Is it Fair?

dev2610

After almost playing for 2 years, I finally got my Numero Uno trophy the other day and I was checking out some of the gaming sessions for GTAV on PS3 and almost all of them had boosting for Numero Uno. My question is: why can't we limit the gaming sessions to selected trophies rather than letting people boost for everything that is on offer? I personally feel its not fair for people like us who have been playing the game for ages to get these trophies and see some guy who started a few months back, taking the easy route and getting them done in no time.

Edited by dev2610

It's all about your motivation. Some people feel proud achieving trophies and some just wanna see 100% ticked off on their list no matter what. Don't worry about other people's trophies, look at your motivation and acknowledge why you got the trophy the way you did. Did you feel happier eventually earning the trophy or do you think you would have derived e same sense of satisfaction and you gotten it through boosting? Based off of your answer, you can see which group you're in. Nothing wrong with either group, everyone enjoys their games differently.

• Like 4

My backlog has to disagree. If I were to play every mp game legit I'd hardly be getting anything done

Yup, some MP trophies are either too tough or a grind, just like this one and I understand we might need help with some of those, but like I said, those which are really tough to obtain can always be boosted, i.e,. selective trophies. PSNP should ideally be limiting the trophies one can boost of any particular game. For example, everyone wants to boost their journey trophies for The Last of Us. I mean, why? I understand one wants to boost for the DLC map trophies on PS3 which are a little tough to get but why journeys? Things like those doesn't make it fair. But I totally agree with you

It's all about your motivation. Some people feel proud achieving trophies and some just wanna see 100% ticked off on their list no matter what. Don't worry about other people's trophies, look at your motivation and acknowledge why you got the trophy the way you did. Did you feel happier eventually earning the trophy or do you think you would have derived e same sense of satisfaction and you gotten it through boosting? Based off of your answer, you can see which group you're in. Nothing wrong with either group, everyone enjoys their games differently.

That's well said. I second that and feel good I got it after more than a 2 year grind. Its not that i have never boosted, I have, but IMO, PSNP should be limiting the trophies one can get via boosting.

Life isn't fair man. People boost online trophies on games when they first come out even. There's really nothing anybody can do about it. Just feel a sense of satisfaction you got yours legit.

But someone has to bring this up, isn't it? I feel good, though.

Edited by dev2610

Just be glad you got it legit. I did as well. I've boosted other games though. People are going to boost games. Don't worry about them.

I am definitely glad and its not that I am against boosting for trophies, I have done it too, innumerable times, what I am against is boosting for everything. Why can't PSNP or any forum that allows boosting for trophies limit the trophies available for boosting. This trophy is ultra rare now, with people taking easy way out, will be a common one very soon

Some people don't have time to spend two years on boosting a single trophy. Its better and saves more time to just spend 5-10 hours boosting on said trophy. Anyways as long as they do the requirements to unlock the trophy then its fine. Plus its not like they are on your lobby affecting your MP experience.

Edited by Suicidal Turtle

I am definitely glad and its not that I am against boosting for trophies, I have done it too, innumerable times, what I am against is boosting for everything. Why can't PSNP or any forum that allows boosting for trophies limit the trophies available for boosting. This trophy is ultra rare now, with people taking easy way out, will be a common one very soon

It might upgrade to be very rare at most. It'll never be common. GTA5 has so many non-trophy hunters playing it.

Why can't PSNP or any forum that allows boosting for trophies limit the trophies available for boosting. 

Because it's a boosting function. It's designed for boosting. Literally all it is, is boosting.

You go there because you want to get something done in the easiest way. 

Numero Uno is the one for doing everything, right?

There's a trophy for holding up all the stores I remember. That also is one of the requirements of Numero Uno right?

So if I'm to understand, you're asking "Why is this site letting people boost Numero Uno, when they should only let you boost one of the many required tasks in one hit?"

I'm genuinely not trying to be a dick here, but if that's what you're asking, that's a stupid question.

• Like 2

How come should we limit and dictate how someone should work to obtain a specific trophy.... in an achievement/trophy related website? Players come here to seek information, your trophy is as valid as the next guy who spent countless hours grinding it but with different method.

Grinding the "easy route" is already a pain the ass, as long they are legit there is absolutely no problem doing it. But if you're only worried with their drop in rarity... then hunt more of them I guess.  :dunno:

It might upgrade to be very rare at most. It'll never be common. GTA5 has so many non-trophy hunters playing it.

