Orlay_

Longest Platinum

293 posts in this topic

The original inFamous. Wasn't a trophy hunter at the time, and I guess 3 years and 3 months later I came back to snag it.

COD Ghosts on PS4, Completed in 3 years, 11 months, because i never had the DLCs

GTA V (PS4) 2 years, 7 months.

Alpha Protocol - 5 years, 11 months, 3 weeks - 6 days shy of 6 years.

Tales of Symphonia
Platinum
2 years, 10 months, 3 weeks

I took a really long break after finishing the first playthrough due to making a fatal mistake that required me to replay the game four more times for the plat instead of the already planned four playthroughs. Tedious requirements for the plat, but it is a great game nonetheless.

Edited by milanbarca82

Longest Platinum is 2 years, 2 months for Need for Speed: SHIFT. Also my first platinum, and the first game I ever played on Playstation. I wasn't really interested in Platinums when I started, but at some point I just decided I was going to go for it. So I did. 

My longest game, though, is a bit amusing. 2 years, 4 months to finish "Jurassic Park: The Intruders". Heh. Jurassic QTE just wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be when I started, so my motivation to finish disappeared for a few years. 

I have other games that would be longer than these if I ever finished them, of course. But who knows if I will finish them?  :)

Dead Nation at 6 years, 6 months.

I didn't originally go for the platinum because I didn't have a second controller at the time to use for the co-op trophies.

I'm officially the 2nd slowest person to 100% Minecraft on PS3 at just over 4+ years.  

Started it basically the day it came out, and didn't bother to do the DLC until recently.

Hopefully no other stuff gets released for this game now that the Bedrock edition is the official one.

This is the only area I can compete in, I feel like. 1f62c.png Which Platinums (or 100%'s) took you the longest to achieve?

For example, are there any games that you've started back in 2008 and only recently completed? It's interesting, because PSNprofiles tracks this parameter - the amount of time from the first trophy to the last one. I myself started a few games back then and never platinumed (no desire to come back to the most of them, sadly). Things are also complicated by the ever-closing servers (for games with Online trophies).

On July 2, 2008 Super Stardust HD became the first game to support the trophies, Uncharted 1 soon followed. In the summer 2018 people will be able to brag with their 10-years in the making Platinums.

This thread needs a poll that shows names of the users voted for each option. The options should be:

• 5 years
  • 6 years
  • 7 years
  • 8 years
  • 9 years
  • 10 years

Whoever picks them, should tell us, which games took so much time (and we'll look at their profiles for proof! 😬).

On 24.12.2017 at 10:34 PM, bruin-rocks said:

Currently Infamous at 6 years 6 months. 

Wanted to complete it... if I do it now, it'll be 8 years.

I used to start games just to test them so many of my plats have +1 year completion time, but the game that really took me long to plat was Little Deviants on the Vita: 3 years and 10 months, due to the ridiculously glitched online leaderboard trophy.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

16 hours ago, TVippy said:

This is the only area I can compete in, I feel like. 1f62c.png Which Platinums (or 100%'s) took you the longest to achieve?

For example, are there any games that you've started back in 2008 and only recently completed? It's interesting, because PSNprofiles tracks this parameter - the amount of time from the first trophy to the last one. I myself started a few games back then and never platinumed (no desire to come back to the most of them, sadly). Things are also complicated by the ever-closing servers (for games with Online trophies).

On July 2, 2008 Super Stardust HD became the first game to support the trophies, Uncharted 1 soon followed. In the summer 2018 people will be able to brag with their 10-years in the making Platinums.

This thread needs a poll that shows names of the users voted for each option. The options should be:

• 5 years
  • 6 years
  • 7 years
  • 8 years
  • 9 years
  • 10 years

Whoever picks them, should tell us, which games took so much time (and we'll look at their profiles for proof! 1f62c.png).

Wanted to complete it... if I do it now, it'll be 8 years.

If I went and did God of War I would have it at 8 years, might just go and do that. 

I have plenty of old PS3 games that I've returned to plat now, so I guess I'm also a pretty strong reverse speedrun competitor. So far I have:

Dynasty Warriors 7 : Completed in 6 years, 7 months

Resonance of Fate : Completed in 7 years, 9 months

Final Fantasy XIII   : Completed in 6 years, 3 weeks

As for PS4, the longest I have is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which took 2 years and 1 week.

Granted that in all these games I just mopped up some post game content I left undone. Some took only a few days to a week. MGS V however took up at least 60+ hours of extra playtime, but it's a fun game so it wasn't a problem. Same for FF XIII, where I think that powering up and taking on the strongest bosses is actually the better part of the game.

Burnout Paradise

All 98 Trophies 
March 29th 2018 • Completed in 7 years, 11 months

Trivial Pursuit (Ps3)

Platinum Trophy

1Ld9bb46.png

Earn all other trophies

Time for platinum: 6 years, 1 week, 4 days.

Assassin’s Creed II took 5 years 3 months. Had to replay the game to get the platinum.

Uncharted 2, 5 years & 9 months.

Needs for Speed Rivals ~ One of the first games I got on PS4, wasn't a trophy hunter then, came back and grinded.

3 years and 1 month

RE5 -- 7 years, 3 months

There will be several new additions on this list forthcoming, about time I finish off some of the old ones

So top 10 for the time being:
1. Ni No Kuni PS3 5 years 2 months 2 weeks

2. Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed PS3 1 year 4 months

3. Grim Fandango Remastered PS4 1 year 1 month

4. Game of Thrones PS4 9 months 3 days

5. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments PS4 8 months 4 weeks

6. Life is Strange PS4 8 months 1 week

7. The Walking Dead PS4 7 months 3 weeks

8. Tales from the Borderlands PS4 6 months 4 days

9. Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory PS3 3 months 3 weeks

0. Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash PS4 3 months 5 days

RPGs and episodic games. No surprises really

Edited by albajos

Mine would be Captain America Super Soldier at 5 years and 2 weeks.  When I played it I wasn't really a trophy Hunter and never thought I would be able to earn a platinum trophy.  When I started earning them I decided to go back and see if I could do it.  Thankfully I was able to.  I know a lot of people feel this is a really easy platinum, but I am not very good at most games and challenges always give me an extra problem.