Is it Fair?

dev2610

After almost playing for 2 years, I finally got my Numero Uno trophy the other day and I was checking out some of the gaming sessions for GTAV on PS3 and almost all of them had boosting for Numero Uno. My question is: why can't we limit the gaming sessions to selected trophies rather than letting people boost for everything that is on offer? I personally feel its not fair for people like us who have been playing the game for ages to get these trophies and see some guy who started a few months back, taking the easy route and getting them done in no time.

I Know what you mean man, I did as well my GTA 5 legit but it's fair to use the gaming session. As long as people don't use hacks it's all cool and course if you do something without boosting you are a better player at that game ;D
  • Like 1

Whose to decide which trophies can and cannot be boosted.  I mean what makes your numero uno trophy any more valuable than any other online trophy out there.  For every trophy out there that can be boosted there is someone who has earned that tophy without boosting.  So we would eventually end up at a point where no trophies can be boosted.

Oh well, this site also tracks people who have cheated with their trophy numbers, so what you are saying, the ground reality is completely opposite of that. Trophies which are rare according PSNP are Ultra rare if you check the same trophy on Sony's PSN App.

And while I would not want people to play exactly like the way I play, because all this while, people who have been posting negatively about my concern are overlooking the fact that I made it clear i have boosted trophies as well and I am not entirely against it, I would prefer mods and admins limiting the trophies available on every boosting forums. They can always seek opinion from gamers as to which trophies needs serious boosting which are the one that can be obtained legit.

Dood everything is ultra rare according to Playstation's stats, that's not even a valid point

Let's be serious here for a moment, you really think anyone would go along with limiting what you can boost? I give you credit for finishing Numero Uno legit but while that took you 2 years it took me 2 weeks to 100% GTAO, I did some legit but you can't deny the efficiency of boosting

Take some comfort in these opinions of mine:

Boosters probably do not get the same level of satisfaction from the trophy, as it's made too easy by boosting .

Boosters are probably are no where near as good at a game as most people are. If they need, for example, to win 5 matches in a row, and they can't do that without some boost buddy dying on purpose 5 times, then they clearly are not as good as someone who can take on random all comers.

Also, slightly off topic of boosting:

People who use guides as soon as they play a game for the first time, are basically just YouTube puppets, who watch what someone with skill or intelligence has already done, and try to copy it to the best of their ability. They then want to appear as one of the first to achieve a trophy, even though they couldn't have done it so quickly until after someone else did it. When on earth does a "leader" come in second place? Lol

I'm no hypocrite. I have used collectible guides to find the last 2 or 3 collectables in truly hateful games like Leisire Suit Larry's Box Office Bust, but that was after investing too many hours looking for something, when I could have been enjoying a different, better game.

:)

• Like 1

how was numero uno hard it only took me afew hours not even boosting just choosing the shorter races and playing agenst only 1 opponent in each i dont even think i played agenst the same person twice lol 

I have played this game long enough to understand how remote are the chances of that happening... :lol:

Dood everything is ultra rare according to Playstation's stats, that's not even a valid point

Let's be serious here for a moment, you really think anyone would go along with limiting what you can boost? I give you credit for finishing Numero Uno legit but while that took you 2 years it took me 2 weeks to 100% GTAO, I did some legit but you can't deny the efficiency of boosting

I think you skipped part where my post was a reply to someone saying that rarity percentages are understated on PSNP. If you are looking for legit owner's percentage, where would you check? PSN Database, right? As far as GTAO is concerned, lucky, you got it in 2 weeks and it took me that long, I didn't think of trophy hunting until Sep-Oct of last year, before that I was indulged in GTA-Fanboyism. Mostly playing DM, TDM's, CVC etcetra. So there is difference in your approach and in mine, you played to 100% it, I played to play and enjoy what I liked doing. there is a difference, you see.

Take some comfort in these opinions of mine:

Boosters probably do not get the same level of satisfaction from the trophy, as it's made too easy by boosting .

Boosters are probably are no where near as good at a game as most people are. If they need, for example, to win 5 matches in a row, and they can't do that without some boost buddy dying on purpose 5 times, then they clearly are not as good as someone who can take on random all comers.

Also, slightly off topic of boosting:

People who use guides as soon as they play a game for the first time, are basically just YouTube puppets, who watch what someone with skill or intelligence has already done, and try to copy it to the best of their ability. They then want to appear as one of the first to achieve a trophy, even though they couldn't have done it so quickly until after someone else did it. When on earth does a "leader" come in second place? Lol

I'm no hypocrite. I have used collectible guides to find the last 2 or 3 collectables in truly hateful games like Leisire Suit Larry's Box Office Bust, but that was after investing too many hours looking for something, when I could have been enjoying a different, better game.

