Longest Platinum

Orlay_

S05e08a.png

Tekken 7 - 5 months, 3 weeks

Got all the non multiplayer trophies within about a month. However, I'm not normally subscribed to PS+ so I couldn't get the plat with the multiplayer trophies. However, this past Christmas I got a 3 month subscription, and the day after, I got the plat.

Edited by dennish8stennis

I don't know yet but its probably going to be Bloodborne. I started playing I think last year and gave up in between after Father Gascoigne. Then I picked it up again this year and its now on of my my favourite games. Then some dumb exams had to come in between and I couldn't play for quite some time. I'm still definitely going for the platinum. A few more bosses and one weapon related achievement. 

Edited by swiftsausages72
Added a bit more detail

This is my last profile I'll ever make and it's only two years old so my longest platinum is probably just over a year. I'd have to check but it's probably something like Adventure Time Secret of the Nameless Kingdom on Vita. Man, that game really pissed me off. I was so happy when I found a glitch where I could skip all the annoying bits.

Edited by coldsphinx93

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, 3 years, 10 months.

Easy to explain why. I got this game for free on psplus as far as I can remember. I played it, I liked it, I went out of my way to get even the most tedious singleplayer trophies, and then I saw the requirements for multiplayer. I usually do not like multiplayer but in the same year I had a great time with The Last Of Us multiplayer so I gave it a try. The multiplayer was pretty much dead already even back then, not to mention that it was shit in general. The few remaining people obviously played this game for so long that I dare to question their mental health, and spawn camping was a very common sight because, as I said, the multiplayer sucked in general. Not bothering with boosting and other shit back then I just gave up on it, it was not worth it to me. Fast forward almost 4 years, I went on a backlog cleaning rampage and scrapped together some people to boost most of these shitty mp trophies. There is currently only one game on my list that could take the number 1 spot away from Tomb Raider if I ever complete it, but that seems highly unlikely at this point.

Borderlands at 7 years, 1 month. I originally played through the game in 2011 and wasn't interested in trophies at all back then, so the trophies I earned at that time were all earned naturally through my progression. I then rediscovered the game last year while visiting a friend, took another look at my trophy list and realized the plat would be rather easily achievable. I had already earned the majority of the trophies, so I decided to do it. The most tedious part was leveling up to level 50 - even after completing all of the DLC, I was only at level 44, so it took a good 10-15 hours of additional grinding just to get that last trophy for the platinum.

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Is there even an easy way to check this?

I suggested a sort option for "time to 100%", but it's apparently not worth adding the feature.

For me, it's probably Warhawk @ 8 years 4 months.

Far Cry 3, 5 years and 7 months.

Hated first person and the animals mauling me constantly while trying to do missions. Gave me the shits and I gave up. Every time after that I only remembered the annoyance and put off playing the game. Bit the bullet last June after getting past the first person hate with Dishonoured.

If it’s getting a game to 100% it’s Castlevania: Lords of Shadow in 6 years, 2 months. This was when I decided to complete all DLC from old PS3 games. Got a couple of these that took me 5 or 6 years to complete.

If it’s just a platinum it’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 in 1 year, 9 months, 1 week. This was in a time when I didn’t want to play with strangers online, so I couldn’t do the Easter Egg. Or so I thought for at least 1.5 years until I saw a video where someone did it solo, splitscreen controlling both controllers. So I decided to copy that strategy. After many attempts I did it solo too, but it was really hard, frustrating and time consuming. 

I tend not to drop the games I start until I finish them, so I don't have games with a very long completion-time.

Btw my game completed in most time is Super Street Fighter IV (4 weeks, 10 hours). The reason is mostly due to the heaviness and frustration of the whole process. Between the various Ranks C in multy, all the runs in Arcade and the trials, it was really stressful. It's not so impossible to do as people may think, but it's definitely one of the most satisfying games I've ever done, for sure!

Edited by CriveL20

For me its Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time at 3 years 3 months and it's not because the game is hard or anything like that. The only hard trophy is the My Blaster Runs Hot mini-game trophy but other than that the platinum is pretty easy. The reason why it took me so long to get the platinum trophy for the game is that at the time I was using PS now and my internet connection was bad. I am a big RAC fan. I used to play the first 4 games on the PS2, but I never had a PS3 until a couple of months ago. So I used PS now and I played ACIT, A4O, FFA, and ITN for the first time. Since my connection was so bad, I could barely play, but I managed to get the platinum for ITN which ended up being my very first platinum trophy ever and it gave me the boost to trophy hunt for fun. But since my connection was so bad, I couldn't get back into PS now because I kept getting disconnected.  Fast forward to October 2018, I got myself a used PS3 and I platinumed all of the RAC games on the PS3 and that is the reason why it took me 3 years and 3 months to platinum Ratchet and Clank A crack in time. If I had a PS3 back when I first played ACIT I probably would have platinumed the game within a month just because I know I would have rage quit and come back on the My Blaster Runs Hot mini-game. But I'm not going to lie, I was thinking about giving up on the platinum just because of the My Blaster Runs Hot trophy. Thankfully I ended up beating the mini-game.  If that mini-game trophy wasn't a thing I would have platinumed the game in a couple of days.

