TTK Issues with Vanilla

TheYuriG

So, let me get this straight, I'm locked out of choosing whatever PvP mode I want to play, can't do weekly yet, my level can't go higher than 34 and I can't play the vanguard strikes that reward me with legendary marks either? I CAN'T TEST THE WEAPONS EITHER BECAUSE THEY ARE 38 NOW!

So this is like what, Bungie giving me the middle finger for not buying their DLC?

Hoping to see some clarification that I'm wrong on this, because I'm quite pissed right now. I got a few legendaries at 40 already and it seems that I won't be able to use them, neither can I unlock the full legendary trophy now because of that.

EDIT: Found a reddit thread stating all the changes and all the things that have been taken away from vanilla owners. https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3l4zb5/those_left_behind_removed_content_and_what_its/

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

Same thing happened when The Dark Below dropped. You don't have the expansion, then you don't get to access the content tied to it.

Leveling isn't tied to the expansion, I was able to hit 34 without barely playing any of the DLC before. I did ONE Osiris, but that was it.

Everything now is tied to legendary marks and I still don't see anyway to get them without the DLC, neither how to level up without having that. The next Iron Banner we get is going to completely broken if you don't own DLC. Having 2 levels difference before wasn't such a big deal, but 6? Fuck all of us.

• Like 1

Leveling isn't tied to the expansion, I was able to hit 34 without barely playing any of the DLC before. I did ONE Osiris, but that was it.

Everything now is tied to legendary marks and I still don't see anyway to get them without the DLC, neither how to level up without having that. The next Iron Banner we get is going to completely broken if you don't own DLC. Having 2 levels difference before wasn't such a big deal, but 6? Fuck all of us.

Leveling is tied to the expansions. This isn't new. You couldn't reach 32 in TDB without running CE and the only way to get to 34 with HoW without the expansion was with etheric light that you bought from IB (we had to wait three weeks on that) or be fortunate enough to get one from a nightfall. You're absolutely right about Iron Banner going to be pain while underleveled though.

Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 1

Leveling is tied to the expansions. This isn't new. You couldn't reach 32 in TDB without running CE and the only way to get to 34 with HoW without the expansion was with etheric light that you bought from IB (we had to wait three weeks on that) or be fortunate enough to get one from a nightfall. You're absolutely right about Iron Banner going to be pain while underleveled though.

I was expecting to keep playing the game after I get my platinum, but I decided I won't. Tired of Bungie's shit.

BTW, I'm getting my friend's ps4 this weekend and leveling to 40 with all 3 characters. Fuck you bungie.

• Like 1

I was expecting to keep playing the game after I get my platinum, but I decided I won't. Tired of Bungie's shit.

BTW, I'm getting my friend's ps4 this weekend and leveling to 40 with all 3 characters. Fuck you bungie.

I understand your point of view on DLC and I respect that even though I see it differently. Unfortunately, I'm sure you can expect more of the same in the years to come with Activision at the helm. 

Glad you found a workaround though. 

WTF, right?

All the Crucible game type modes have been locked out in favour of 'classic' modes that have been put below them. So we can't play any Control or Salvage on their own unless we fork out £40 for an expansion... We have to play a mix? This is truly a massive fuck you to everybody who's played from the start.

I seriously hope that no-one buys this and Bungie realise they've made a huge mistake, lowering the price in the process... Because as much as I like Destiny, it's not the best game ever, and there's no way in hell I'm paying the price of a full game just for an expansion.

I'm not mad, Bungie, I'm just disappointed.

Edited by Half-H3ro

WTF, right?

All the Crucible game type modes have been locked out in favour of 'classic' modes that have been put below them. So we can't play any Control or Salvage on their own unless we fork out £40 for an expansion... We have to play a mix? This is truly a massive fuck you to everybody who's played from the start.

I seriously hope that no-one buys this and Bungie realise they've made a huge mistake, lowering the price in the process... Because as much as I like Destiny, it's not the best game ever, and there's no way in hell I'm paying the price of a full game just for an expansion.

I'm not mad, Bungie, I'm just disappointed

I disagree. It's more of a fuck you to people that didn't purchase their expansion. You're no longer able to access some of the pvp parts of the game because it has new expansion content in it. I don't see much difference between this and EA closing the server on a sports game after a year. Ultimately, it's up to you on whether or not you want to buy the year 2 version of Destiny or not if you want to continue playing.

This is how Activision does business. Everyone should know before buying into Destiny that it is game that constantly changes. How many games are supported after a year anymore? I feel Bungie is entitled to be paid for their continued support and new content. I don't agree on the pricing, but that's the world we live in. 

Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 1

They've said for months that you would only be able to reach level 40 if you had purchased TTK.  Don't blame them for your inability to read. ;)

Source and I lock this thread on my own stupidity or GTFO if you are making that up.

I disagree. It's more of a fuck you to people that didn't purchase their expansion. You're no longer able to access some of the pvp parts of the game because it has new expansion content in it. I don't see much difference between this and EA closing the server on a sports game after a year. Ultimately, it's up to you on whether or not you want to buy the year 2 version of Destiny or not if you want to continue playing.

They should have made the game with the monthly subscription like they tried to beforehand instead of this. What is even the point of buying the vanilla game now if you can't do shit? Prior to TTK, you could grind like a whore for rep and marks and buy 32 stuff from the crucible and vanguard vendors, now you can't even do that! Go VOG or go home!

I find it funny everyone expects non-dlc owners to still get stuff welcome to apparently your first mmo type game.

