Rockstar no longer support Last Gen?

Manuelito

Now this isn't 100% confirmed but they kinda say it:

"The primary technical reason is the memory capacity for the older systems," says Sarwar. "We are constantly adding new items to the game with each update and we began approaching the memory limits after the first year of GTA Online content. We found ourselves almost at capacity after the launch of Heists but with some creative programming we managed to squeeze additional updates into those older systems which allowed us to make it as far as the two Ill Gotten Gains updates, but we can’t make any more meaningful updates without putting the stability of the entire online game at risk."

I think this is the right move if they want to evolve the game and as they said Last generation is not capable to manage anymore inputs Edited by pese-97

PS3 version was walking on eggshells as it is even before the heist update. GTA V was also responsible for burning out 2 blu ray drives on my PS3, one drive could be questionable since it was the original. But the replacement which was brand new burned out just shy of 4 months. Runs so much smoother on the PS4, and I'm sure VI will look incredible 3-5 years from now.

@Stevieboy

I would wait till you get a PS4, the PS3 version is riddled with script kiddies, and all sorts of other glitch nonsense. Trust me I've played a ton of GTAO, the PS4 version is much better in every aspect.

Edited by CaptSteve81

PS3 version was walking on eggshells as it is even before the heist update. GTA V was also responsible for burning out 2 blu ray drives on my PS3, one drive could be questionable since it was the original. But the replacement which was brand new burned out just shy of 4 months. Runs so much smoother on the PS4, and I'm sure VI will look incredible 3-5 years from now.

@Stevieboy

I would wait till you get a PS4, the PS3 version is riddled with script kiddies, and all sorts of other glitch nonsense. Trust me I've played a ton of GTAO, the PS4 version is much better in every aspect.

Sweet. So, with all your EE knowledge, can you explain to us dum-dums how a game burns out a BDD? Silly me, i would just assume the replacement drive was defective. Since I'm so ignorant, I'd like to be set straight.

Thanks!

Eh, not really a big deal. As others have stated, last gen version is pretty much ruined by "elite hackers". This just gives me another reason to update to the PS4 version, when I get one. I just hope they continue updating the current gen versions with more content. Even it's small stuff, like new clothes and hair and whatever.

@Lance_87

Yea combination of probably both. Luckily I can take apart and rebuild PS3's both fat and slim, so it was only a $60 fix, compared to $100 plus in most repair shops. I have an original CHECHA01 still going strong. Besides the drive replacement, I put a new power supply, HDD, and fan, still runs and looks new.

@prarpin

Your sarcasim is vaguely amusing, but if you must know GTAO was the only game I was playing at the time on the replacement drive. First drive and second drive was the same problem, game started to freeze, then before it went it would go into an infinite disc skip, oil was leaking out of the motor that controls the laser deck. Hence it was completely kaput. If you look in lots of other forums I'm not the only one that this has happened to. Good day sir.

@PREDRAG-K

Those kids are not worthy of that title, they are nothing more than little miscreant script kiddies, who use tools they did not create. The game is a total disaster online on the PS3, I would not recommend it to anyone.

Edited by CaptSteve81

Yall right, I just noticed. I'm an idiot for not having realized that.

Nah this happens sometimes anyway Rockstar has probably already stopped developing games on last games. They always do bigger titles and I don't see anything as big as GTA coming to ps3 / xbox360

Eh, not really a big deal. As others have stated, last gen version is pretty much ruined by "elite hackers". This just gives me another reason to update to the PS4 version, when I get one. I just hope they continue updating the current gen versions with more content. Even it's small stuff, like new clothes and hair and whatever.

They said that as long as people still play the game they'll keep making new content:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/10/how-gta-online-has-changed-rockstar-north

Edited by pese-97

My comment refers more to "Rockstar to end last gen support" is misleading because it makes it sound like every single last gen game is being abandoned by the entire company, when it's actually just a small portion of one game that 'might' be stopped.

I believe the the content creator was fully aware of this and did it purposely for the sake of controversy and attracting attention to his growing 'news' blog/site. Furthering this assumption is how he overemphasizes the words controversial and controversy in his video.

Shocking, eye-catching, ambiguous content title, plus controversial gossip = starving for click bait money and selling your soul for nickels and dimes.

Edited by effdeegee

Rockstar is an excellent developer (Naughty Dog, aside). Expect them to do something and turn things around. If they don't, I hope they know it very well that GTAO is going to become monotonous and lot of people on last gen would eventually quit playing it

My comment refers more to "Rockstar to end last gen support" is misleading because it makes it sound like every single last gen game is being abandoned by the entire company, when it's actually just a small portion of one game that 'might' be stopped.

I posted in the GTA5 section for a reason and also if you have played GTAO on the ps3 in the last few months you know how messy it is and they can't add new thing otherwise it's going to become even more messy.

Rockstar is an excellent developer (Naughty Dog, aside). Expect them to do something and turn things around. If they don't, I hope they know it very well that GTAO is going to become monotonous and lot of people on last gen would eventually quit playing it

GTA Online is the main reason why I got a PS4. I think people should upgrade to.

GTA Online is the main reason why I got a PS4. I think people should upgrade to.

But not everyone thinks that way or has the money to buy another console. You can do it, I can do it, not everyone. In that case, developers will have to respect the gamers who paid to make them and their games popular. Forget not, Rockstar recovered the amount spent on developing the game and then some more on it from just pre-orders in 2013, and who all did that? The gamers from last Gen (PS3 and XBox 360). You got to respect them too, we collectively (all platforms) made them what they are.

Edited by dev2610
  • Like 1

But not everyone thinks that way or has the money to buy another console. You can do it, I can do it, not everyone. In that case, developers will have to respect the gamers who paid to make them and their games popular. Forget not, Rockstar recovered the amount spent on developing the game and then some more on it from just pre-orders in 2013, and who all did that? The gamers from last Gen (PS3 and XBox 360). You got to respect them too, we collectively (all platforms) made them what they are.

I own GTA from the beginning and I know what ps3 users did because I was one of them but people that keep playing GTA last Gen shouldn't complain if Rockstar decide to update only next Gen from now. They already did a miracle supporting ps3 for almost two year
  • Like 1