Platinum Rain Day - Ended

I was going to add a countdown timer, but it's the first day of the new year, so after you're done setting off some firework, making out with your better half, wishing everyone a good year, and making that list of New Year's Resolutions (which you know you won't do anyway), you can pop the plats to your hearts content (legit :P).

I'm trying so hard not to ruin or derail your thread by yelling about my situation. You're not still upset, you're calm, you're doing fine, you don't feel the need to stab a teddy bear. Everything will be fine, Dylan.

Edit: Since you've already got the section placed out for me, I'll throw some games at you, these are just the ones I know I'd be doing because they're easy and I need an excuse to replay them. There's probably gonna be a bunch more, also honorable mention for Trine 2, I'd throw that in but I can't be sure I'll have PS+ again when January 1 rolls around and I'm not gonna be paying for the sub to get trophies on a secondary account.

Definite

Back to the Future

Goat Simulator PS3.

Goat Simulator PS4.

PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale

Riptide GP 2

Sly Cooper 1

Teslagrad

The Order 1886

The Walking Dead PS3

The Walking Dead PS4

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD.

Probably

Resogun PS4

Resogun PS3 (Only gonna happen if I can be bothered doing the PS4 version again)

The Amazing Spider-Man (might end up replaying it and remembering the disappointment)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 (the trophy list isn't out yet, but I know I'll have the plat before Jan 1 and if the game's any good I'd go again)

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

Me too :). I don't know what Worst Plat of the Year will be as I haven't really hated a game that much in a long time and I have been trying to play games that make me happy (which is a weird concept). I raged pretty hard at FFX so that may take it but we will see how this year progresses :P

Counted my plats and it seems I've only got 6 this year O_O. Maybe I shouldn't spend that much time in SO4.

I'm trying so hard not to ruin or derail your thread by yelling about my situation. You're not still upset, you're calm, you're doing fine, you don't feel the need to stab a teddy bear. Everything will be fine, Dylan.

Edit: Since you've already got the section placed out for me, I'll throw some games at you, these are just the ones I know I'd be doing because they're easy and I need an excuse to replay them. There's probably gonna be a bunch more, also honorable mention for Trine 2, I'd throw that in but I can't be sure I'll have PS+ again when January 1 rolls around and I'm not gonna be paying for the sub to get trophies on a secondary account.

Definite

Back to the Future

Goat Simulator PS3.

Goat Simulator PS4.

PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale

Riptide GP 2

Sly Cooper 1

Teslagrad

The Order 1886

The Walking Dead PS3

The Walking Dead PS4

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD.

Probably

Resogun PS4

Resogun PS3 (Only gonna happen if I can be bothered doing the PS4 version again)

The Amazing Spider-Man (might end up replaying it and remembering the disappointment)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 (the trophy list isn't out yet, but I know I'll have the plat before Jan 1 and if the game's any good I'd go again)

Ok, added them.

Sounds like a fun thing to try so count me in.

My games are

1- Uncharted 3

2- PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

3- Teslagrad

4- Unit 13

5- Killzone Shadowfall

That's all I have for now. I will add more when I decide what else to play.

Nice, welcome.

God Eater 2 is now at 40%. I'll leave the trophy for entering a battle with a mastered Blood-Art for last.

Great work :yay:. I'll update it.

Nice seeing you again, Dragon-Archon!

Can I join this event, looks like it's going to be great IMO.

BTW, will games that I have a decent percentage on count?

For example, my Devil May Cry 2 trophy progress is 52%, if I'm able to obtain a platinum for it, will that plat. count?

Thanks in advance.

This is gonna be huge event :D I know it's too early, but when we all earn this loads of plats, do we post 'em here or in MRP? :lol:

And i want to add these games:

- GOW: Ghost of Sparta - 0%

- Spec Ops: The LIne - 0%

- Sherlock Holmes:Crimes and Punishments - 0%

- Alice: Madness Returns - 0%

• Like 1

For example, my Devil May Cry 2 trophy progress is 52%, if I'm able to obtain a platinum for it, will that plat. count?

Thanks in advance.

Alot of people joined whit games at 98% completion. Also even autopop plats count so i guess you're fine

This is gonna be huge event :D I know it's too early, but when we all earn this loads of plats, do we post 'em here or in MRP? :lol:

That's the reason why i joined. i want to se the MRP thread explode :awesome:

• Like 1

I think it's a good idea that when you finish a game (get all the trophies except one + the platinum and get it ready to pop on jan 1st) you can post about it here, so D-A can update his OP. And when it's jan 1st we'll make the MRP thread explode xD

Also it might be a fun idea to add a section, in the OP, where you'll just list every platinum that is ready to be popped. So we can keep a record of how many platinums in total there are. If everyone updates their list whenever they make a game platinum ready, it shouldn't be that much work to make it.

