15+ Years, What sequel do you still yearn for?

TigressLion

Does anyone in game development read these threads? I'm sounding like a buzz-kill here, I realise that, but they are kind of frequent and a little bit pointless if the aim was to show support for these franchises. Much better to email or write to the studios or publishers that now own the IP.

But, anyway, my response: Jet Force Gemini

Although I'd never play a reboot as I'm a PS man now...

Spider-Man 4. 

Oh, wait, that's not been 15 years yet, let me pick something else.

Spider-Man 4.

It's not 15years but a new Time Splitter would be amazing!

Actually, a TimeSplitters 3 would be sexy as, I've been replaying through the second one on Wii U recently and it's still so much fun.

Either, i just want to see peoples wishes.

In this case I'm going to count since the first game and vote for:

Legacy of Kain (~19 years since Blood Omen). Defiance ended on the cliffhanger and there was supposed to be one more game. I would love to play the ressurected Dark Prophecy. 

Prince of Persia (~26 years since the Apple II original). Specifically, the 2008 reboot (as the Sands of Time timeline doesn't need any new additions). The main game's ending was eluding to more, Epilogue left even more questions... Even the Fallen King (it isn't that bad, but I prefer to pretend that it isn't canon and everything ended with Epilogue) ended very openly. Ether way, the POP 2008's storyline still doesn't have a proper conclusion.

And just in case, a  more "fair" and "by the rules"  vote for a forgotten 19 years old game: Dark Savior (it could really use a reimagining more than a sequel though... ah, whatever). I really want to see the story resolved properly and gameplay fleshed out in the way more resembling this game's "younger brother", Alundra. Really, the story in there was fascinating... I've spent quite a lot of time trying to piece it together and obsessing over the absence of the elusive "sixth parallel".  

Edited by NetEntity
  • Like 2

Not quite 15 years (~13), but I wouldn't mind seeing something done with La Pucelle Tactics.

It would be really nice if the extended port for the PSP, La Pucelle: Ragnarok (or the Makai Kingdom Portable), was officially translated and reworked for the Vita.

It has a big chunk of extra content. Around 5-6 more chapters of alternate story, I think.

Dark Cloud 3 is the obvious answer. Now that KH3 is actually happening, this game is my most wanted sequel. A couple other games i'd love to see, both 10 years old, are Rogue Galaxy (which was very similar to Dark Cloud, also by LEVEL-5) and Destroy All Humans (not that shitty Path of Furon).

ROCKET KNIGHT ADVENTURES PLEASE

There is another Rocket Knight game on Xbox 360 marketplace. I can't remember what it's called, but it's not as good as the original.

I think what is even more lame is he doesn't even get Front and Centre on his own game. The stupid elf thing is in the front :(

NOBODY MOCKS STEALTH ELF!!

Erm, on topic.

Shadowrun from the Genesis, there have been two games since then but they were both loosely based in the original, not actual sequels.

Blaster Master from the NES

Secret of Evermore

Kid Icarus (no, the shitty 3D shooter one doesn't count)

a new Katamari would be nice

There has been new Katamari games, but uhm, not that great ones.

Actually, a TimeSplitters 3 would be sexy as, I've been replaying through the second one on Wii U recently and it's still so much fun.

They did release a third TimeSplitters game... ;)

150867-TimeSplitters_-_Future_Perfect_(U

As you can see, it even had online MP.

Unfortunately, while I really liked the second game, the third one had lost all it's charm and tried to be way more serious etc. I think I did pretty much everything possible, which is a lot, in TS2, while I didn't make it further than like 2/3 of the story of TS3...

While TS4 would have been great, I'd personally rather see a HD remake of TS2 with online and local MP.

Edited by MMDE

They did release a third TimeSplitters game... ;)

150867-TimeSplitters_-_Future_Perfect_(U

As you can see, it even had online MP.

Unfortunately, while I really liked the second game, the third one had lost all it's charm and tried to way more serious etc. I think I did pretty much everything possible, which is a lot, in TS2, while I didn't make it further than like 2/3 of the story of TS3...

While TS4 would have been great, I'd personally rather see a HD remake of TS2 with online and local MP.

I was not aware of this game. I remember being told about something like this a while back but never took the time to go to Wikipedia, I shall look this up later when I get a chance and see if it's worth eBaying, unless it's on GameCube, if it is, then screw that I'll download it, not like they're losing any money on me at this point anyways.

Although the first game in the series came out in 2001 and so is only 14 years old, not 15, I absolutely have to vote for a new Onimusha title.  I'm still pissed at Capcom for abandoning such an amazing series and spending the last 6 or 7 years churning out mediocre Resident Evil games and multiple rehashes of Street Fighter IV.  Capcom, get to work on a new Onimusha, dammit!! :shakefist:

A new Tenchu.

It's recently been 15 years since the European launch of Tenchu 2, which I loved to bits. Such a shame that From Soft are really invested in the Souls series, as an announcement of a new Tenchu would definitely raise some eyebrows, even with the more recent ones being panned for being crap.

Hell I found Tenchu 2 HARDER than the Souls series, must've been because I was way younger back then.

Honourable mentions go to Legend of Dragoon, TimeSplitters, Smugglers Run, Maximo and Croc.