Locking the best stuff behind dlc is common, locking everything, even stuff you had before is bullshit. Destiny isn't even an MMO, stop being retarded.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

Source and I lock this thread on my own stupidity or GTFO if you are making that up.

https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---09032015/en/News/News?aid=13453

Character Level Cap for all players will be raised to 34

Level Cap for The Taken King will be 40

https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---09082015/en/News/News?aid=13474

Character Level Cap will be increased to 40 on 9/15 (requires The Taken King)

This of course ignores everything except the official news posts (i.e. not including tweets, videos, forums, etc.)

Edited by Quikdrawjoe
  • Like 1

https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---09032015/en/News/News?aid=13453

https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---09082015/en/News/News?aid=13474

This of course ignores everything except the official news posts (i.e. not including tweets, videos, forums, etc.)

I watched all their streams and read all the news Paige posted and that was never mentioned. Props to you for proving I was wrong, it was my fault to never check their official website.

My question is this (albeit a dumb one). Is the plat still attainable without owning TTK? I know dlc usually don't have affect on platinums but I am a little confused after reading some things now being locked out and what now. Can someone clarify for me?

I do plan on getting TTK but it may still be another week or so.

My question is this (albeit a dumb one). Is the plat still attainable without owning TTK? I know dlc usually don't have affect on platinums but I am a little confused after reading some things now being locked out and what now. Can someone clarify for me?

As it is right now, there is no way to get a legendary ghost without the DLC nor use the ones you can get since you can't reach 40, so the trophy for full legendary armor is impossible for non dlc owners. Everything else should be doable as previously, there is no more cap to marks, but upon reaching the first level of any of the 2 factions, it should award you the trophy for it.

As it is right now, there is no way to get a legendary ghost without the DLC nor use the ones you can get since you can't reach 40, so the trophy for full legendary armor is impossible for non dlc owners. Everything else should be doable as previously, there is no more cap to marks, but upon reaching the first level of any of the 2 factions, it should award you the trophy for it.

Thanks for clarifying this for me.

For the Suited for War trophy, your Ghost rarity doesn't count as it isn't armour or a weapon.

For the Suited for War trophy, your Ghost rarity doesn't count as it isn't armour or a weapon.

Are you 100% sure? I'm quite sure I had full legendary but the ghost until yesterday and I don't have the trophy yet. I might have or have not equiped the legendary now that you say that so surely. Will test it right now, if it pops, you are right.

You are wrong.

kcgjz.jpg

No trophy.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

Since the ghost shell actually affects your ATK/DEF values now you apparently need a legendary ghost shell.  Pre 2.0 the ghost shell had no impact on stats so didn't affect the trophy.  The only way to get one (that i know of) without TTK (assuming all legendary shells in TTK are level 40) is to have pre-ordered the vanilla collector's edition of Destiny and have the "Frontier Shell."

• Like 1

They should have made the game with the monthly subscription like they tried to beforehand instead of this. What is even the point of buying the vanilla game now if you can't do shit? Prior to TTK, you could grind like a whore for rep and marks and buy 32 stuff from the crucible and vanguard vendors, now you can't even do that! Go VOG or go home!

Locking the best stuff behind dlc is common, locking everything, even stuff you had before is bullshit. Destiny isn't even an MMO, stop being retarded.

I prefer buying the expansions over having a monthly subscription. A monthly sub would be where I'd probably let go and move on.

Why isn't Destiny an MMO? I read people say this all the time, but it's my first MMO type game and I have nothing to compare it too. Either way, Bungie is still treating Destiny as a MMO and why they're selling the game the way they are.

Not a stupid question at all. There are a lot of changes that came with 2.0. DLC is usually add on content in other games. With Destiny, it's tied to the main game. Basically the vanilla game is the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the game and the expansions are the rest. If you don't buy the expansions, you may be locked out content and gear because it's all tied together.

...snip

...snip

Question for you guys...when do we unlock the artifact and will it affect the Suited trophy, also?

I prefer buying the expansions over having a monthly subscription. A monthly sub would be where I'd probably let go and move on.

Why isn't Destiny an MMO? I read people say this all the time, but it's my first MMO type game and I have nothing to compare it too. Either way, Bungie is still treating Destiny as a MMO and why they're selling the game the way they are.

With a monthly sub, there are no price changes to it and the game wouldn't lock you out of stuff like it does now. Content could have been added for free, but I wouldn't hope for it.

First of all, MMO means Massive Multiplayer Online and Destiny is online and it's multiplayer based, but isn't massive. The max you can have in one room, no matter which, is 12 people if my math is right.
Secondly, it lacks content as opposed as most MMO have. Upon launch, you had story mode, strikes and a raid. You could be done with all that in 30 hours, only reason to keep playing would be creating another character just to do the exact same thing. I won't mention it Destiny doesn't have a story, since it's a FPS, not a RPG.

There is more info and links on this post here on the B. forums, if you are interested. https://www.bungie.net/uR/Forum/Post/68260678/0/0

Question for you guys...when do we unlock the artifact and will it affect the Suited trophy, also?

Oh shit... if that affects the trophy, I'm certainly fucked.

I said mmo type game but of course you can't read hell i see your grimoire score still a baby in the game you have 2 choices buy the dlc and keep playing or don't buy the dlc and stop playing.

My grimoire score is quite high for someone without DLCs but it would be certainly higher if I had it.

You forgot the third option which is don't buy the DLC, bash Bungie and Activision for what they are doing with their marketing policies while keep playing the game and waste their server space with my game that gave no cash toward them. I find this option quite good.

Calling me a baby in the game? You seriously didn't let last time go, did you? Keep the insult coming, buddy. Warning points will eventually be given and none will come toward me.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1