SMITE

Asuka Langley

With the release of SMITE on Steam, I've made this topic for SMITE players to convene, post results, assist other players and maybe even join up for premade sessions.

Personally, I've only just started the game and I want to learn to play Loki seeing as I have the Infiltrator skin from the Humble Bundle E3 Pass... it's proving to be harder than I expected though xD

Weren't they porting SMITE to ps4 too i think i saw it on xbox one at one point .

Xbox One

I personally wanted to love SMITE because I love all those mythologies however, I feel like it isn't smooth enough. It feels too quick paced throughout the entire game where other moba's have better pacing in terms of start of the game through to the end. It feels like its just one pace throughout and theres no early - mid - end game mechanic.

I wish I liked it :(

Xbox One

I personally wanted to love SMITE because I love all those mythologies however, I feel like it isn't smooth enough. It feels too quick paced throughout the entire game where other moba's have better pacing in terms of start of the game through to the end. It feels like its just one pace throughout and theres no early - mid - end game mechanic.

I wish I liked it :(

Really? I have been meaning to try the game as I really like MOBA's even though I'm not that good.

Really? I have been meaning to try the game as I really like MOBA's even though I'm not that good.

For me, yea. For you it may be different. You should try it in the event you might like it. 

My opinion is just mine, you might have a different one :)

Nobody is truly good at MOBAs, you'll always find someone who can cut you down to size - though it's proving more and more difficult for me on League to find those people.

SMITE is definitely something I'd reccomend if you want some fun, but if you want to practice your abilities in MOBA games, LoL and DOTA are the two obvious that I'd reccomend xD

• Like 1

Nobody is truly good at MOBAs, you'll always find someone who can cut you down to size - though it's proving more and more difficult for me on League to find those people.

SMITE is definitely something I'd reccomend if you want some fun, but if you want to practice your abilities in MOBA games, LoL and DOTA are the two obvious that I'd reccomend xD

Yeah I agree. I mean look at how different the MOBA scene has become. 2-3 years ago LOL was the only full fledged game and not a mod that was worth playing. But now you Have Smite, LoL and DotA 2. All worthy of your time it seems :D

right because anythign that's not LoL or DoTA2 is for noobs <_<

It kind of is tho. They made it to reach a bigger demograpich than LOL and DOTA by being so simple it can be ported to consoles. The strategic elements of LOL and Dota also exists in SMITE but because of the 3rd person view it's tonned down alot. And you stated you sucked at other MOBAS well guess what that is because even if u play 500+ hours of any other moba you will still be a bad/medicore player at best.

[...]And you stated you sucked at other MOBAS well guess what that is because even if u play 500+ hours of any other moba you will still be a bad/medicore player at best.

Take yourself and leave.

Personally, I used to be shit at league, though after about 100-200 hours practice I got a hell of a lot better, 500 hours is more than enough to become extremely reliant at a small pool of champions if you so wish.

It kind of is tho. They made it to reach a bigger demograpich than LOL and DOTA by being so simple it can be ported to consoles. The strategic elements of LOL and Dota also exists in SMITE but because of the 3rd person view it's tonned down alot. And you stated you sucked at other MOBAS well guess what that is because even if u play 500+ hours of any other moba you will still be a bad/medicore player at best.

I wouldn't say that changing the camera makes it easier or simpler, it's as complex as other games just in a different way

and it's easier to port to consoles because of that fack cause RTS games on consoles just don't work that great, which is important for fast paced RTS games which MOBAS are...and I'm bad at other MOBAS because community in each and every one of the bigger ones is toxic and filled with idiots who think that lvl1 peopšle should play like pros, I don't have time or nerves to play LoL or DOTA2 for 100+ hours if I have to keep listening to people bitching, as with every game you have to learn the ropes and then master them, that's hard, specially with LoL and it's roster of 160 champs and toxic community...

I made a huge post which I deleted, because I know how moba players like to critic everything they don't know, so in conclusion :

I have over 7000 games in LoL. Reached diamond multiple times on multiple accounts. I played smite about 430h. had 6 characters rank X and got to masters in joust 1v1 and was 15-2 in conquest but I got bored of moba's overall after that. ">PERSONALLY<". Smite is more fun by a landslide, LoL is a very skilled game, but smite is more skilled in certain areas, for example counterbuilding is much more rewarding in smite, despite it being very important in LoL aswell. Smite auto attacks can be dodged, even melee, so that's something to practice aswell. And abusing the absolutely overpowered minions in lane early game to win duels is a skill of it's own ( 3-4 auto attacks from minions and your basically dead )

Both are good games, smite is more fun and skilled in certain aspects.

