Aeirou

Longest Platinum

265 posts in this topic

InFAMOUS at 2 years, 2 months...

I did my good ending and evil ending and so I just needed my shards. When to my good side and I had 1 left, I searched and searched and gave up. I went to my evil side and I had one left and I gave up as well. Some time later went to platinum InFAMOUS 2 and so I came back to the first and after another few months, I had gotten the last shard.

Katamari Forever (5 years, 5 months). Honorable mentions to GoW and GoW 2 (5 years, 2 months)

The GoW excuse is easy. I borrowed the original collection from a friend, and played through both games. Only recently did I personally purchase the 5 game collection, and finish.

For Katamari,I wanted to plat the game without a guide. That's really hard. I broke down and found the last few items with help only recently. Big thanks to Vix for keeping a solitary vigil on the nearly empty Katamari wiki. And for writing her cowbear guide. And...for just being cool. Wherever you are, starcrunch thanks you.

Edited by starcrunch061

God of War III.  I got the game and my PS3 the day the game came out and I got the Platinum last Christmas day.

So I guess it was around 4 years and 8 months.

GTA IV: 3 years, 5 months. Earned at least 1 trophy every year from 2009-2013.

So far Cloudy with a chance of meatballs.  took me 10 months to complete,  mainly because I was playing other games,  had to replace my PS3 last year.  

I haven't read every comment, but I think mine has to be one the longest.

l3GoqLq.png

That's almost as long as I've been collecting trophies. I don't think I'll be beating that record any time soon unless I ever feel I can plat LittleBigPlanet or another one of my very early games I was never able to plat...

Edited by Jay_Cash

Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days.

3 Years 3 Months.

Mines is now Resistance 2.

4 Years and 10 Months

Don't think I'll beat that either.

InFamous 2 would take this prize, however, the trophy timestamps are missing...

Batman: Arkham Asylum wins as runner up with 3 Years, 8 Months. I had started this game during my early multiplayer days.

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames took me 2 years 9 months. If i get the final fantasy 13 platinum which im going to try and get soon it will have taken over 4 years to finish.

l3GoqLq.png

I think Jay Cash wins lol

Ffxiii_title_screen.png

FINAL FANTASY XIII

All 36 Trophies

May 19th 2014 (Completed in 4 years, 2 months)

Yup lol

Edited by Dav9834

Grand Theft Auto 1 year, 5 months

Assassins Creed 1 year, 2 months

The Last of Us 1 year, 2 months

Pending to be the Longest platinum

Borderlands 2

It says Skyrim was 3 years 4 months, but that was for 100%. GTA IV is 3 years 2 months. I'm sure I'll top that before the year is out though.

Alice: Madness Returns took me 1 year 9 months. I was determined to play the original first because it came as free DLC, but it was such a pain I walked away for a good long while when I was done.

In terms of time span between first and last trophy earned, I have a few games that aren't necessarily long that I just came back to finish just recently so I have a few games with 5+ years completion time. In terms of longest game, I'm not really sure, prob Dragon Age Origins. I don't really have any games that took over 100 hours because I usually don't play games that require a lot of grinding. 

Demons Souls and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 each took 2 years and 1 month

DmC took 2 years and a month, protip don't forget about games haha. 

assassin's creed 2 took me 4 years  :D  but back then i wasn't really a trophy hunter back then 

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Vita) - 1 Year 5 Months

POINTLESS COLLECTABLES SUCK! !!

Mine was Dynasty Warriors 7 took like 70-80 hours, But i was off for the summer at university so had a few months off =P

Recent Platinum Ar NoSurge and Final Fantasy Type-0 were both quite long

I got the platinum of GTA V after 10 months, 3 weeks, 3 days and the 100% after 1 year, 6 months, 2 days.

Edited by pese-97

4 years for the Bioshock 2 plat and another week for the DLC.  I started playing when it came out but was turned off by the long online grind. 

If we're talking 100%'s then almost 6 years for Burnout Paradise as there was finally a good deal on the complete edition in the last flash sale. I got the plat originally in about 2 weeks.