:)

I am not completely against it, tbh. You would need to boost for occasional real screwy trophies but we have made it a habit, like lot of the post above made it clear, to boost for trophies the moment the game is released.

Whose to decide which trophies can and cannot be boosted.  I mean what makes your numero uno trophy any more valuable than any other online trophy out there.  For every trophy out there that can be boosted there is someone who has earned that tophy without boosting.  So we would eventually end up at a point where no trophies can be boosted.

I feel proud about it for the way I did it, that makes it valuable. Does that answer your question?

I have played this game long enough to understand how remote are the chances of that happening... :lol:

I haven't ticked of the Numero Uno trophy yet, but I cant quite see the difficulty of that trophy. In my grind to lvl 100 I've played almost every gamemode a couple of times already and won almost every one of them as wel. Can't be too difficult I think. Besides the only trophy I will grind and boost is the lvl 100 one, because I don't really like the online of GTA ;)

In my grind to lvl 100 I've played almost every gamemode a couple of times already and won almost every one of them as wel. Can't be too difficult I think. Besides the only trophy I will grind and boost is the lvl 100 one, because I don't really like the online of GTA ;)

Just like you found Numero Uno (although, you haven't got it, yet based on what you've written) to be easy, I found Level 100 trophy to be the easiest among all of them. I was done with that in no time. You play for so long, you lose of track of what you have done and what still needs to be done. Did you ever wonder why almost everyone has rank 100 trophy but very few with Numero Uno?

Just like you found Numero Uno (although, you haven't got it, yet based on what you've written) to be easy, I found Level 100 trophy to be the easiest among all of them. I was done with that in no time. You play for so long, you lose of track of what you have done and what still needs to be done. Did you ever wonder why almost everyone has rank 100 trophy but very few with Numero Uno?

The fact level 100 takes too long for me, is because I don't like playing GTA Online. I like the stuff you can do, but I don't like to be killed everytime I just want to drive to the LS Customs or somewhere else. So that's why right nog I'm trying to get to lvl 100 as fast as I can. After that I'll work on the remaining trophies and hopefully enjoy getting most of them (surely I will on the heists). But everyone has his own opinion on the difficulty of trophies of course and I won't say you're not right about it.

Edit: About your question why more people got the 100 rank trophy? I think it is because some gamemodes just won't be played that much. A lot of people only like to play deathmatches or LTS. They rank up to 100+ and they don't even care about playing capture mode even once! They won't be able to get the Numero Uno trophy this way. For example, my little brother. Around rank 160, asked him something about a Rally Race, couldn't answer, because he never played one!

On topic about the unfairness of the trophy boosting. I think it is everyone's own right to decide what trophy's to boost or not to boost. Whatever you feel comforable with, I guess! So be nice to each other and have fun with the games you play, in whatever way you play them!  :lol:

Edited by StuiterStijn

I got Numero Uno without boosting when GTAO had just recently been released. Even back then, finding someone who'd actually stay in a losing match of tennis until the end was an ordeal. I don't blame people boosting that.

But it still wouldn't be particularly difficult to find someone easy to win against in other modes. Based on what I hear in the voice chat, I'd say most of the people playing seem to be young children anyway.

Still a grand total of over 178 hours with boosting, hardly taking the easy way out.

Also takes the fun out of it 

During the last game, it was an impossibility to obtain AWP through normal play. People rage quit right before reaching the finish line.

Does that mean i have achieved the impossible :D

I will say though, if it weren't for dead servers and boosting sessions some difficult trophies that require true skill and great knowledge of the game would never have been achievable by normal play.

A good example of this would be grand Valor cross in kill zone 2. Finish g top 1% by the end of the week would have been a tremendous task for me during its first year of release.

Actually it should have been easier. The more people that play the more people that will be in the top 1% for that week. When i did it i had to be in the top 1000 (legit by the way). Nowadays sometimes it is as low as top 100.

Back to the point at hand. While some people can be lazy and boost without trying, some of the tasks for numero uno were hard because no-one played so its fair for them to boost. I myself tend to get most online trophies in general legit but its impossible if the servers are abandoned.

On a side note people that use share play to get trophies is way unfair.     

