Is this game any good?

Sigma999

I'm curious abot this one in terms of quality and value. Is an enjoyable experience to play?

Saw this one for low price on a shop and i'm interested on buying it . 

Btw , are the trophies hard to obtain or time-consuming at all?

I'll wait to see some opinions to light up my choice  :D

It was decent. The trophies aren't time consuming at all and is actually one of the better things about the game. They are all connected to the in game challenges that you can complete at any time while playing normally through the game. They do not disrupt the flow of the game at all.

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 2

I'm curious abot this one in terms of quality and value. Is an enjoyable experience to play?

Saw this one for low price on a shop and i'm interested on buying it . 

Btw , are the trophies hard to obtain or time-consuming at all?

I'll wait to see some opinions to light up my choice  :D

How much is costing on the shop ?

This was one of the first games I played on the ps3 and I enjoyed it.  I recently picked it up for really cheap because I want to go finish off the platinum at some point.  From start to finish you can do the game in 20-30 hours, you can start the game on the hardest difficulty if you really want, but it's probably better to do an easier play through to get the collectibles and all the challenges finished, then you don't have to worry about anything other than surviving on the hardest diff.

• 2 weeks later...

I've beaten the game on my old PSN profile and I'm playing through the game on my current profile. The game is fun, but it can be frustrating at times, especially dying and getting set back, quite a bit. I still highly recommend the game though. Very least you should give it a try and see if it's the game for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Its not a bad game at all I quite enjoyed it. Trophy wise there is no chapter select or anything and you have to get all the challenges in one play through so if you miss even one like I did you would need to start the game completely over and do every challenge again.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 27.10.2021 at 9:34 AM, aimeraya said:

This game is one of the ones i didn't want to play 10 years ago but really want to play now. Just purchase 1 copy for 10 dollars. Dark Void, Damnation, Blades of Time, Wet, Prison Break,  Dante's Inferno and Saw 1 are also on my list.

Unfortunately none of the other games on your list comes close to Bionic Commando.

Dark Void and Wet have massiv frame rate issues, especially Dark Void is borderline unplayable.

Damnation has always been one of the worst games on the system – the game was only fairly popular amongst trophy-hunters at the time because of its rather easy platinum. Seriously one of the 5-10 worst games on the system. Blades of Time isn't that bad but still not good or unique enough to play in 2021 tbh. 

Prison Break and Saw 1+2 are decent license games but expect anything breathtaking… both been predominantly played for the easy trophies. The gameplay in both is pretty terrible. You should only play those if you are a big fan of the source material. 

Leaving only Dante's Inferno which is by far the best of the games you mentioned but it also suffers from technical issues hard to withstand more than a decade later. Also if you are interested in achieving 100%: as far as I know it isn't possible anymore. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 2:58 PM, OBSTINATIO said:

Leaving only Dante's Inferno which is by far the best of the games you mentioned but it also suffers from technical issues hard to withstand more than a decade later. Also if you are interested in achieving 100%: as far as I know it isn't possible anymore.

Hello!

I'm not going to comment on the other games, since I haven't played them… but, what are those problems (technical issues hard to withstand) that you talk about in Dante's Inferno? I played it a few years ago and everything was great and smooth.

On 12/5/2021 at 10:58 AM, OBSTINATIO said:

Unfortunately none of the other games on your list comes close to Bionic Commando.

Well it is more of your own opinion than anything else, I had plenty of fun with some of the games he/she mentioned.

31 minutes ago, Desavenencia said:

Hello!

I'm not going to comment on the other games, since I haven't played them… but, what are those problems (technical issues hard to withstand) that you talk about in Dante's Inferno? I played it a few years ago and everything was great and smooth.

I played the game in the past a hundred times and never had any problems, about being cluncky it plays a lot like God of War and other similar games, had a lot if fun with it, despite not being a huge fan of the genre.

5 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

I played the game in the past a hundred times and never had any problems, about being cluncky it plays a lot like God of War and other similar games, had a lot if fun with it, despite not being a huge fan of the genre.

