Longest Platinum

Orlay_

Dante's Inferno at 6 years, 11 months.

This is actually a former roommate's game that I started playing in 2010. I had gotten stuck somewhere early on and never got back to it. Apparently, I had accidentally kept his copy (he's fine with it, don't worry), found I still had it, and knocked out the plat in a few days over the course of a couple of weeks.

Black ops 1 because Sacrificial Lamb

1 year 10 months

I've spent a lot of times and made countless attempts to earn the trophy in multiplayer. But apparently I've found no good enough players to help me do it. I tried to do it solo but it was too hard. The goddamn box never gave me the crossbow, and if it did, we died after that before I could upgrade the crossbow. I gave up for a time. Then, I invited a friend who actually knew how to play COD. We had a bit of luck and I finally earned it

Edited by nombre_en_uso867

16 hours ago, Evertonian said:

F1 2011 on the vita took me 6 years and 10 months

It was a combination of lack of ability for the gold medal times and a lack of desire for the grinding out 8 seasons of wins

Will probably surpass that total with some of the old ps3 stuff I am looking at mopping up

Funnily enough, for me it was F1 2011 on the PS3 (5 years, 2 weeks)

I started it when I didn't play nearly as much as I do now, and it was low on my priority list when my playing time increased, for all the online stuff was done (that being my priority with the server closures and all), so I really could have finished it in half the time, if I ever could have been bothered :P

Edited by jq291
  • Like 1

Mine was Tales of Vesperia way back on the PS3, it was also my very first platinum trophy and took 127 hours (2 playthroughs plus a speed run). In real like it took 2 months. 

I don't have anything that took years though, as I'm the type who finishes each game I start without leaving it and coming back to it another time. 

Tales of Xillia 2 was pretty long as well, it took 120 hours if I remember correctly. 

Mine is Assassins Creed Revelations on PS3, just shy of completing it in 2 years. All I remember is that Revelations is a huuuuge collect-a-fest. I like those, but it had a lot. The little glyphs... and books... and completing the faction challenges... I'm probably going to regret going for the PS4 version of the plat when the time comes around.

Heavy Rain at 7 years, 1 week. The reason(s) were because I got it briefly after it was released, but it's crap so I ended up returning it because I thankfully bought it used. I bought it six years later to go back to it and plat it, intended to return it to Gamestop within a week. I couldn't handle it and instead chipped at it twice over the course of the year before deciding to just plow through it. Took a week after I planned (I wanted it to be seven years flat), but I got it done. I'm glad I finished it so I don't need to think about going back again, but good god was it bad. I've seen some bad storytelling, but this game makes it feel worse because of how much emphasis was on it.

Platinum - Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham -  1 month and 6 days - it was your typical Lego collect-a-thon, but that time was because something happened with my disc version - one mission was glitched in a way, that it crashed about 30 seconds from the start, no matter what i did, trapping me in the first room. Thankfully, not that long after it was on a sale with all DLC's, so i've grabbed it - no problems. And ultimately, that was cheaper than buying DLC's alone :)

100% - Assassin's Creed 3 - 1 month, 2 weeks, 2 days - it's also a collect-a-thon, but not to scale of Lego Batman, of course some club missions were annoying, filling encyclopedia was frustrating and there was multiplayer involved (though piece of cake in comparison to Black Flag/Brotherhood). Add to that not a lot of free time and repeating episode 3 of Tyranny of King Washington, because one of the random missions glitched and never spawned.

After a quick look I have 2 games at 2 years 11 months.  

Just dance 3, because one trophy requires 5 stars on a 4 player song.  Only had 2 move controllers for ages.  Obviously bought 2 more at a later date.  

Batman Arkham city, because of the challenge rooms.  To be honest they scared me off. Recently have finished them and realized they're not that bad.  

Monster Hunter World at 244+ hours. I started crown farming right from high rank, but I couldn’t get all crowns until I got to rank 110. Black ops III took me 3 years, but I never planned on getting the plat back then so I don’t really look to see how fast I got the platinum. I just go by hours played.

I’d say mine was L.A. Noire which I believe was at 6 years. I stopped going for the platinum when I saw the trophy to drive every vehicle in the game. There was no video guide for it at the time and some vehicles only spawned with certain cases so I gave up until someone released a guide for it when the remaster came out, and got the platinum then. 

Dishonored PS3 with 5 years 10 month.

