Longest Platinum

Orlay_

• 1 month later...

Reached 50th plat today, so to sum up

1. 5 years 2 months - Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

I had only grinding left in the game, and couldn't be bothered. Completed it before I started on the sequel

2. 1 year 8 months - Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune

Not particularly fun anymore.I used to play Volleyball so I buy aømost anything related I find. Strange to have a game where you miss the Water Scooters (from DOAX2) in a game where volleyball should be the main event.

3. 1 year 6 months - Dreamfall Chapters

When I saw I had to play through it twice things got tedious. I also have it on Steam, which is even older and I haven't gotten past the first chapter.

4. 1 year 4 months - Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed

Also kind of a grind, completed it the same day as the PS4 version,  or else it would have taken even longer

5. 1 year 2 months - Final Fantasy XV

Not particularly fun anymore. I watch movies instead.

5. 1 year 2 months - The Bard's Tale

Buggy achievements made this a long haul for everyone that bought it early. Thankfully they patched it, not all developers do that.

• Like 2

The main reason is to work and take care of other things. Not all of them play.
There are things we deserve to do and develop. Games are free time and some time.

i love longest time with platinum , but i have some game fast achive cause my friend he pro like me and he always challenge me and i love defeat him lol

Edited by SoundDreams

51 minutes ago, SoundDreams said:

The main reason is to work and take care of other things. Not all of them play.
There are things we deserve to do and develop. Games are free time and some time.

i love longest time with platinum , but i have some game fast achive cause my friend he pro like me and he always challenge me and i love defeat him lol

You mean you get fast times because you CFW Games?

I mean holy fuck, you really don't have anything better to do that you hacked every trophy one by one just to make yourself look like that you have a 11 year old ACC? Just to brag on people that you have "X" game 100%ed? Get a life man

Also, nice save edits on Sekiro,DS3 and DSR:)

Edited by Nostalgy_Furi
  • Like 1

Borderlands 2 on PS4 took me 2 years and 9 months. The only reason this was the case, is I made my PSN in the summer of 2016 at a friends house before I could afford my own PS4. Got one or two trophies from the start of the game when we played co op, and in September of that year was when I actually got my PS4. I got The Handsome collection almost immediately, and over the next few months we played online and got most of the trophies if I remember correctly. It wasn't until earlier this year that I actually sat down to slam through the last handful of trophies that I couldn't be bothered to get over the years.

Got a new record since my last post (that early this year): Need for Speed Most Wanted PS3 is now at 6 years 2 months. First title to go over 6 years mark.

Reason why is i started the game (Aug 2013) after it was given for free by EA. Did a few races but didn't enjoy it. I do prefer the sim like racing games with racing tracks. Controls felt wonky. Finished a few races almost a year later, still didn't feel good. Dropped the game until in June 2017 i decided i'll get the mp trophies with a friend together. Almost another year later i saw a very good offer for the DLC bundle and decided i'll get the mp dlc trophies because it bugged me that the game was at C rank.

After i was done with the mp dlc trophies i was happy that my xp earned in mp counted also in sp. So i did win all Most Wanted Races. Only thing left mostly after this was win all races for base game and the 4 dlcs. It took another 2 years until i decided it's time to finish this off :D ... At the end the dlc races felt easier than the vanilla races but that may be the result of 100+ hours driving in total. Still think cars don't drive well. Not a good experience :P

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

Strider took me 4 years, it was a plus game that I tried when I got my PS4 at around December 2014 but never really got in to. Fast forward to December 2018 and after getting the plat on Castlevania SOTN I needed more metroidvanias so I rediscovered this gem and got the plat. 

• Like 1

It took me just shy of 8 years to Platinum the PS3 version of God of War III for the following reasons:

1. Lost the disc for a few years
  2. Got hit with a weird glitch that would freeze/crash my PS3 every time I tried to load a save or start a new game. This persisted for 2-3 years until one day it just started working as intended
  3. I sucked at Titan Mode
  • Like 1

The Last of Us Remastered took me just over 4 years purely because I had done the online on the PS3 version and couldn't be bothered to have another go until I learnt that playing backwards on Grounded made that mode easy so I went for 100% at that point.

• Like 1

Uncharted 3 took me over 7 years because I don't like the uncharted games (or in general tomb raider like games. I can understand that people like the game but the genre, in general, isn't my sixpack of beer). So with the server shutdown on the PS3, I had to get shit done. I may finish the previous titles on PS4 in order to see at least the story from first to last title.

I think Musou Orochi Z on PS3, my save data was over 400 hours when I got platinum. So much grinding in that game. It's weird to look back on it now, because most of that I played coop with my EX gf.

Longest overall time from start to finish was Troy Warriors, 5 years and 9 months according to this site.

Lego Indiana 2 on PS3 took me 4 years and 8 months according to the site.  This was gearing up to be my first ever platinum and I was raring to go but the "beat all levels in freeplay" trophy was glitched and I couldn't get it to unlock despite me playing through the game twice in free play.  Eventually I gave up and moved on but it always bothered me when I saw the game on my profile.  Finally, after a few years I decided to try it again.  Beat the first two levels and it popped.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I platinumed Prince of Persia (PS3) the reboot and it made me laugh that it is now my slowest platinum ever at 10 years and 10 months. I was wondering what other peoples are?
We always look at fastest platinums but how about your slowest?

• Like 2

Final Fantasy X-2. It's a tale of sorrow and woe, and one I'll expand upon in greater detail in the most recent platinums thread when time comes. Suffice to say, I finally turned a corner late last month, and now I've got all my ducks in a row, ready to be cashed in at the most opportune moment. Which is when, you say? You'll just have to wait and see... :yay:

Prince of Persia PS3, 10 years 10 months.

My reasoning being I just didn't like the game when I first played it haha.

Recently I plugged my PS3 back in and was looking at games I could probably platinum and I had an urge to do some wall running...