On a site note : Smite will never go anywhere until they remove dmbrandon and permanently ban him from the entire smite community. For those who don't know him. He's basically the most toxic player you will ever meet in an online game ( remember this is coming from a guy who played LoL over 7000 games ). And guess what, he's the main caster, has admin connections in the game and forums. And he's not even a Hi-rez employee, he's a contract. And this is the #1 reason smite won't ever get to LoL or dota level, because it is incredibly unprofessional, mainly because of this guy.

Though I still recommend the game because it is very fun.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

On a site note : Smite will never go anywhere until they remove dmbrandon and permanently ban him from the entire smite community. For those who don't know him. He's basically the most toxic player you will ever meet in an online game ( remember this is coming from a guy who played LoL over 7000 games ). And guess what, he's the main caster, has admin connections in the game and forums. And he's not even a Hi-rez employee, he's a contract. And this is the #1 reason smite won't ever get to LoL or dota level, because it is incredibly unprofessional, mainly because of this guy.

Had to look up who this guy is, I have seen a video of his once or twice, never watched the whole video though. Checked out the comments and not many people seem to like him. Even if he was banned, I'm sure he would just make another account considering how many subscribers he has.

What gods do you like playing as? And if you have any 1v1 joust tips that would be great.

Take yourself and leave.

Personally, I used to be shit at league, though after about 100-200 hours practice I got a hell of a lot better, 500 hours is more than enough to become extremely reliant at a small pool of champions if you so wish.

Ok what rank are you?

I wouldn't say that changing the camera makes it easier or simpler, it's as complex as other games just in a different way

and it's easier to port to consoles because of that fack cause RTS games on consoles just don't work that great, which is important for fast paced RTS games which MOBAS are...and I'm bad at other MOBAS because community in each and every one of the bigger ones is toxic and filled with idiots who think that lvl1 peopšle should play like pros, I don't have time or nerves to play LoL or DOTA2 for 100+ hours if I have to keep listening to people bitching, as with every game you have to learn the ropes and then master them, that's hard, specially with LoL and it's roster of 160 champs and toxic community...

Smite is not toxic? Watch some hi-rez employees stream and they will sit there and trash talk for the whole duration. The community is so small no one gives a shit if ur toxic that is why it's not thought of as the toxic like other MOBAS but let us face it, it is toxic too.

Smite is not toxic? Watch some hi-rez employees stream and they will sit there and trash talk for the whole duration. The community is so small no one gives a shit if ur toxic that is why it's not thought of as the toxic like other MOBAS but let us face it, it is toxic too.

It really depends. I find arena to be generally quite friendly. Conquest, depends who you are matched with. I've played some league games, mostly conquest and I got so much crap said to me. I did have a bad game, I'll admit that, but when people tell me I suck and what not, I feel a bit more pressure and make more mistakes. Eventually I stopped trying altogether. Depends who you play with. Didn't Smite also hit 10 million players, I wouldn't consider that a small community. However I don't play League or Dota so I have no idea what the comparisons are like. Not saying you are wrong by the way! Just putting in my views :)

I don't get why people can't give advice or tell me I should do something differently, would be way more beneficial to everyone.

Next patch looks okay, the new Ah Puch skin is kinda meh to be honest, still interesting though. (It's an alien if you  haven't seen).

I'd like to see a Sobek and Anhur remodel. Sobek being my main god.

Here's a link to patch notes if anyone is interested: 

Also if anyone starts playing Smite for the first time, or plans to start playing, please let me know, if I refer you, and you mention me, if we play together for 10 hours we would unlock and Agni skin which would be great  :yay:

I haven't seen the alternate skin, blue or something is it?

Next patch looks nice, thankfully Sobek is getting some nice little improvements. 

A lot of people have said Ravana is bad, I've been playing him this week and he's actually okay.

You can get a three day booster this weekend by the way, if anyone is interested, I just logged in and got it, I assume everyone gets it.