I agree, I exaggerated just to express my concern, I use to be a non-trophy hunter playing this game until some time back, and that is also the reason why it took me this long to obtain this one. Well, I am glad I got it.

Some people don't have time to spend two years on boosting a single trophy. Its better and saves more time to just spend 5-10 hours boosting on said trophy. Anyways as long as they do the requirements to unlock the trophy then its fine. Plus its not like they are on your lobby affecting your MP experience.

Yeah, right, people who play the game and not hunt for trophies will always take their time in getting in trophies and would mostly, chance upon them rather than actively seek them.

• Like 1

Because it's a boosting function. It's designed for boosting. Literally all it is, is boosting.

You go there because you want to get something done in the easiest way. 

Numero Uno is the one for doing everything, right?

There's a trophy for holding up all the stores I remember. That also is one of the requirements of Numero Uno right?

So if I'm to understand, you're asking "Why is this site letting people boost Numero Uno, when they should only let you boost one of the many required tasks in one hit?"

I'm genuinely not trying to be a dick here, but if that's what you're asking, that's a stupid question.

No, Sir. Numero Uno is winning all competitive game types that GTAO has to offer, nothing to do with all activities which are tied to other trophies. And again, while its stupid for you, good for some who understand the question.

I have to agree with most everyone else. Boosting is perfectly fine for obtaining trophies so long as you're still actually meeting the requirements. For me, I don't feel like my GTAV plats are any less valid then someone else who didn't boost.

SP on PS3: 69 hours

SP on PS4: 55 hours

MP total: 54 hours with boosting

Still a grand total of over 178 hours with boosting, hardly taking the easy way out.

This site only tracks people that have registered or been updated by other people. As a result all rarity percentages are actually higher here than they really are.

Also, you're basically saying that you feel people should play their games the way you want them to. Good luck with that  :facepalm:

Oh well, this site also tracks people who have cheated with their trophy numbers, so what you are saying, the ground reality is completely opposite of that. Trophies which are rare according PSNP are Ultra rare if you check the same trophy on Sony's PSN App.

And while I would not want people to play exactly like the way I play, because all this while, people who have been posting negatively about my concern are overlooking the fact that I made it clear i have boosted trophies as well and I am not entirely against it, I would prefer mods and admins limiting the trophies available on every boosting forums. They can always seek opinion from gamers as to which trophies needs serious boosting which are the one that can be obtained legit.

During the last game, it was an impossibility to obtain AWP through normal play. People rage quit right before reaching the finish line.

The solution is simple, get your wins by whatever means necessary. There's no point in making life hard on yourself and I for one feel just as proud for getting my GTA4 platinum as the next guy. However you feel about my methods is entirely up to you

• Like 2

Having a limit on what trophies can be boosting, is not going to happen.

Some people don't even like MP trophies on a mostly single player experience like Tomb Raider. They are forced to play it just to complete the game. All the MP trophies in Tomb Raider are really simple and can be done legit, but why would they put 20-30 hours on a mode they hate. When they could get it done in about 5-7 hours.

• Like 2

During the last game, it was an impossibility to obtain AWP through normal play. People rage quit right before reaching the finish line.

The solution is simple, get your wins by whatever means necessary. There's no point in making life hard on yourself and I for one feel just as proud for getting my GTA4 platinum as the next guy. However you feel about my methods is entirely up to you

I'll be honest, I haven't played that game, so I have no clue how tough it was but if I gauge correctly from what you have written, it sounds like a seriously tough challenge and I am totally always for and never against such trophies being boosted.

Having a limit on what trophies can be boosting, is not going to happen.

Some people don't even like MP trophies on a mostly single player experience like Tomb Raider. They are forced to play it just to complete the game. All the MP trophies in Tomb Raider are really simple and can be done legit, but why would they put 20-30 hours on a mode they hate. When they could get it done in about 5-7 hours.

Now that's a point well made. Makes sense (Y)

I will say though, if it weren't for dead servers and boosting sessions some difficult trophies that require true skill and great knowledge of the game would never have been achievable by normal play.

A good example of this would be grand Valor cross in kill zone 2. Finish g top 1% by the end of the week would have been a tremendous task for me during its first year of release.

Destiny's flawless raider was a lot harder right after its release. Some trophies truly are great accomplishments that only the most devoted and skilled players are able to get. Boosting, in a way, defeats that purpose and does not hold the same value