Edited by Zone Hunter
  • Like 2

Thanks in advance.

Nice to see you too :D. Sure, you can join. As for games, you can use any games and it doesn't matter how many trophies you've already unlocked.

And i want to add these games:

- GOW: Ghost of Sparta - 0%

- Spec Ops: The LIne - 0%

- Sherlock Holmes:Crimes and Punishments - 0%

- Alice: Madness Returns - 0%

Not sure if you've read ZoneHunter's post yet, but when a game is ready to be platted, post it here. After it's popped, you can flood the MRP thread.

I think it's a good idea that when you finish a game (get all the trophies except one + the platinum and get it ready to pop on jan 1st) you can post about it here, so D-A can update his OP. And when it's jan 1st we'll make the MRP thread explode xD

Also it might be a fun idea to add a section, in the OP, where you'll just list every platinum that is ready to be popped. So we can keep a record of how many platinums in total there are. If everyone updates their list whenever they make a game platinum ready, it shouldn't be that much work to make it.

Yep, that's how it should be.

That's a great idea :D

Great idea. One I will definetly join. Let's see which games I have and which I should get to get the 10 platinums.

Games I already own(6):

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls - 91% ,will get all trophies and stop at 495/500 bounties.

Disney Infinity 3.0 - 7%, easy game so guess my last trophy will be 75 feats. I have to count in-game though not to get more.

Disney Epic Mickey 2 - 5%, will stop before the end boss in the second playthrough.

Teslagrad - 0%, thinking about playing the game and leave the easiest scroll if that is possible. So I can just go back.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments. - 0%. Free plus game. Heard it is easy enough.

Tearaway Unfolded - 0%. completed the Vita version so this is easy enough. Just need to check which trophy I will leave open.

Games I don't own (Need help with deciding):

Walking Dead Vita

Walking Dead Ps3

Sly cooper: Thieves in Time Ps3. (Is this fully cross-save like Sound shapes? Since I got the Vita version completed.)

Fifa 16 PS4

Wolf Among us Vita

Wolf Among us Ps3

Magus

Goat Simulator PS3

Goat Simulator Ps4

OTher PS+ games?

I know it's alot of work but it would also be cool to have a leaderboard for the most popped plats.

Count me in. I will need to have a think about the games though.

EDIT: Teslagrad

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate

PES 2015

PES 2016

DC Universe Online - PS3

DC Universe Online - PS4

DC Universe Online - PS4 - EU

Driveclub

Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension

Book of Potions

Ether One

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark

Goat Sim - PS3

All I can think of for now.

Edited by munchmagic1986

Here are the ganes that I'm planning to platinum:

1- Until Dawn (30%)

2- Conception II (49%)

3- Sly 2: Band of Thieves (56%)

4- Devil May Cry 2 (52%)

5- Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (51%)

6- The Order 1886 (0%)

7- Xblaze: Code Embryo (50%)

8- Teslagrad (0%)

9- Persona 4 Golden (55%)

10- Steins;Gate (0%)

And that's that. I'll be starting the hunt now, if that's fine.

Edited by NullRay85

Great idea. One I will definetly join. Let's see which games I have and which I should get to get the 10 platinums.

Games I already own(6):

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls - 91% ,will get all trophies and stop at 495/500 bounties.

Disney Infinity 3.0 - 7%, easy game so guess my last trophy will be 75 feats. I have to count in-game though not to get more.

Disney Epic Mickey 2 - 5%, will stop before the end boss in the second playthrough.

Teslagrad - 0%, thinking about playing the game and leave the easiest scroll if that is possible. So I can just go back.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments. - 0%. Free plus game. Heard it is easy enough.

Tearaway Unfolded - 0%. completed the Vita version so this is easy enough. Just need to check which trophy I will leave open.

Games I don't own (Need help with deciding):

Walking Dead Vita

Walking Dead Ps3

Sly cooper: Thieves in Time Ps3. (Is this fully cross-save like Sound shapes? Since I got the Vita version completed.)

Fifa 16 PS4

Wolf Among us Vita

Wolf Among us Ps3

Magus

Goat Simulator PS3

Goat Simulator Ps4

OTher PS+ games?

Hello fellow Dutchie :highfive:.