Driveclub - 2 Years 2 Weeks

wanted to finish up all of the DLC's first before getting platinum - in the end got all DLCs except two, after seeing how 1 race was literally impossible (for me) I just decided to call it quits... forgot about the game for a long time as well, then remembered it and platted it (not 100% tho)

Red Dead Redemption at 3 Years, 11 Months

Played purely for fun in early 2013. Also played this game on Xbox 360, but didn’t care about achievements. 

A few years later, I realized I did most of the base game trophies including online. Went back, got what I needed, and earned the platinum. 

11 hours ago, cckerberos said:
S6f0e9c.png
45 of 51 Trophies
16th March 2018  Platinum in 9 years, 4 months

The first game I earned a trophy in. This got delayed for a bunch of different reasons. I didn't try for the platinum when I first played it in 2008. I came back in 2010 but got frustrated when one of the trophies didn't pop for some reason. I made my first serious attempt at the platinum in 2017 but didn't finish it before I was away from my PS3 for nine months. Then finally finished it off in 2018.

Wow, that's from years before I even started collecting trophies (damn my decision to stick with a 360 last gen).

Don't see myself ever coming back to a game after that long.

Final Fantasy XIII at 4 years, 9 months. I originally played it on a different PS3 that I never bothered to connect to the internet then when I got a new PS3 when Lightning Returns released I heard having saves of XIII and 2 have bonus outfits I just made a save at the beginning of the game. Later in life when I started trying hunting I actually finished the platinum. XIII-2 will probably be my longest platinum when I get it.

• Like 1

Ratchet & Clank All For One - 6 years and 5 months

It took me this long because I got all the trophies except one back when i was in college. I did this on the physical version and ended up selling the game because i was done with the game and didn't care about platinum completion percentage, plus it was a 2 player trophy I needed and I didnt have another controller at the time to do it. Years later I took a look at my games library and I guess I got it for free with PS+. Realizing I only had one trophy left I downloaded it and got my little brother to help me with the final trophy I needed and 6 and a half years later I finally got the platinum.

14 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Just wondering which game has taken people the longest.

For me it's Table Top Racing: World Tour at 2 years and 7 months.

I just didn't know you could tune your car as you want for the powerslide challenges, so I gave up in frustration before reading about it in a guide years later! Once I knew that it was easy.

For me it was MAD MAX. 1 year 8 months. Played the game for about an hour and was hugely disappointed in it . Maybe wrong timing on my part but anyway  i got a single trophy from that. Then it was part of the PSN PLUS freebie and gave it a second try a year and 8 months later. I actually enjoyed the game and it's now in one of my favorites list. Glad I gave it a second chance

• Like 1

Ether one - 3 years and 9 months

I tried to play this game when it came out and actually enjoyed it but it was buggy as hell and I gave up when my third playthrough got bugged out.

It took me more than 3 years to finally muster the strength to give this game a 4th attempt in order to platinum it.

Almost got a heart attack when my save got corrupted in the middle of it and I was ready to throw my console out of the window but I managed to find a way around this and actually platinum the game.

It's a shame as it is actually a good game but all I remember are the bugs.

For me it's 10 months & 2 weeks for WWE 2K17 on the ps3, took me that long because of the online trophies. One of them is to play 100 matches online but if the person you were against or you yourself left before the end of the match for any reason it wouldn't count as a played match, gave up before getting that achievement but went back to it a few months later as the servers were going down & wanted to get it as it was the last one I needed to give me the platinum

Fallout 3 is my longest Platinum AND 100%! Platinum at 4 Years 4 Months, and 100% 8 Years 3 Months!

I started it in 2010, played for a while, but ultimately I didn't like it, so I put it down. Went back to it 4 years later, and found it fun enough to Plat it. 

DLC is mainly just how long it took to buy it. I think there was even a year in between starting the DLC's and finishing them.

This is the main reason I wouldn't buy a Fallout 3 Remaster. ?