. I doubt this will happen but I signed it anyway.

Edited by Cielle

Link doesn't lead me to anywhere, doesn't work. By the way, how do you add a link like that?

Highlight your text, click the paperclip with the + on it and paste your URL over the highlighted words.

should be fixed btw. It's working on my end but idk.

Edited by Cielle
  • Like 1

. I doubt this will happen but I signed it anyway.

Same. MGO2 was awesome before the hackers and cheaters. Would also like to update my boosting comment, since I found out you can get around 60,000XP an hour boosting Comm Control. They really need to fix it so you can't earn XP in private matches. People are just going to reach Ascension multiple times pretty quickly, while people actually bothering to play it legitimately will be left behind. I seriously hope that they're going to keep supporting MGO3

• Like 1

Same. MGO2 was awesome before the hackers and cheaters. Would also like to update my boosting comment, since I found out you can get around 60,000XP an hour boosting Comm Control. They really need to fix it so you can't earn XP in private matches. People are just going to reach Ascension multiple times pretty quickly, while people actually bothering to play it legitimately will be left behind. I seriously hope that they're going to keep supporting MGO3

So you could just host by yourself and have one other friend and get easy XP? you are sacrificing the GP earning but damn.

I honestly don't like this level progression system. I mean levels were in MGO 2 but at least guns weren't kept from us.

Edited by Cielle

Well, someone got through the pain of ascending all three times and didn't found any of the cool stuff like swimsuits and wacky hats. And only the first ascension gives good stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mgo/comments/3oa6lc/ascension_3_rank_40_the_ultimate_unlock/

That's a huge bummer. And it will be a bigger one if this stuff comes as paid DLC. I don't mind paid costumes, but when the only costumes are paid costumes, I get angry.

Besides that, I'm enjoying a lot the game. The matches are fun and dynamic. There's enough strategy to prevent players from running without consequences, but not enough to qualify the game as tactical team operations. After level ten, you unlock some decent weapons to make a great customized loadout. The CQC and the walker gears are too OP, so I hope to see some changes in the future. I want also an option to select weather on matches. Playing a whole match on a sandstorm would be awesome.

• Like 1