Yeah Sly Cooper Thieves in Time is supposed to unlock all the trophies if you use the cross-save feature. I really enjoyed The Walking Dead Season 1 + 2 and The Wolf Among Us, so I'd recommend those. Keep in mind though that TWD only has story-related trophies, so you'd have to stop playing the story to keep the plat from unlocking. TWAU has some codex entries, so if you use a guide for the missables and skip 1, you can finish the story (it has a chapter select, so you can get back to it quickly to get the plat).

Count me in. I will need to have a think about the games though.

EDIT: Teslagrad

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate

PES 2015

PES 2016

DC Universe Online - PS3

DC Universe Online - PS4

DC Universe Online - PS4 - EU

Driveclub

Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension

Book of Potions

Ether One

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark

Goat Sim - PS3

All I can think of for now.

Ok, I'll add you.

Here are the ganes that I'm planning to platinum:

1- Until Dawn (30%)

2- Conception II (49%)

3- Sly 2: Band of Thieves (56%)

4- Devil May Cry 2 (52%)

5- Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (51%)

6- The Order 1886 (0%)

7- Xblaze: Code Embryo (50%)

8- Teslagrad (0%)

9- Persona 4 Golden (55%)

10- Sly 1 PS3 (30%, IIRC)

And that's that. I'll be starting the hunt now, if that's fine.

Added the games.

Count me in. I'm at 81 plats. Going to try for my 100th

Nice, that's a great goal, good luck. Do you have anything special planned for plat #100?

I know it's alot of work but it would also be cool to have a leaderboard for the most popped plats.

We could do that, but maybe just at the end of the event. Then we'll just see who popped the most on one day.

I was planning on adding the plat pictures everyone popped at January 1 after the event has ended.

• Like 1

Just a quick update. First game completely ready to go and on to the next game. This just feels really weird. I had to fight the urge to go ahead and pop the platinum. Oh well, guess I'll just have to live vicariously through other people by reading the MRP thread.

1. Darksiders II - 48/50 (98%)

2. Okami HD - 0%

3. 3D Dot Game Heroes - 0%

4. Just Cause 2 - 0%

5. Guacamelee! - 0%

6. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 0%

7. Rogue Legacy - 0%

8. Hotline Miami - 0%

9. The Wolf Among Us - 0%

10. Sleeping Dogs - 0%

I know a few people in here did the "We Play Okami" and did a simultaneous platinum. Anyone have any suggestions for the best or an easy/quick trophy to leave for last? I tried going back and reading the last few pages of that thread but I couldn't find where you all said what trophy you were holding off on. 

• Like 3

Mini update: I've reached 30% on Mirror's Edge. Started Speedruns and Time Trials, and while I'm struggling with times now (2-3 stars is beyond my skills at the moment), I hope that with enough practice I'll manage. I hope...

Don't worry about the time trials. You may be struggling with times now, but the more you play, the easier the times will be to get.

Just a quick update. First game completely ready to go and on to the next game. This just feels really weird. I had to fight the urge to go ahead and pop the platinum. Oh well, guess I'll just have to live vicariously through other people by reading the MRP thread.

2. Okami HD - 0%

4. Just Cause 2 - 0%

5. Guacamelee! - 0%

7. Rogue Legacy - 0%

8. Hotline Miami - 0%

10. Sleeping Dogs - 0%

I know a few people in here did the "We Play Okami" and did a simultaneous platinum. Anyone have any suggestions for the best or an easy/quick trophy to leave for last? I tried going back and reading the last few pages of that thread but I couldn't find where you all said what trophy you were holding off on. 

Awesome, congrats :yay:.

As for Okami: purposely skip the first bead in the game. You can collect it within 5 minutes of starting NG+ to get the trophy (if you got the other 99 beads).

• Like 3

2. Okami HD - 0%

4. Just Cause 2 - 0%

5. Guacamelee! - 0%

7. Rogue Legacy - 0%

8. Hotline Miami - 0%

10. Sleeping Dogs - 0%

For Okami, one of the easiest trophies to stop yourself from getting the platinum with is the dojo skills one and that's what the majority of us went with (one person went with fishing and we timed our plats after he caught his last one). There are other good ones you can easily wait on as well, but this one is already simple enough imo :P

Still not fully sure on my games, but currently thinking of picking 5 games that have something I don't like (non-stacking difficulty trophies, for example) and 5 games that have something I like (a great text-heavy story, for example). Currently already have 5 ideas for the "don't like" section and a couple for the "like" section, so we'll see how this goes. Better start soon though if I plan to finish on January 1st...

• Like 2