[SPOILERS] Quiet and Missable trophies ?

First of all beware of the spoilers . Hi everyone. I heard that at a certain moment in the game Quiet leaves you and never comes back, but there is a way to get her to stay by unlocking the codename emblem : Butterfly , to unlock it Quiet basically need to kill a lot of people during a mission ( possibly everyone )

Once you chose the butterfly emblem and equip it as your motherbase emblem she stays. I kind of like using quiet and don't want her to leave so I was thinking of doing this but apparently doing this mean that the side-ops where she leaves will never be " triggered " so I'm wondering if by doing this the " Complete All Side-Ops Trophy " becomes missable ?

If somebody knows any info and can post it here I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks and have a good time playing The Phantom Pain

EDIT : It appears I might be right :(

This is from a website that listed all side ops missions. 

Mission 150 -

Secure Quiet

In order to unlock this mission you need to fulfill the following conditions:

Huey must be exiled from Motherbase. It’s a cutscene and will kick in when you are closer to finishing the main story missions.

The bond with Quiet should be full.
You have not used the Butterfly emblem design.
Quiet is alive at the end of Mission 11.
Quiet is available as a buddy.

Link : http://gamingbolt.com/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-side-ops-guide-all-157-missions-side-op-150-and-more

Edited by KRIEGLERR

I really miss Quiet. I'm tempted to delete my data just to get her back. I really like her character, and she's an awesome buddy. Besides, I developed her XOF suit, Sniper Wolf costume and I had her best Sniper Rifle..... I only got to use them for a few missions

Konami should deploy a patch that let's her stay on your team, even if that means replaying the mission were you face off against her. I just looked a video online and one of her alt costumes is that of Sniper Wolf.

You can develop it after completing Mission 40 "[Extreme] Cloaked in Silence". It's a pretty cool alternate.

I can understand that you don't want to loose her, but you don't need her for the very last mission, so you should definitely make sure to have her story complete as well, because she is actually one of the best parts of the game, and her last mission, although probably one of the most frustrating ones (hint: take a badass rocket launcher with you) gameplay wise, is one of the most beautiful story wise.

After which mission can you deploy Quiet?

If you've met all requirements she becomes available after your first mission in Africa. So after 13.

Is this at all linked to the exsiting save corruption bug? Cause Kojima says to use the Emblem (and her tranq rifle) to get her to not corrupt saves during those 2 missions.

• Like 1

Annoying that they take her away especially if you went to the effort of getting all her upgrades and costumes. Even in Peace Walker Paz remained in your Mother Base team once the story ended and she didn't even have a gameplay purpose beyond boosting up your teams rank. You straight up lose a quarter of your buddy options here and end up wasting a lot of time and GMP.

its really not missable, i had all the missions done except 45 and 46, all S rank and my bond with quiet was low, so i went out to try and get the bond up and the MOMENT i hit 100 bond the side op popped and so did mission 45, so if your still early mission <30 lets say and your bond is 100 you will be good for some time before he leaves

Making you lose Quiet was a brilliant move. Kojima facilitates the pain of losing something/someone through effecting your minute to minute gameplay experience.

As a story yes, but for the gameplay not really. I understand for the purposes of the emotional attachment but she is also a useful feature that is removed from the game permanently. She should be available up until her exit out of the story but replaying missions that happened during her time in the story and not having access to her doesn't make much sense.

What about the trophy for completing all tasks?

On Mission 12, there's a task there to get a blueprint but I already got it but it was on free mode.

Would that blueprint still spawn when I replay Mission 12 even though I already have that blueprint?

I already have 26 blueprints, the one I'm missing is a reward from a Dispatch Mission.

• 2 weeks later...

As a story yes, but for the gameplay not really. I understand for the purposes of the emotional attachment but she is also a useful feature that is removed from the game permanently. She should be available up until her exit out of the story but replaying missions that happened during her time in the story and not having access to her doesn't make much sense.

And that's the genius. Our pain in losing her is linked in both story and gameplay. Kojima has always found a way to try to bridge the gap, to break the fourth wall in this way. I could get more into it and the symbolism of butterflies and the relation to Paz, but for now, I shall leave it be.

And that's the genius. Our pain in losing her is linked in both story and gameplay. Kojima has always found a way to try to bridge the gap, to break the fourth wall in this way. I could get more into it and the symbolism of butterflies and the relation to Paz, but for now, I shall leave it be.

Im sorry but that's not really an explanation. Logically if i go back to a period in time before an event happened i should have all the tools available to me, at that time and she is one of them. The entire ,mission replay  feature throws a wrench in that plan. Why not go all the way and remove mission  11 and 45 from the replay if she's really gone for good? Instead  in playing the replay you are allowed to see the beginning and end of a character but none of the middle. I guess i shouldn't be surprised, this is the same game featuring a floating semi-invisible kid who leeches off of the anger of others. 

• 1 month later...

I have good news. After today patch you can re - aquire Quiet as a Buddy.

All you need to do is replay mission 11, "Cloaked in Silence," seven times. The name of that mission will change to "[Reunion] Cloaked in Silence," and after completing it, Quiet will return to Mother Base with all of her researched weapons and items intact.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/10/9704594/metal-gear-solid-5-get-quiet-back-mgsv-cloaked-in-silence

• Like 1

I have good news. After today patch you can re - aquire Quiet as a Buddy.

All you need to do is replay mission 11, "Cloaked in Silence," seven times. The name of that mission will change to "[Reunion] Cloaked in Silence," and after completing it, Quiet will return to Mother Base with all of her researched weapons and items intact.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/10/9704594/metal-gear-solid-5-get-quiet-back-mgsv-cloaked-in-silence

I got to check this out later, thanks for the heads up!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...