I played it once before i cared for trophies. But later i saw many unearned trophies and decided to play it again plus the dlc too. I remembered how awesome i thought this was so i made this my plat 225.

Edited by Evil_Joker88

Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment (4 months, 1 week)

Play the first few hours in the game then quit for a few months, then came back and finished it

Dragon Ball Z will be my longest at a bit over a year and a few months when I plat it within the month or so. I just got the online trophies after taking a lot of time off. Just need to do the Zeni now.

Edited by Melty

FFXIII-2 at 6 years and 1 month. 

I legitimately liked the game too, but I just couldn't be bothered doing that Serendipity gambling shit for that fragment. Brother ended up having more luck at it when I randomly dusted out the game one day, and got it for me quickly. Platinumed it soon after.

Batman: Arkham City, 4 years, 1 month. 

Reason was that I gave up on Perfect Freeflow 2.0 trophy, just couldn't do it. I eventually got the game on PC many years later and tried it out again but on a different level to what I was trying back on PS3. To my excitement I managed to get it so i jumped over to the PS3 and after having to readjust to the now much noticeably worse performance managed to get it was so pumped to have finally manged to get it after all that time.

Sly 3: honor among thieves, 3 years and 1 month. Had some of the challenges for 100% left to do and the broken ass controls (with challenge constraints) made me leave it as I thought I'd never get it.

Honor among thieves is a great game and rounds off the trilogy, but the challenges show why time trials don't mix well with this title, precision and patience is key, the ultimate gauntlet challenge tested my patience, again, again.. And again.

When I finally finished it I punched the air with relief as that little platinum finally popped. 

Looks like it was Gran Turismo 6 for me at 2 years, 5 months. The reason being I'd started it so I could do the special challenge events they'd regularly put up so I could win some cars before actually playing the rest of the game. I think I just did those for a year or so before then playing through the career, etc. Then of course there was the trophy for driving 12,000km so that added on another few months while I grinded that out.

I think Killzone 3 will eventually take its place though as I did the multiplayer trophies back in 2014 and am still yet to start on the campaign.

L20237b.png

9 years, 3 months

Finally a topic just for me.

I rented the game back in 2009, as a quick note the place I rented it went out of business and it's now some cell phone place... Anyway, I rented it. Didn't get the plat, obviously. I loved the game though and always intended to buy it. Apparently it took me until 2010 to get another copy... and I got a few more trophies. Then dropped it. I honestly don't even remember that. Then go ta trophy in 2012, again don't remember that at all.

What I do remember is I was going to finish in 2016, went through the entire game to get the collectables. And in the last level a Mizo statue either glitched and didn't show up, or I was dumb and didn't see it. But I ran through the level tons of times and couldn't find the last one I needed for that trophy. And the hard difficulty trophy didn't pop doing chapter select which was super annoying at the time. Plus, stupid Futo. The trophy for using him in every stage in battle didn't pop for me either.

So I rage quit until 2019. When I finally felt like going back to it and playing through the game in it's entirety. Yet again. On hard, getting Futo and all the tedious Jizo statues from scratch. I beat the game, didn't get Futo again... but luckily had some assumptions on where it might have been. There's a level where you go down a mountain with an avalanche and at the end there are enemies and I didn't see them so just left... and that was what I needed to do with Futo for the trophy. Then I got the plat, after 9 years and 3 months.

I could have delayed it even further and got it to be 10 years. Oh well. It's neat that I started in 2009, finished in 2019. Even if it's not exactly 10 years.

1 hour ago, Riddler_Tam said:

Sly 3: honor among thieves, 3 years and 1 month. Had some of the challenges for 100% left to do and the broken ass controls (with challenge constraints) made me leave it as I thought I'd never get it.

Honor among thieves is a great game and rounds off the trilogy, but the challenges show why time trials don't mix well with this title, precision and patience is key, the ultimate gauntlet challenge tested my patience, again, again.. And again.

When I finally finished it I punched the air with relief as that little platinum finally popped. 

I was not looking forward to platting that again on Vita. Took me 2 years and 10 months to finally get around to finishing all the challenges. Some of them are so friggin' annoying. Even on PS3, compared to 1 and 2 I get those knocked out quick (not that they require a lot, you don't even have to 100% them). But anyway, with Sly 3 on PS3 it took me over a week to finish. It's so annoying. I love the series, but those mini games are trash in 3. There's too many of them and they lack polish. 4 is definitely going to be my longest Sly plat though. Still need to get around to that...

• Like 1