Longest Platinum

Orlay_

Bioshock Infinite on PS3 - 6 Years, 3 months and 2 weeks.

Got this game on my 22th birthday, played it once, played the DLC a year later (though this was long before my trophy hunting days). Originally I wanted to platinum Bioshock 2 but this game has no multiplayer and would be perfect for my 50th platinum as it is one of my favorite PS3 game. But the main reason I didn't platinum it sooner is because my PS4 distracted me.

Playtime-wise: Final Fantasy XIII

I've spent 120-130 hours on this game till i got the platinum. The main reason why it took me so long is because of that Treasure Hunter trophy. Upgrading six weapons to Tier 3 was a pain in the ass. Also, farming materials.

Year-wise: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)

1 year, six months. My current record. There many reasons for this, but mainly because i was away from home a lot, be it work or my military training. Also, that platinum was a long journey. Still worth it.

These two are my current record holders, but someday that will change since i'm planning to resume some of the older games i haven't finished/started. Until then.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - PS3 

6 years, 3 days. My record for the moment, probably won't top it anytime soon(maybeefirst Jak one day). The game is good but tech orbs just suck as a collectible. Incredibly frustrating, easy to miss and there are A TON OF THEM. Didn't have any good phone/tablet to use guides when I first played it and didn't want to return later. One day I though that 60% overall completion is kinda not good and here we are now with 85%. 

Edited by Akrioz

• 3 months later...

Went back to finish some games:

Final Fantasy VII - 2 years, 5 months, 1 week

Doom - 2 years, 2 months, 3 weeks

Borderlands 2 - 2 years, 8 months, 2 weeks

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - 3 years, 8 months, 1 week

The Mummy Demastered - 2 years, 2 months, 2 weeks

?

• 2 weeks later...

What game took you the longest to get a platinum, and why did it take you that long?

Mine is Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

4 years, 1 month

I got stuck on “my blaster runs really, really hot” and after getting it I think I was just fatigued. The only trophy I had left at that point required replaying the entire game and I was over it. Let it sit for awhile, came back and finished it when the game felt fresh again. 

Edited by Tiffanniebaby
Added time it took to finish

11 minutes ago, Tiffanniebaby said:

What game took you the longest to get a platinum, and why did it take you that long?

Mine is Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

4 years, 1 month

I got stuck on “my blaster runs really, really hot” and after getting it I think I was just fatigued. The only trophy I had left at that point required replaying the entire game and I was over it. Let it sit for awhile, came back and finished it when the game felt fresh again. 

LOL, mine is also Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time.  Took me 2 years, nine months.  I beat it on Medium initially and couldn't be bothered to do the two more playthroughs for the plat (hard + challenge) until like 2 and a half years later.

• Like 1

Mine is Beyond: Two Souls. 5 years and 9 months.

The reason being that, after finishing the game the first time, I moved onto other games on my backlog. At the time I wasn't trophy hunting, and I couldn't bring myself back to play it. And some years later, my OG PS3 died, and I lost all my data (I didn't have a backup). Almost a year went by until I got another one.

So, it was definitely a grind to replay it.

Arkham Origin Blackgate.  Got it in 5 years and 11 months.  Started playing it before I really got into trophy hunting and I got stuck on the Joker boss fight.  Since my attention span doesn't seem to last that long anymore I ended up moving on to many other titles that I felt warranted my time.  Finally went back to finish it since there is nothing but time now.

1 month and 2 weeks for GTA 3 and Lego Movie on the Vita. I stopped with GTA 3 for a little bit to go play Rocket League and Doom Eternal. And I usually save my Vita gameplay time for whenever I'm out of the house so that's why Lego Movie took me some time. I already know for a fact Friday the 13th will be my longest one whenever I get around to boosting all of it.

Mine is Sly Cooper.  It took me 9 Years and 1 Week.  But that's because my friend played it on my account and I didn't feel like playing it.  It actually took like two days.

A game that I actually played that took the longest was Gravity Rush.  3 Years and 9 Months.  I love Gravity Rush, but I didn't feel like grinding out the gems or going for gold in the minigames.  Then I platted Gravity Rush 2, so I was like why not.  Not even five minutes, the Gem Aficionado trophy popped.  And then I went back to did the minigames, with the exception of one of the races, I got Gold on my first or second attempt.  I felt dumb.  But on the brightside, Gravity Rush 1 and 2 are right next to each other on my list.

Just beat my own record anyway. Finished Child of Light after 3 years 8 months (OK, it’s a 100%, not a plat, but I’m allowing it).

Such a great game, I have no idea why I bounced off it the first time after only getting two of the trophies, but enjoyed it immensely second time round.

I guess, for some games, you just have to be in the mood.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD: 3 Years and 4 Weeks

That game is fucking terrible, even worse than 5 (although I actually enjoyed THPS5). Everything about the game falls apart when even the main mechanics just don't work sometimes as occasionally when you land, you'll just fall over anyway and you often just trip when trying to get on a rail as well. Trying to string combos together is more of a game of patience as doing everything perfect can mean nothing and I'd usually pick it up for an hour and get frustrated and drop it again. Frustrating bullshit plus a desire for perfection for some of the challenges makes it a chore but I eventually got it done. Fuck that game.

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands took me 6 years and 3 months. 

After my initial playthrough I just didn't feel like chasing after the few remaining trophies I had missed. 6 years later I decided to replay all of the games in the series and finally knocked out those few remaining trophies.

For me it's WWE 2k17 for the ps3 at 10 months, 2 weeks & 5 days. Had 1 achievement to get for the game which was to play 100 matches online but the achievement was a bit glitched as you had to play more then 100 to actually get the thing & I don't think it would could towards the trophy if the person you were playing against left the match before it officially ended the usual was as in ending by pin/dq/submission so gave up some of the way through till several months later I noticed that the online servers were being shut down for the game so went to see if I could get that out the way before they were shut & thankfully I did manage to do it & got the platinum in the process

Final Fantasy XIII - Five Years Four Months. Beat the game went to do all the upgrading for Treasure Hunter and realized i sold item i needed and could not get another one. Stopped playing for a few years then went back to solely working on the Treasure Hunter Trophy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is Far Cry 2 at 11 years 2 months. It was the second ever game I played that had trophies on it and when I finished it I had missed saving one of the buddies, then a couldnt find half a dozen of the diamonds. and with that in mind I couldnt be bothered doing the online if I wasnt going to get the platinum (and I wasnt a massive collector way back then). I finally went back over Christmas and spent about 70 hours grinding out the multiplayer with three consoles (thank god the Warlord glitch worked as I was really nervous after so much time grinding to level 20) and replaying the single player to collect all the diamonds, jackel logs and buddies.

Borderlands - 8 years and 1 week. 

I remember playing through it with a friend of mine, really loved it, but then we moved onto something else and I ended up trading in my copy. Fast forward to the start of this year and I ended up purchasing Borderlands 3 while visiting my family. I live overseas and my PS3 is still at my parents house, so I figured I'd fire it up while I was there. I noticed Borderlands was on sale dirt cheap digitally so I grabbed it and smashed out the last few trophies while I was there which were for hitting level 50 and two character specific action skills. I ran out of time doing the same with Borderlands 2, but I did upload my character and then smashed out the platinum on my PS4 when I got back