what would you do if you could go back into the past ?

Purple Heart

Go back and re-write the United States Constitution, that way we may have avoided the power of the NRA and the ever growing spate of public shootings. I'm not even American or a genius but seriously, when does this crap stop?I mean FFS ladies, it is ridiculous.

Btw, I love you guys and am most certainly not anti American.

This probably isn't a common answer but I wouldn't tamper anything when it comes to time travel.

There was a time to where I would look at the idea of time travel and say something along the lines of "I would so do that" or "if time travel was possible I would change..." but I've grown up to realize that time is a very fragile thing to tamper with. To put it simple, changing one thing (whether it be good or bad), can lead to changing a whole lot of other things. For example; killing Adolf Hitler. If I was to go back in time when WW II was happening and I ended up killing Hitler earlier than originally. That WILL change some/a lot of things from that point on.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that everything happens for a reason.

But what if I can go back into the past and not have to worry about everything I've said above?

- Find out the winning numbers to win the lottery

- Visit Jesus and give him a high five

- Play a video game with cavemen

- Prevent the attack on the Twin Towers

- Visit my parents when they were just kids (lets just say around the age of 12)

Visit Constantinople during the reign of the Roman-Greeks (1100AD or 1200AD) during this time the city was said to be a wonder. Greater than Rome, Memphis, or Babylon before it. Chariot races, debauchery, imperial intrigue, sophisticated plumbing system, Hagia Sophia, glorious statues and monuments, gold gilded buildings, finally tons and tons of amazing Mosaic.

Edited by MafiaBrett
  • Like 1

With every year that passes, I doubt more that I would actually do this, because it was so long ago, and so much has happened since.

But, I would go back and try to warn my best friend's family about the meningitis that ultimately took her life.

Not sure if it'd help. But I'd have to try. 

• 1 month later...

Alter the course of nature by selectively manipulating the primitive species of the planet to see that giant insects become the dominant species.

Also, I'd probably travel back every time I say one little thing I get embarrassed and think way too much about and just make myself not say those things. I do that alot for some reason.

^Love that avatar

Get into NASA and be part of the moon landing in 1969, Be the first person to walk on the moon. Instead of making a great speech for earth to hear I would let loose a enormous belch. That's how our species will remember the moon landing for eternity, one humongous belch.