Rockstar no longer support Last Gen?

Manuelito

• 1 month later...

If you get the plat on ps3 version and then transfer to ps4 u'll get all online trophies and even all heist trophies if you got them

Hijacking this PS3 to PS4 sub-thread. I'm in the midst of playing through single player story on PS3 but I'd rather move the save to my newly bought PS4. If I buy he game for the PS4 can I import my current save to it? And most importantly, will my trophies be tracked under the same entry or will I have two GTA5 entries, one from my old PS3 play and one tracking the game after the switch to PS4? Same question goes for The Last of Us. Would love to play both these on the PS4 but have already committed too much trophywise to wanna do a switch that splits the trophies in two entries. 

Edited by jodokast30

Hijacking this PS3 to PS4 sub-thread. I'm in the midst of playing through single player story on PS3 but I'd rather move the save to my newly bought PS4. If I buy he game for the PS4 can I import my current save to it? And most importantly, will my trophies be tracked under the same entry or will I have two GTA5 entries, one from my old PS3 play and one tracking the game after the switch to PS4? Same question goes for The Last of Us. Would love to play both these on the PS4 but have already committed too much trophywise to wanna do a switch that splits the trophies in two entries. 

You just unlock the online trophies if you do a character transfer from PS3 version to PS4, you still have to replay the story to earn all the story related trophies for GTAV. The Last of Us does not afford you even that, for this game, you will not only have to play the story afresh but also play online to earn all the trophies.

Edit: If you mean by splitting the trophy list for these games that they don't share the trophy list on either platform (PS3 and PS4) then the answer is yes, trophy lists for these games work independently on either platforms, that is, they don't share trophy list, another reason why you have to replay everything, the cloud save from PS3 doesn't unlock trophies for these games on PS4

Edited by dev2610

You just unlock the online trophies if you do a character transfer from PS3 version to PS4, you still have to replay the story to earn all the story related trophies for GTAV. The Last of Us does not afford you even that, for this game, you will not only have to play the story afresh but also play online to earn all the trophies.

Thanks, I'm a little bummed out that they can't merge "the entire game" like how Destiny or Helldivers are are registered as PS3/PS4 entries. Shouldn't be impose for GTA5 and TLAUS since both games are identical on both platforms so far. I'have to think it over. Probably grinding them out on PS3 for now then. Thanks again for answering. 

Thanks, I'm a little bummed out that they can't merge "the entire game" like how Destiny or Helldivers are are registered as PS3/PS4 entries..

Just to help you identify some of the games that share trophy list and some don't but are available to play on both these platforms, I am attaching these screenshots of two games I have and have played

18fpe1k.png

vJFUFxM.png

So, the one where all the platforms are clubbed have their trophy list shared, so that doesn't necessarily mean you will get a platinum for playing them or using the cross-save feature for each platform it is available on

On the other hand, GTA V is listed separately for either platform, which mean, their trophy list is not a shared one, meaning, two separate platinum trophies subjected you play them

I have never played Destiny, so not sure if you get two plats for playing them once on PS3 and then on PS4, with or without using the cross-save feature (doesn't seem possible though, but I sure know that Helldivers doesn't give you 3 different plats for playing it on PS3, PS4 and Vita)

If your question pertained to only trophy transition, then the answer is in the above two post (including this one) I have written, however, if it is just about transitioning your online character, it's level, money or anything, then GTA5 allows that, for TLOU, your character has to start from the scratch.

Hope this helps in making it more clear.

Destiny is like Helldivers hence why I bought the discounted digital version of it from the PSN store as soon as I switched. The main reason why I'll stick to my PS3 now is because of GTA5 and TLOU. They both look incredible on the PS3 and I'll try to rank up my % on them real high first. If I see real tempting deals on them/as PS+ titles I'm gonna think differently of course. 

Edited by jodokast30

• 4 weeks later...

Well to be fair the ps4 has been out for almost 2 years.

It's about time honestly.

You ps3 guys really need to make the step up.

it's a bit annoying watching ps3 guys moan about missing games and things like this lol.

If you saved $5 a week since the ps4 release; you'd literally have a ps4 by now.

There's no excuse; it's been 2 years.

everyone doesn't have a job lol or are given pocket money