That’s why I was asking. I've never had any kind of mishap playing Dante's Inferno. What do you mean by "cluncky"? I have never felt it "cluncky" either cause it was played in a similar way to the games in the God of War saga.

Hmm… (???) :hmm:

2 hours ago, Desavenencia said:

That’s why I was asking. I've never had any kind of mishap playing Dante's Inferno. What do you mean by "cluncky"? I have never felt it "cluncky" either cause it was played in a similar way to the games in the God of War saga.

Hmm… (???) :hmm:

By clunky I mean compared to today's standards, the character is not as versatile as nowadays but that is also a matter of perspective and experience with the game/genre, for an example everyone complains that classic Resident Evil games are clunky because of the tank controls but I never had any problem with it since I play them since the original and grew up playing RE2 and RE3, so it's second nature, anyways Dante's Inferno play nice and looks fine and I never had any problems as people mentioned.

On 21.12.2021 at 2:45 PM, Desavenencia said:

First of all the problem with Dante's Inferno are really minor compared to the other games and Dantes Inferno running at 60FPS is a huge plus especially from todays point of few. I don't know if this is a common problem but in my case Dantes Inferno crashed respectively froze numerous times. And if I remember correctly I had constantly problems with the connection for the DLC. 

On 21.12.2021 at 3:16 PM, Sunnyburrito said:

Well it is more of your own opinion than anything else, I had plenty of fun with some of the games he/she mentioned.

Well I would argue that the fun or enjoyment someone has with a game/film/book isn't necessarily equatable to the objective quality of the game/film/book. I had plenty of fun with some "bad" games because I liked certain aspects of the game or because I am an enthusiast of the genre – vice versa I do not enjoy every objectively good game.

So it is not really my "opinion" if I mention technical or gameplay issues but more objective criticism. In fact it would only be my opinion if I would link the quality of a game to my personal enjoyment. 
It is a thin line and I don't want to come off as a smartass but to lump together games such as "Damnation", "Bionic Commando" and "Dark Void" as equally good is just pure nonsense. 

13 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

First of all the problem with Dante's Inferno are really minor compared to the other games and Dantes Inferno running at 60FPS is a huge plus especially from todays point of few. I don't know if this is a common problem but in my case Dantes Inferno crashed respectively froze numerous times. And if I remember correctly I had constantly problems with the connection for the DLC.

If that was your experience with Dante’s Inferno, I could get to understand the opinion you have about it…

In any case, I never had any technical problem with the game (and I played it a lot of times; both before and after I have unlocked all the trophies with this account). I also didn’t have connection failures caused by the servers of the game. While it’s true that I played much more to the single player campaign than to online mode, I helped many players with trophies and challenges in multiplayer mode (and I played it only for fun too, obviously). But if I ever suffered a problem with online mode, it was caused by the bad connection of other players; not because of the game.

So your bad experience with the game wasn’t because of the game itself, but for other reasons. We could talk about a bad installation of the game files by your console, a defective disc reader, a lens in poor condition, bad Internet connection… but I don’t think it's relevant now.

13 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

Well I would argue that the fun or enjoyment someone has with a game/film/book isn't necessarily equatable to the objective quality of the game/film/book. I had plenty of fun with some "bad" games because I liked certain aspects of the game or because I am an enthusiast of the genre – vice versa I do not enjoy every objectively good game.

So it is not really my "opinion" if I mention technical or gameplay issues but more objective criticism. In fact it would only be my opinion if I would link the quality of a game to my personal enjoyment. 
It is a thin line and I don't want to come off as a smartass but to lump together games such as "Damnation", "Bionic Commando" and "Dark Void" as equally good is just pure nonsense.

You have your opinion on all those games and that’s something respectable, obviously. But I think that I have found the origin of all this “conflict” here.

The player who said she wanted to play all those games (it was @aimeraya if I’m right), she never said that they all seemed equally good to her. You alone got that appreciation from her comment, even though she never mentioned it.