Longest Platinum

Orlay_

• 2 weeks later...

Final Fantasy XIII. I haven't actually gotten the platinum yet (I'm one trophy away), but it'll be my longest once I get it, since I've owned the game since release (roughly 2 years).

My actual longest platinum is Fallout: New Vegas, as it took almost a year to platinum (mainly as I kept putting it off).

It took me about 3 years to platinum RESIDENT EVIL 5. I usually don't like going through the same game multiple times in quick succession, so I end up not touching some games for well... years, before I finally decide to pick them up for a 2nd time. It's actually quite rewarding.

Same thing happened with God of War I and II (both completed in 2 years, 2 months).

• 1 year later...

If it wasn't for the missing timestamps I would actual know how long it was between the first trophy and when I finally got Call of Duty: World at War's platinum.

It was the first game I played on my Playstation 3, which I got back in christmas 2008......so around 5 years and 2 months......I never cared about platinums until last year so thats why there is such a gap :L Considering the game itself only took around 25 hours gametime to platinum.

The longest platinum that has a timestamp is Assassin's Creed: Revelations...1 year 6 months 3 weeks...again I never cared about platinums until last year so hence the gap....

Edited by mary-d_9

The platinum I longest took to achieve was from "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves", and it took me 2 years and 6 months. Not because it was hard or anything, I just didn't feel like like going after the game's trophies back then. When I first played the game, I really wasn't interested in pursuing locked trophies, and unlocking them back then. I earned the platinum in 2013's New Year's eve.

Edited by jack21_98

Mine would be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2. Took me 1 year and 10 months. I rented the game once and got everything i could but then i got bored of it/was lazy to complete all challenges with a Gold standard. One year later i rented it again to have closure on it.