what would you do if you could go back into the past ?

Purple Heart

do we all want wings? I shall help god make us all winged. and maybe figure out how we don't need sleep. I'm sure sleep is just here to slow humans down from progressing too fast. but but seeing how some of the technologies are moving along so slow.. we definitely! don't need sleep in formula.

interesting :)

I would try to avoid some personal bad experiences and to stop Robin Williams from committing suicide. He always was (and still is) one of my favourite actors and I'm still not over his death, so I would have to try to do something.  :(

Robin Williams was a very nice person. No one can beat his quality of humor. Rest in Piece, Robin Williams.

• Like 1

Why, if i had this magnificent force of power in the palm of my hands i would!!---Go back in time and see if aliens really did help the egyptians build pyramids.

Sounds stupid i know, but time travel will never ever happen in a million lightyears or atleast until i die of old age.

I'd still just go do something small in the past and then come back IF it were possible.

Edited by Oblivion

• 3 months later...

I would buy game consoles(like SNES) and video games in their original sealed packages, then come back to the present and sell them off "at a high price!" Doc then scolds me and I have to forget about that idea, only for Biff to overhear and do that exact same thing. I come back to the present time and see that bikers and hookers are wandering around. I then realize I'm in Las Vegas. Nothing out of the ordinary here I think, until I see Chris Brown with a girl and he's not punching her. I quickly make my way through and meet up with Doc and he tells me how we're in "alternate" 2016. We make plans and I'll have to go back in time, again, and punch "myself" in the face before I have the chance to blurt out my idea for Biff in the bushes to hear, and hopefully concuss "myself" and forget about any ideas "I" have of going back in time and buying video games. After that I get a restraining order against Biff and Biff is not allowed within 500ft of a school.

Like people have said definitely not kill Hitler. By killing him that might result in a much worse world, it's best to leave it as it is. Yes there's terrorists and other very disturbing things in the world but we're dealing with them and who says they wouldn't happen eventually even if Hitler was killed.

But anyway I wouldn't change anything. There is so much which I regret doing/not doing but they were my choices, I knew what some of the consequences were and some which I didn't. People say that they want lottery numbers or anything to make their life better, just because you're happier doesn't mean that's the right choice. By doing that you'd be a different person and you will probably affect 1,000 other peoples lives.

At the end of the day every mistake which you have made has made who you are, I'm happy with who I am even if I've made terrible mistakes before. We learn from them and if your life is 100% perfect there is no room for mistakes

Edited by LadyTonberry

Interesting how many posts are about going back to change or prevent mistakes that were made. I think about this as well and there are many things that I would love to go back and change or do different. However maybe the lesson we can all learn about feeling that way is this - Don't regret what you can't change. What happened in the past belongs there and it's always right to think about the here and now and what you can do Today. Do what you can to help improve you as a person or your life altogether.

• Like 1

- Don't regret what you can't change.

The entire point of the hypothetical is to consider what you would do if you could, though....

OT:

I'd probably go back and try to stop my infant self developing a taste for unhealthy foods - maybe i'd have less issues with my diet.... Also, maybe try and stop William Randolph Hurst from building his empire, so his smear campaign would never happen.... The world would likely be a much more 'chilled out' place now...

The entire point of the hypothetical is to consider what you would do if you could, though....

OT:

I'd probably go back and try to stop my infant self developing a taste for unhealthy foods - maybe i'd have less issues with my diet.... Also, maybe try and stop William Randolph Hurst from building his empire, so his smear campaign would never happen.... The world would likely be a much more 'chilled out' place now...

Yes that's true, good point but I just wanted to include a positive message since it seems to be almost a negative topic.