Longest Platinum

Orlay_

• 1 month later...

here came the new record.

mutiple saves, 3 consoles and several games in betwen later i finish it

(also have my first trophy here)

1S396191.png

Taking A Liberty

Sorry for taking liberties with your time.

Grand Theft Auto IV

56 of 66 Trophies
October 1st 2017 • Platinum in 8 years, 10 months

Edited by Facas
  • Like 1

Longest in my log is Tales of Xillia at 8 Months, 3 Weeks followed by Tales of Graces at 6 Months, 2 Weeks. However, I had started both these games when I wasn't playing for game completion.

The longest one that I had actually started while playing for completion was Ray Gigant at 6 Months, 4 Days. I really started to hate the game so I put it down for a while.

L3ee619.png

4 years, 1 month, 3 days

Considering I thought I'd never do it, that's not so bad.

If I ever get around to finishing, it'll be Mini Ninjas by a good margin. It's already over 7 years. But having the game glitch on the very last stage with the fucking collectables and me missing ONE. JUST ONE... in addition to not getting my hard trophy... or the one for using that fat character in every level... I just couldn't be bothered. I rage quit. I want to finish it at some point, but I need to not be so pissed at the game. I'm still salty over it.

not to long ago finally platinumed twisted metal, took me 5 years. that game killed ps3s, locked me out from playing, had to start all over. bought the digital and disc version to try to get it to work. (bought multiple copies to try to get it to work). it would straight shut my phat ps3 down if i started the game. finally i ended up using my main name as a split screen and wrote all my stats down and started over, bought a newer ps3 and finally got the last 3 trophies. for some reason the 60gb ps3 was impossible to play that game on but other ps3s worked not great but better lol. also mafia2 took me 6 years to finish the last dlc trophies, everytime i kept trying to get it i just kept failing and failing

but also i have games that took 8 years because i had stopped playing them and always wanted to get back to them and literally it took me 8 years to get back to them lol.

also it gets confusing when dlc comes, because you can get the plat in x amount of time, but then you finished the dlc and then it changes the time to completed time overall. so theres "platinumed in" and "completed in" 

bomberman took me 8 years. when the game came out i didnt even know about trophy guides. a few of my friends had it and they finished the multiplayer without me. i didnt have anyone to play with and didnt know i could use split screen for some of the trophies. i put it to the side for 8 years LOL. and kept saying to myself i like that game ima finish it one of these days. i usually play games i reallllly like alot and when i finish them i go back to working on these smaller games i like until i find another bigger game. like ill play borderlands for example and put alot of time in, finish it, then play a fun little board game like family feud that i like alot but get sick of fast lol, then hop back onto another big game like dead island

22050207_10210350380056983_6118770457175

also i finally got "completed" on resident evil 5, it took 8 years as well. that game was another bad experience for me. i had my ps3 crash and lost my saves, bought a usb drive and that was bad and lost my saves on that. i ended up doing the professional playthroughs multiple times and losing all my money each time and not being able to unlock the character. i had to keep giving up it tired me. recently i finally dedicated myself to finished the last few dlc trophies i needed and got 100%

22089936_10210350380016982_2482571429948

i also want to go back and find "wanted weapons of fate" a friend had let me borrow it 8 years ago and i only got 40%. i can never find it locally at any gamestores so ill prob get it online one day. that will be another 8 year+ game when i get finished lol

Edited by melodicmizery

1L73188f.png

3D Dot Game Heroes

6 years 4 months

Two words: Dash Circuit. The undisputed worst mini game in video game history. Imagine "Flappy Goat" from Goat Simulator times 100.  I really had to push myself through some pain and frustration to finish it. So fucking glad to be done with it . . .

Burnout Paradise - 6 years, 7 months, 3 weeks xD 

(100% including DLC)

Platinum was in 6 years, 3 months 

Had most of it done, and kind of forgot about it, until a gaming buddy said he was doing it so I joined in

Ironically he did it in just over a week lol :D

Edited by TheBritishBaron

Oh, I thought this was objectively longest (which is probably Star Ocean 4) and not our longest.

Mine is Tales of Vesperia in 7 years and 11 months.

I dropped it because at the time of release there weren't any complete databases in english. Not knowing japanese there were several parts that I could complete by myself.

Some sidequests, lots of missable stuff and the requirement of 100% of everything. None of that 95% easy sauce that allows for mistakes.

I came back to it just recently after looking at the guide here. With complete info I could easily find out what I was missing so I completed it in another 10 or 15 hours.

• 2 months later...

Metal Gear Solid 2 12/2011-2/2015 and Prince of Persia 12/2008-2/2012, Prototype -7/2009-1/2013

On 10/2/2017 at 6:02 AM, Bullstomp said:

1L73188f.png

3D Dot Game Heroes

6 years 4 months

Two words: Dash Circuit. The undisputed worst mini game in video game history. Imagine "Flappy Goat" from Goat Simulator times 100.  I really had to push myself through some pain and frustration to finish it. So fucking glad to be done with it . . .

agreed, what really sucks is in Japan NG+ you get ALL swords, over here we only got the Block King swords after a patch.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer