Phantom Pain in Kojima's last MGS Entry

Back when Guns of the Patriots was released, Kojima stated it would be the end of Metal Gear Solid. Now that MGS V has released and Kojima has again stated that it's the last MGS, do you think he'll be true to his word this time? Or will Konami continue to create MGS titles, without Kojima? Personally, I don't want this series to have many more games and become like Call of Duty, with a new one being released every year. A series has to know when to stop, and I say TPP is a great place to do so.

Back when Guns of the Patriots was released, Kojima stated it would be the end of Metal Gear Solid. Now that MGS V has released and Kojima has again stated that it's the last MGS, do you think he'll be true to his word this time? Or will Konami continue to create MGS titles, without Kojima? Personally, I don't want this series to have many more games and become like Call of Duty, with a new one being released every year. A series has to know when to stop, and I say TPP is a great place to do so.

If it earns Konami some profit, they'll milk it for sure.

It's quite likely that there'll be more MGS games in some form or another, but this is the last one made by Kojima, so any games from now on won't be the "real" MGS to me since the mastermind behind the series is no longer involved.

Well considering Pachinko machines are a 300,000,000,000 dollar industry in Japan. 

You can see why Konami is going Pachinko. 

Yes I think Konami will make an MGS Pachinko machine. 

Konami have already said they'll be making more MGS games.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Metal-Gear-Series-Continue-Kojima-Leaves-Konami-70801.html

Edited by AlphaTrash

Because video game companies are businesses seeking to make a profit just like any other business in the observable universe can be expected to do. Fuck them, right?

I cant denie It remenber back them there didnt even care about profit their so many new game now their only care their franchise without create a new game that might have potencial for new freanchise that why Independent company have more original game that the main companies well not that complety true of course, but you see my point.

Konami are exiting the videogame business.

I imagine the Metal Gear licence will continue to appear in pachinko machines and iOS and android type games, but i doubt very much if another 'big' game will be made. At least, made by Konami.

Perhaps they will licence out the name for other companies to use, ut their business is less and less focussed on games by the day

I cant denie It remenber back them there didnt even care about profit their so many new game now their only care their franchise without create a new game that might have potencial for new freanchise that why Independent company have more original game that the main companies well not that complety true of course, but you see my point.

No, you don't remember "back then" because companies have always cared about profit. No matter how much a company loves their games and cares about gamers, they care about making a profit simply because if they don't, they won;t exist anymore. And if they don't exist they can't make any more games. 

Parker

No, you don't remember "back then" because companies have always cared about profit. No matter how much a company loves their games and cares about gamers, they care about making a profit simply because if they don't, they won;t exist anymore. And if they don't exist they can't make any more games. 

Parker

Well I guess your right Parker I was an bit ignorante I shouldn let my nostalgia take me to the wrong side thx Dude.

• Like 1

Well I guess your right Parker I was an bit ignorante I shouldn let my nostalgia take me to the wrong side thx Dude.

Don't worry about it, I've certainly let my nostalgia blind me before. We all look fondly into the past, very rarely do we remember the bad parts as well. There were plenty of shitty shovelware titles on every system from the Atari 2600 on. Hell, the entire industry crashed in the 80's because of bad games.  :lol:

Parker

I don't mind if there are future Metal Gear games as long as they are of decent quality and add something to the series, it's a huge shame Kojima will probably not be involved but I think if the source is respected there could still be some great future titles 

For an example Sly 4 thieves in time is a great continuation of the series despite not being handled by the original studio Sucker Punch. Also I immensely enjoyed Telltale Games Monkey Island series even though there was no involvement from the original geniuses - it can be done, it's just it so often isn't done right