Longest Platinum

Orlay_

Resident Evil 5 - 6 years and 8 months. The reason this is so long is because it is including the MP trophies. It took me forever to decide the grind was worth the 100%. I loved this game and it was the reason I bought a PS3. So my very first trophy was actually from this game. But the versus multiplayer trophies were some of the worst trophies ever created. They lowered the amount of wins necessary for the PS4 version of this game but even then they took forever. I was also very disappointed there were no Mercenaries game mode trophies as that was by far my favorite game mode. Anyways, I find it very funny on this thread some people are like "10 years for my longest" while others are like "My longest was 10 min." Obviously I am exaggerating a bit but it is very interesting to see such big differences. 

For me, it was Watch Dogs 1 at 3 years, 8 months and 4 weeks. The reason it took me awhile to plat is because the online trophies put me off for a while. Then I went back to it in 2017 to get the platinum then went on to 100% a year later. The DLC trophies were too much of a grind, especially that 29 driving contracts trophy in Bad Blood.

Edited by LDCurtiss
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Longest Platinum: Guacamelee 5 years 10 months.

Truly loved this game but recalled getting frustrated with the last boss on hard mode. Once I bought guacamelee 2, I felt it was time to go back to the original masterpiece and finish the game. The boss fight actually wasn’t that bad this time around lol ? 

Bayonetta: 5 years 4 months 2 weeks.

Bayonetta was the first game I played on my PS3 with trophies. I was too scared to finish it until recently because it sounded like a hard game to platinum. It only took about a day of playtime to actually complete the game for me.

Grand Theft Auto V: 1 year 5 months (PS3), 7 months 3 days (PS4)

GTA V probably had the most playtime put into it to get the platinum. I wasn't really focused on getting the platinum on both my attempts. I had to level my online character again because character transfer was no longer available when I bought my PS4 copy. Online trophies were difficult both times because nobody plays the game modes required for a few of the trophies; I didn't boost because I didn't know that was a thing and I usually got lucky when I needed wins. Single player was mostly just collectables and getting a gold medal on every mission.

• 2 weeks later...

1st Place

Guitar Hero 5 - 9 years, 9 months

My instruments were broken for quite some time and I also just lost interest in the genre for so long. So it simply wasn’t worth my time. I recently replaced my instruments and have been very into the genre once more.

2nd Place

Gran Turismo 5 - 8 years, 7 Months

This game was just too hard to grind it out in a month or two. It took me many years of on again off again to finally pull this off. I was working on one gold special event at a time. Those special events were annoying as hell, I kept cherry picking at them for years till I finally did it. 

PS. I haven’t scrolled through every page of this thread to see if anyone has reported a longer time and my Guitar Hero 5 plat. But I’m sure it’s up there in longest times. :) 

• Like 1

Longest 100% is LittleBigPlanet 2 years, 10 months

2nd longest 100% is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Completed in 2 years, 2 weeks. The platinum itself was shorter though.

As of most gaming time spent to platinum in game maybe PS3 Skyrim. Played it for over 100 hours. Platinum in 5 months, 3 days

Edited by Wikkibur
Platinum in 5 months, 3 days
  • Like 1

Started to finish some early games this year:

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell - Platinum in 2 years, 6 months

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered - Platinum in 3 years, 3 months

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered - Platinum in 3 years, 2 months

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered - Platinum in 3 years, 2 months

Want to finally finish South Park: The Stick of Truth for the PS3 soon.