Numero uno isn't even that hard and doesn't even take a long time, even without boosting. Now I agree with you that trophies must be earned by just simply well, playing. Still some games' online trophies take a huge amount of time even with boosting. Now if we compare GTA V's online trophies to GTA IV's, they're laughably easy. It's near impossible to get Awf Wiedersehen Petrovic trophy without boosting. And if you want to get the Wanted trophy, you are looking at at least 50 hours of online playing just to simply get this one trophy. If done legit without using of glitches, of course.

• Like 2

After almost playing for 2 years, I finally got my Numero Uno trophy the other day and I was checking out some of the gaming sessions for GTAV on PS3 and almost all of them had boosting for Numero Uno. My question is: why can't we limit the gaming sessions to selected trophies rather than letting people boost for everything that is on offer? I personally feel its not fair for people like us who have been playing the game for ages to get these trophies and see some guy who started a few months back, taking the easy route and getting them done in no time.

I pointed out few times now when we talked about cheating on this site that boosting and multiple people playing on same account technically is cheating, but we as community draw the line there and find it acceptable. 

I don't get how to limit trophies in gaming session. Anything that you can play with somebody else you can boost even if it's not competive. In Borderlands 2 you can join your friend in Ultimate Vault Hunter mode and let him/her level up your character for you. In Sniper Elite 3 you can play with somebody who knows game inside out and let them do shooting on Authentic difficulty. In Payday 2 you can sit in corner when somebody else is doing stealth and so on. By that standard we can remove trophies from gaming sessions all together.

This is a trophy site, naturally a lot of people play for trophies. This actually means some people get a large amount of satisfaction popping the trophies, therefore boosting sessions can be very gratifying for them. Like what's been posted above, there's nothing wrong about it, people do as they wish. This is a trophy site so you should kind of realise that some people love boosting / getting many trophies as fast as they can. Yes, it's fair. People can decide how they have their fun  :) .

Well if you have a problem with ppl boosting mp that means you nearly have a problem with nearly every trophy hunter whether if its single player or multiplayer, I mean technically alot of hunter use guides to obtain plat and that is technically boosting since some one else is indirectly helping the hunter get the trophies and I say every trophy hunter with I say 10 plats or more have use a guide to help them get a plat, so if its online boosting with ppl directly helping you or using a guide made by a person who is indirectly helping you then i think its boosting. Everyone has there methods for trophy hunting dont discriminate against another if they got a trophy a different way from you even if you think is was made easier by online boosting so as long as there arent hacking they are still fulfilling the trophy requirements and its there trophy cabinet not yours and this is a site that is mainly about trophy hunting/boosting so if you have a problem with that i think you are in the wrong place.

Yeah, I have to agree with what most people are saying... If you're worried about how anyone else does their trophies and/or worried about what's "fair," you might as well just give up now, because you'll never enjoy trophy hunting.

Do things the way you want to, for your own reasons, and don't worry about anything else. There is already way too much stupid stuff going on around here (changing DLC rarity calculations, for example) because of people worrying about other people's trophy rarities and such.

I think you skipped part where my post was a reply to someone saying that rarity percentages are understated on PSNP. If you are looking for legit owner's percentage, where would you check? PSN Database, right? As far as GTAO is concerned, lucky, you got it in 2 weeks and it took me that long, I didn't think of trophy hunting until Sep-Oct of last year, before that I was indulged in GTA-Fanboyism. Mostly playing DM, TDM's, CVC etcetra. So there is difference in your approach and in mine, you played to 100% it, I played to play and enjoy what I liked doing. there is a difference, you see.

I'm sorry, I think I did skip that

I'm not sure if you're saying that I played it just for trophies and didn't enjoy it, but if you are know that I actually took a week off from work to play GTA V when it came out, I enjoyed it plenty, both on ps3 and ps4 but the online isn't really my thing, and I wasn't going for 100% alone, I was going for 1st person in my country to 100% it... I was 2nd, missed by an hour lol

I tried to get the AWP trophy in GTA IV without boosting and it took me so long because of quitters and disconnections, when I finally completed everything it turned out it was glitched. I have to get a boosting partner to try doing the same thing over and over for a month just to get that single trophy. I think it's just fair.

A better solution would be for developers to end MP trophies all together. A trophy shouldnt depend on the availability of a server, the availability of a required amount of people to be online for a certain or a good enough online connection.

this i completly and whole heartedly agree with if you wnt a game to have online gret but dont tack trophies onto it

A better solution would be for developers to end MP trophies all together. A trophy shouldnt depend on the availability of a server, the availability of a required amount of people to be online for a certain or a good enough online connection.

A trophy can depend on anything the developer want and it's the reason why trophies are cool, even online trophies.