Dionaea and Peltatum elemental weakness? Also what modules for a Barbara?

Hentekorino

Hello, I'm making a Barbara specifically to kill both of these things as I am trying to kill them without dying, just wanna know what elements I should put on it. I'm more focused on the Peltatum since the Dionaea looks a lot easier from videos, but I don't want to put an element on my Barbara if the Dionaea is resistant to that element. I've read that Pelta is weak to either Will'O or Electricity, but in order to get Will'O into my Barbara I'd need to farm Pelta, so I'm just going to go with 25% electricity for now, is this fine? Is Dionaea resistant to electricity?

My Barbara is only an R6 though it is LBGR1. I'm planning on putting Attack L/XL, Clip Size XL and Mag Size XL, anything else that I should add on?

You're putting too much thought into it. If you run behind the rocks in the Dragon fight, you can shoot it with a level 10 assault gun and kill it before time runs out and never take any damage. Its wings are big enough that you can shoot them without it being able to hit you behind the rocks.

As for the pelta fight, you should be destroying the box things on it's back in the correct order so that you can destroy the arm things that spawn. I can't remember the exact order for pelta, but destroy the boxes in the order that the arm things fall off from them. When you destroy the boxes, you can kill the arm things so that they don't come back up. As long as you have enough painkillers, this fight shouldn't be much trouble. The arms won't bother you and pelta itself rarely does anything that would damage you until after you reduce its health enough (this should happen after you destroy all boxes and arms.) At this point, you can shoot it with a level 10 assault gun for a few minutes and it'll die. As long as you dodge the laser attack (it is easily avoidable) this last step should be the easiest. I'll look up the order that the arms naturally detach and update this post with it.

Here's the order if you're looking at it from the front:

6X7

I say a level 10 weapon because that's what I used, but a level 7 or higher should probably be able to put out enough dps to accomplish it.
Edited by Urushibara Ruka
  • Like 3

Hello, I'm making a Barbara specifically to kill both of these things as I am trying to kill them without dying, just wanna know what elements I should put on it. I'm more focused on the Peltatum since the Dionaea looks a lot easier from videos, but I don't want to put an element on my Barbara if the Dionaea is resistant to that element. I've read that Pelta is weak to either Will'O or Electricity, but in order to get Will'O into my Barbara I'd need to farm Pelta, so I'm just going to go with 25% electricity for now, is this fine? Is Dionaea resistant to electricity?

My Barbara is only an R6 though it is LBGR1. I'm planning on putting Attack L/XL, Clip Size XL and Mag Size XL, anything else that I should add on?

You got the right idea so I'll help you out.

In my experience, upgrading to the Electricity advanced model was a waste of time. They're really only effective on normal abductors and partially to romasas. Even then, it's still kind of useless when it activates since it stuns them for such a short time. Better off using your Binding Thorn and getting some hits in. 

If you couldn't upgrade to the Will'O adv. model then you should have went with the Impact model. Sure the color scheme is horrible, but Barbs has a decent amount of Impact and the Impact model improves upon that. You might think Impact is worthless but it helps a lot against the Dion. You could constantly be staggering it and stopping it from using any big moves. The other good thing about going Impact, especially for rookies is because you can upgrade it to quite a high number before you notice that you need materials from Retributions. On every model besides Impact, you're probably going to get as far as Level 4 or 5. But on the Impact model, you can go to level 7 or 8 easily. 

Second, Dion is not resistant to Electricity, it just barely activates and will seem useless. Especially if it's at a low number. Fire is useful against Dions, but that's not possible for you right now. Will'O is effective against the Pelta, but you need Pelta parts for it. Best thing you can do is go online and get some parts of it with help. Then you can use the parts to upgrade other weapons to a Will'O adv model and feed it to your Barbs for more Will'O element. If you don't want to do that, then just go ice. It'll make destroying parts on the Dion and Pelta more easy and also give them more damage.

I feel like I'm rambling so I'll finish this post with recommendations for more modules. The firing rate up Xl is good for Barbs since the firing damage is constant, Elemental damage up XL is another good one. And give it stagger damage up Xl as well. If you need any more help or are still confused about something, give me a shout. Good luck.

For the record, you don't need to use the Barbara, care about weapon elements, farm Peltas or even play online (aside from the 15 online missions trophy) to collect the game's platinum. It's easy enough without all that unless you WANT to do them.

All you really need is a good all-purpose weapon/item/mod setup and some a.i. party members to be leveled up.

I personally used:

EZ Katze? (that gun you start with) Advance Impact lv.7 LBGR1 rarity 6+ (don't remember the exact rarity) with Powerup XL and L and no bad mods. Nothing else mattered.

Damascus Knife with the exact same setup as EZ Katze aside maybe the rarity. Pretty much only used for cutting.

My accessory used pretty much an exact copy of my EZ Katze.

The only mod I cared about was Last Legs. Everything else was optional.

Items included Med Kits, Ammo Packs and the item that increases your damage which I had my accessory carry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To fight the Pelta (which I found to be ALOT easier offline with the a.i.) first shoot the shield generators off then cut off the boxes and kill the chains one at a time. Cut off a box, kill the chain, repeat. While you're doing this have your allies and accessory the order to focus on reviving so they don't damage the Pelta too fast before killing all the chains (this is VERY important)

Once all the chains are gone have everyone unload on the boss and you'll beat it with little to no difficulty with plenty of time to spare.

For the dion just shoot the wings until they break and stay out of it's way and not in front of it when it charges/fly's and fires it's laser and fireballs. Pretty easy really.

Hope this helps you.

Alternatively, you can get the laser beam or a rocket launcher and hide in the little hallway where you enter the Pelta fight. There's an invisible wall for the chains, so they can't get to you. You'll only have to leave the place for restocking ammo which is close to the door anyway.

What I said on PST, just get the rocket launcher and hide in corridor.

Get less powerful one as your second one so you can kill off the chains that will block your aim.

Alternatively, you can get the laser beam or a rocket launcher and hide in the little hallway where you enter the Pelta fight. There's an invisible wall for the chains, so they can't get to you. You'll only have to leave the place for restocking ammo which is close to the door anyway.

You don't even need to leave, just pick them with the thorn :D

Thanks for the advice everyone. Yeah I kind of was overthinking it lol... I got sick of trying to farm for some drops so I just went it with that Barbara at lv 4, put on Attack up XL and some other modules, stuck on some attack augs and got both trophies pretty damn easily. My Pelta strat was literally just clinging to the back of its head and firing at it's neck weakspot, dead within a couple of minutes. Dionaea was a bit more involved as I was hiding behind rocks quite a bit. Couldn't even breaks it's wings either.

Edited by Hentekorino

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, I did all the Ramosa, Paradoxa and Peltatum kills on their respective story missions (first time you encounter them). Neither are a difficult fight if you focus and stay up close (personally). The only change away from heavy/cutting weapons I ever did was using a Blaster on the Chains of Peltatum.

Dionaea I hacked away at without ever touching a ranged weapon, Freedom Wars is much easier to play up-close than at range, but that's just me. xD

Getting a Blaster (sticky grenade cannon, not Barbara) is level 10 is pretty easy too, as long as you keep it as a Blaster and don't branch out into the elemental variants.