Longest Platinum

Orlay_

FH4w5Us.png

I really disliked the game when i first got it, just couldnt get into the game, so i traded it in along with Dead Space for about £10.

Bear in mind these two games were the first ever games ive traded in.

Then like 6 and a half years later i felt bad for both those games and bought them back for £10 each (Awful business sense i know)

And then i fell in love with it, and couldn't put it down.

Unfortunately my PS3 conked out before i could love Dead Space....lol

• Like 1

Infamous. 4 years 8 months

Mainly because you need to finish it 2 times... evil and good. So I made the good run in continuation, meaning I played Infamous 1 then 2. At that time my brother lend that game to a friend, so I didn't played the evil part after many years that psn had it for 3 dollars something like that and I bought it.

Realisticly is probably Injustice 2.

Currently the longest platinum for me is Transistor at 1 year, 5 months and 2 weeks. I started it January last year but didn't get very far in it as I had a lot of other games to play at the time and kinda lost interest in it. About two weeks ago I decided to give it another go and I really enjoyed it so I thought I might as well plat it while I was at it.

New personal record with Dishonored PS3: 5 Years 10 Months 4 Weeks

Platimum Achived 15th Jan 2019

It's the 8th game with a timestamp difference over 5 years and when i was close at Plat 225 i remembered how i liked the game even though i played it just once before. Dug it out again and finished 2 and a half playthroughs to get the Plat :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88

• 1 month later...

For me, its tied between Watch Dogs 1 and Assassins Creed IV Black Flag. Watch Dogs because for so long I was dreading the RNG OF the songs you have to randomly find off random civilians . Assassins Creed because I was stuck on sequence 11 between the ships battles and Rogue waves and the forts shooting at me I was having an impossible time . I was stuck just trying to finish the story.   Both games took me 4 years and 7 months to platinum

Edited by johnnyjh

For me, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt fully completed at 3 years and 5 months. The reason it took so long was not due to difficulty or time, but simply because I didn't care much for trophies when I started and didn't play it for about a year or two. 

For in-game time, I think it's a tie between Monster Hunter World and SAO: Hollow Fragment.

I think I'm currently/lately going for more chanllegning platinum so instead of getting the 15 plats a month with the cheap easy plats I'm getting like 1 plat a month with more difficult games. Busy with Witcher 3 but that might make it the longest time without a plat as I'm enjoying for the game and not worrying about when I get the plat. Actually don't want to get the plat to quick because it will mean I've come to an end of the most beautiful experience I've had with a game. I don't normally do the DLC's but I'm definelty going to go for B&W and HOS DLC when I'm finished with the base game

• 1 month later...

1Lefe39c.png

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/462-dead-nation/KennethMcCormick

8 years, 3 months, 2 weeks! ?

My former longest was GTA IV, with almost 7 years between Off the boat and Taking a Liberty.

I downloaded Dead Nation when Sony offered games to apologise for 2011 PSN outage for like a month, installed it, barely played it and never touched it again: I was still rather new to console gaming at the time (bought my PS3 mainly for reading BDs), and as your typical film buff, I was more interested in story driven games. Top-down shoot-em-ups didn't really appeal to me.

Years passed, I became a more versatile gamer, and looking at my stats on this website, I set myself a few personal goals just to spice things up a little bit, namely getting to less than 500 unearned trophies (check), 95% completion (check) and getting at least A ratings on all my games (working on it).

Dead Nation was one of my only two E rated games on this website (the other one being Red Faction: Guerilla), both wallowing at the bottom of my trophy list with a single measly trophy each, so I started it again earlier this year between other games, set my mind to finish it once and for all last week, and voilà! And I don't regret it one bit, as I quite learned to love that game, actually. Next two on the list are Red Faction (rated E) and Lords of the Fallen (C) (which I don't intend to plat, let alone 100%, just get them to A rating). And there are other games and DLC to finish afterwards, but I doubt I'm going to beat this more than eight years personal "best"! :D

• Like 1

Excluding stuff that I still have to finish...

Resident Evil 5 on the PS3, 3 years and 6 months

I wasn't really interested in this game, I just bought it because a friend wanted to play co-op, and we blasted through it on the highest difficulty... which is a nice trophy to have, but then I had to re-do it again for the collectibles, grind out the eggs, etc. Wasn't until I platinumed the Revelations games when I started craving for more Resi that prompted me to finish it up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KennethMcCormick said:

And here I was flaunting my 8 yrs +... You're just doing that to spite me, aren't you :D

Joke aside, wow, 9 years...

I'd just pick it up for an hour here and there over the years. What's remarkable is that I kept a mental record of everything I had made, the progress I had made towards BTs (over two separate games), and it was remarkably accurate.

• Like 1