Longest Platinum

Orlay_

Minecraft: Story Mode - 4 years and 3 months

I finished playing through the game and didn't get the missable trophies. I didn't have the desire to go through and try to get them until recently. It only took me like an hour or two to get them, so I'm not sure why I waited so long.

I have missing timestamps so I don't know exactly, but I am approximating Call of Duty: Black Ops took me 7-8 years from 2012 to 2020 to get the 100%. It was mainly because I couldn't be bothered with buying the DLC all at once. I eventually said screw it and did it anyway, but it took all this time to do so. As for a game I do have timestamps for, it would be Uncharted 2 at 5 years, 10 months. I had too many games to play at the time (still got a massive backlog that will never be done) and the fact that I didn't want to waste money on DLC for a multiplayer that was dead and gonna be impossible to get those medal trophies legit. Then they made the DLC free when they announced the server shutdown alongside Uncharted 3. In the end, Uncharted 3 will have the longer completion time, and that is if I get around to it.

Gran Turismo 6. That one trophy for getting all gold on the S-licence. The first challenge took like 2 years to complete. I think it took around 4 years total, but I started playing it before I cared about trophies (or even had an account online)

Berendsapje.png

Edited by Berendsapje

• 4 weeks later...

Rocket league in 4 years because I kept saying I would ask someone to boost the friend trophy but I was too shy to actually do it until I randomly found a boosting season only last month . Its pathetic but I'm proud of how pathetic it is to be able to delay a plat for 4 years over a extremely easy trophy.

Gravity Rush: Remastered (2 years, 9 months) - My interest was fluctuating, as I had interest, then lost interest in the game. The worst came when memory wipe-out happened in my PS4, which caused all my saves files to be erased. Thanks to PS Plus, which was overlooked for years, I still had the auto-save and continued it to Platinum.

Downwell for me, I got it for free with PS+ played it for like 5 minutes thought it was too hard and shit it off.  After playing many more roguelikes and getting addicted to the genre I decided to go back to it and it took me about 2-3 weeks of really trying to platinum it.  Took over a year to get the plat.

The Last of Us Remastered - 5 years 7 months

I played the multiplayer obsessively when it first came out and got those trophies no problem. But I couldn't face replaying the campaign on survivor then again on survivor+ (didn't know about the workaround) to get the difficulty trophies, having heard how hard it was on survivor. I also kept missing one or two conversations/jokes without realising and locking myself out of those trophies. Eventually, I got frustrated and gave up on ever getting the plat.

I recently wanted to replay the campaign before TLOU2 comes out. I discovered the NG+ workaround and decided to go for it. Played once on easy to hoover up as much scrap/supplements as possible and carefully following a guide to get all the conversations/jokes. Then did a single survivor+ playthrough to finish upgrading Joel/weapons, get the difficulty trophies and finally snag the plat (wasn't as hard as I was expecting).

Resi 5 at 2 years 1 month. Originally played through it with my roommate and had a blast. Went back a year or so later when the dlc came out and got hooked again. Flash forward another year and I finally went back in to get the couple of remainingg trophies

Potentially, any game that I still didn't finish (like Persona 5). :D

Currently, Battleborn. Game itself is poorly balanced and abandoned by developers, servers shutdown is coming close as well. I don't think that game itself is bad (I quite enjoyed campaign: certain missions were cool, some not; a lot of heroes are fun to play), but it struggles from identity crisis: devs wanted it to be a hero shooter, but game turns out to be a moba shooter with lack of fun-to-play game modes; glitches. 

There are actually 2 different games.

Platinumwise it would be Wheelman because i got the 1st Trophy in April 2009 and the Platinum in August 2018, but only because i had like a special platinum day where i triggered a lot of platinum trophies on one day. I got all the trophies (except for 1 easy one) in March 2017 which makes it a gap of 7 years and 11 months. I was very unlucky that i had to play the story 4 different times which annoyed me for a long time. In the beginning i forgot to make a save before the different missable choice trophies and afterwards i lost my savegame twice, because you couldnt copy it to an usb device and ps+ wasn't released back then. Also the sidemissions were quite a challenge.

The other game is Eat Lead. I started the game in June 2009 and prepared the Platinum in September 2017, which makes it a gap of 8 years and 3 months. The only explanation i have is, that i sucked back in 2009. I wasn't able to beat a boss halfway through the game so i stopped playing until 2017. I didn't have problems at all beating him then.

GTA V took me almost 3 years to plat. I got all the trophies except 100% completion back in 2013 which was caused by one of the street race not spawning. Sicen then i tried to start a new game once in a while and see if it spawns.

Edited by bri11iant_Y

God of War 3 on PS3: 9 years 8 months. First game on ps3. Never got super into trophy hunting until the last year or so and definitely didn't care about them back then. If it weren't for the invincibility glitch I'd never have gotten it.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

If we're including ones that spanned years then mine would be Fallout: New Vegas that took me 6 years and 9 months total. That was me playing multiple playthroughs until I eventually decided to go for the plat, Didn't before because I didn't think I could handle a hardcore mode playthrough. 

In terms of a game where I played it straight through to get the plat, then that would be Fallout Shelter which took me 7 months and 2 weeks. 

Final Fantasy X - 4 years, 8 months, 3 weeks.

Took me a long time because I took years long breaks in it twice.  First was I just was like I'm probably not getting this plat and was bored and moved on to something more doable and was actually fun.  Went back and wiped out most of the grind, but didn't want to deal with blitzball and dark aeons, so I stopped.  Went back and did blitzball and other stuff and then stopped short of the last two trophies.  Then finally wiped out the last two trophies.

Though if I ever get the FFX-2 plat that will beat it since I started that around the same time and finally am going back for the last few trophies.  That one is sitting at over 6 years since I earned the first trophy in it.

NEED FOR SPEED: SHIFT - Completed in 8 years, 3 months

1. Started playing it 3rd Oct 2010.. and lost interest after seven days.
  2. Continued playing it 22nd Apr 2016.. and again stopped playing it after 7 days ?.
  3. Finally returned to this game in January 2019 and achieved the online DLC trophy on 4th Jan 2019. Also boosted some badges online and finished carrer stuff on 19th Jan 2019.
Edited by Geridian
Wording

• 4 months later...