Rockstar no longer support Last Gen?

Manuelito

I own GTA from the beginning and I know what ps3 users did because I was one of them but people that keep playing GTA last Gen shouldn't complain if Rockstar decide to update only next Gen from now. They already did a miracle supporting ps3 for almost two year

Look, bro, I respect your opinion, you have valid point, undoubtedly, however, wasn't Rockstar clear about not working on GTA 6 or any GTA spin-offs and wanted to keep making GTA5 and its online feature a better one? I think they did have a plan to sustain themselves for another 5-6 years down the line. I don't know what made them change their plans now, otherwise, how in the world a developer like Rockstar would sustain itself economically. I play this game on both these platforms but I feel not being a tech marvel that we all know Rockstar (in other words, not being its usual self) Rockstar is hurting its own fanbase.

Rockstar said that as long as people play the game they'll keep updating it. Their plan is of course to keep the community alive but they said that last Gen can't get any big update which mean no more dlc whit cars and stuff. Probably only patches and story DLCs if they are planning on doing them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/10/how-gta-online-has-changed-rockstar-north

This is stupid, we all know that they're going to release Agent on PS3 soon. There's no way they'd just put that on next gen consoles, or cancel it entirely after all this time has been spent on it? You sir are a mad man. #AgentIsComing #RockstarLoveLastGen #AgentIsTotallyActuallyComingOut

I plan to platinum the game on the PS3, then simply sell it on and buy the PS4 version. So no worries for me ... just depends how long it will take me to platinum this :D Does the 100 rank transfer to the PS4 when you transfer your character?

If you get the plat on ps3 version and then transfer to ps4 u'll get all online trophies and even all heist trophies if you got them

This is stupid, we all know that they're going to release Agent on PS3 soon. There's no way they'd just put that on next gen consoles, or cancel it entirely after all this time has been spent on it? You sir are a mad man. #AgentIsComing #RockstarLoveLastGen #AgentIsTotallyActuallyComingOut

At this point Agent will be coming to PS4 if it's coming at all.

Well to be fair the ps4 has been out for almost 2 years.

It's about time honestly.

You ps3 guys really need to make the step up.

it's a bit annoying watching ps3 guys moan about missing games and things like this lol.

If you saved $5 a week since the ps4 release; you'd literally have a ps4 by now.

There's no excuse; it's been 2 years.

Well to be fair the ps4 has been out for almost 2 years.

It's about time honestly.

You ps3 guys really need to make the step up.

it's a bit annoying watching ps3 guys moan about missing games and things like this lol.

If you saved $5 a week since the ps4 release; you'd literally have a ps4 by now.

There's no excuse; it's been 2 years.

Totally agree with you. It took me until May 2015 to buy a ps4 because as a student I was lacking on money but saving a bit each week I got it!

Totally agree with you. It took me until May 2015 to buy a ps4 because as a student I was lacking on money but saving a bit each week I got it!

Yeah same, I'm not a student but I'm not rolling in it either.

It really isn't hard to save $5 a week.

Even if you couldn't be bothered to wait there's plenty of retailers that offer a ps4 on credit and you can pay it of weekly/monthly.

Like $10 a week for a year and it's yours.

The whole "I'm poor" thing doesn't really cut it anymore, at least in the west.

In Brazil for example the prices are insane; but still, how long do people expect old gen support for?

2 years is more than long enough.

Yeah same, I'm not a student but I'm not rolling in it either.

Even if you couldn't be bothered to wait there's plenty of retailers that offer a ps4 on credit and you can pay it of weekly/monthly.

In Brazil for example the prices are insane; but still, how long do people expect old gen support for?

Also it's important to

Yeah i Got 400€ on April but then i waited For a good sale to the most out of my money and on May I bought a bundle whit two 3months plus subscription and a second controller for 400€ still.

With all respect to your point, bro, that's not how it works everywhere. For example,  1. Save just $5 a week, and dream of a PS4. You are lucky to live in a country where you can save that amount and still have a PS4 after a while and 2. In many countries, retailers don't give you the flexibility of paying $10 a week and let you take and keep the console, you pay upfront and in a country like ours, that's tough. Its best not to compare, you just wouldn't know how it works elsewhere or how difficult it is for people elsewhere.

With all respect to your point, bro, that's not how it works everywhere. For example,  1. Save just $5 a week, and dream of a PS4. You are lucky to live in a country where you can save that amount and still have a PS4 after a while and 2. In many countries, retailers don't give you the flexibility of paying $10 a week and let you take and keep the console, you pay upfront and in a country like ours, that's tough. Its best not to compare, you just wouldn't know how it works elsewhere or how difficult it is for people elsewhere.

Tbf to myself to I did say in the west. ;)

I'm under no illusions man.

I understand the PS4 is super expensive in other reigions for example.

I'm not suprised. Ever since the PS4 release they been favoring it.

first person view

new radio stations/ songs

new cars in the updates that last gen didnt get

thats just a few. I'm getting a PS4 but i really believe that id prefer the PS3 over PS4

I played over 700hours on ps3 but as soon as I got a ps4 and I played it 10hours I was like thank god I'm done whit old Gen

I played over 700hours on ps3 but as soon as I got a ps4 and I played it 10hours I was like thank god I'm done whit old Gen

I dont think ill ever be done with the last gen. too many of my favorite games are on it

Metal Gears

Mass Effects

Borderlands

Elder Scrolls

Fallouts

The Batman Arkham games

Red Dead Redemption

God Of Wars

just like i can still say that SNES is my all time favorite system. its older than old but i can honestly say im not done with it

Edited by Stargazer2600

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm pretty sad about the state of the ps3 version of gta online. So its my own fault for being late to the party, but to have EVERY modified vehicle that could be stolen and sold to not be available anywhere in the open world? If the 1.29 version deleted all spawning specialty cars they should be ashamed. I have both Sandking deluxe models for SP in various garages, but honest money is way to slow coming to buy a tracker and modifiy it to reflect their R* logo colored yellow and R* logo colored blue Trucks.

Maybe they could modify their patch for the ps3 to give a fighting chance to enjoy the game by finding little pleasures like that, because its stupid to no end when you spawn in and there are always 5 dark red players launching rpgs from rooftops and screaming around in Lazers.

Let me play by myself and maybe a friend or two, in peace and get lucky enough to find a stealworth car, it is after all Titled GRAND THEFT AUTO V

I'm a bit late to the party here (heh) so from what I'm gathering... its not a good idea to start GTA V Online on the PS3 right now?

Honestly I only really cared about the single player campaign and thought its time to give online a crack.....