TTK Issues with Vanilla

TheYuriG

Baby wasn't supposed to be an insult just so we're clear it was to mean your new (and you are for the most part) i have no ill will towards you just giving out the options you have bungie doesn't care about me or you or anyone just dollar signs especially partnering with activision. Again nothing is to insult you after playing past the taken king story i don't blame you i feel 40 was abit to much maybe the raid will change that.

• Like 1

Baby wasn't supposed to be an insult just so we're clear it was to mean your new (and you are for the most part) i have no ill will towards you just giving out the options you have bungie doesn't care about me or you or anyone just dollar signs especially partnering with activision. Again nothing is to insult you after playing past the taken king story i don't blame you i feel 40 was abit to much maybe the raid will change that.

100% agree with you now, I'm really new to the game in comparison to most people, I got the game just a few months ago if you check my profile, but I believe I made good progress so far. Also agree Bungie doesn't care about their costumers, all they care about is the $$$.

To be honest, the language used in Bungie's posts until very recently did not make it clear that you'd actually have to own The Taken King in order to make it past 34. It's stupid to tell a player, "sorry, it is literally impossible to earn experience points if you didn't cough up more dough for us". In a way, I understand that Activision is asking us to pay them and Bungie for the effort on all of the design team members as well as keeping the servers alive in a different method than monthly subscription plans, but... I'd prefer a monthly subscription plan at this point. I would like to point out, by the way, that I was Light 32 when TTK launched and I didn't (and still don't for a couple of weeks) own any of the DLC packs.

To the point of trophies, however, which is the real point of this topic and forum and website, the release of DLC should not screw up with vanilla trophies and Bungie has messed up trophies before. The Ghost shell affecting  :silver: Suited for War is a massive issue, and if the Artifact slot also affects that trophy then it's bye-bye to the :platinum: for all non-TTK owners.

TheYuriG, you're currently the best source we have here. Do not equip any Artifacts yet when you make it to 40. Try to equip a Legendary Ghost shell and see if that pops the trophy with all other weapon and armor slots Legendary-filled. If it doesn't pop the trophy until you equip a Legendary artifact... well, that's that, then.

IMO, the platinum should be available for all players that have purchased the base game. Unfortunately, trophies don't really seem to be a priority for Bungie, as evidenced by the 3+ months it took for me to be able to unlock Packing Heat. I don't think it is a malicious move, but it is frustrating the trophy requirements would change. You can now reach level 34 without any expansions though, so that is something extra they didn't really have to allow, but they did.

I will say this, anyone who buys a game that is proclaimed to be an MMO that is evolving should expect to pay more to keep playing at an end game level as the game matures. I don't understand why people can complain about this, but then be okay with the pricing for World of Warcraft? Blizzard charge you for the base game, monthly access, then hit you AGAIN for every expansion. And those expansions work in much the same way. All the old missions and quests are still there, but the end game activities require the latest expansion. I always expected that Bungie would be updating the game regularly with new expansions, and I am prepared to pay for new content. If you look at the pricing for the expansions to date, and compare that with monthly charges, it comes out about the same, so you pay less to regularly buy expansions than you would playing WoW. Ultimately, it is not Bungie that makes the price decisions, it is the publisher Activision. Bungie can only negotiate with Activision and hope that the pricing ends up being fair. Bungie were always good under the Microsoft banner, so it's unfair to assume that Bungie are trying to screw you out of your money.

When all is said and done, I played the expansion story missions yesterday, and the improvements to the storytelling are phenomenal. If you're looking for a definitive Destiny experience, you NEED to play TTK. The Raid can't be commented on as it's not released, but the rest of the improvements are by far the most impressive to date, and justify the asking price (and I paid $70 for it, yay for the AUD!).

Don't understand why people think they could level up to 40 without buying the DLC. Defeats the whole purpose of buying the expansion in the first place

To the point of trophies, however, which is the real point of this topic and forum and website, the release of DLC should not screw up with vanilla trophies and Bungie has messed up trophies before. The Ghost shell affecting  :silver: Suited for War is a massive issue, and if the Artifact slot also affects that trophy then it's bye-bye to the :platinum: for all non-TTK owners.

Sly got you covered, but I reached 34 without DLCs prior, so I thought I would be able to hit max level after TTK as well. Artifacts are only possible to equip on 40 and it's impossible to reach 40 without DLC. Also, unless you preordered the game on launch, without TTK, it's impossible to get a legendary ghost as well. The point of the DLC is to make you much more powerful in comparison to whoever don't own it, I believe.

To be honest, the language used in Bungie's posts until very recently did not make it clear that you'd actually have to own The Taken King in order to make it past 34. It's stupid to tell a player, "sorry, it is literally impossible to earn experience points if you didn't cough up more dough for us". In a way, I understand that Activision is asking us to pay them and Bungie for the effort on all of the design team members as well as keeping the servers alive in a different method than monthly subscription plans, but... I'd prefer a monthly subscription plan at this point. I would like to point out, by the way, that I was Light 32 when TTK launched and I didn't (and still don't for a couple of weeks) own any of the DLC packs.

To the point of trophies, however, which is the real point of this topic and forum and website, the release of DLC should not screw up with vanilla trophies and Bungie has messed up trophies before. The Ghost shell affecting   :silver: Suited for War is a massive issue, and if the Artifact slot also affects that trophy then it's bye-bye to the  :platinum: for all non-TTK owners.

TheYuriG, you're currently the best source we have here. Do not equip any Artifacts yet when you make it to 40. Try to equip a Legendary Ghost shell and see if that pops the trophy with all other weapon and armor slots Legendary-filled. If it doesn't pop the trophy until you equip a Legendary artifact... well, that's that, then.

I would like to hold that trophy to pop with the platinum, together with 50 ghosts and the exotic trophy. I popped the legendary trophy by mistake because I got Tomorrow's Answer from the flawless Osiris I've played on my friend's PS4 and that doesn't require ascending. MRW the trophy popped

giphy.gif

By the way, when my friend logged my account on his PS4 to do the leveling, I got a legendary ghost shell from pre-ordering. I could try putting all that right now and see if it pops. I already have an artifact on the warlock, so I'm expecting that to be auto-equipped when I reach 40.

IMO, the platinum should be available for all players that have purchased the base game. Unfortunately, trophies don't really seem to be a priority for Bungie, as evidenced by the 3+ months it took for me to be able to unlock Packing Heat. I don't think it is a malicious move, but it is frustrating the trophy requirements would change. You can now reach level 34 without any expansions though, so that is something extra they didn't really have to allow, but they did.

It's on sony's policies that all main base game trophies must be attained with the vanilla game. It doesn't stop developers to put shit grinds there that you can save time if you buy DLCs (BF4 has this example with the handguns trophy). I did reach 34 prior to TTK without any dlcs too, just took me a while to gather all etheric lights, but that was it.

Edited by TheYuriG

Legendary Ghost IS required for Suited For War trophy. Can't say if artifacts also are as they are level 40 only and I can't unequip and only one I have (that also is legendary).

kdR4R.jpg

I've taken the best decision possible last night and dismantled the legendary ghost my friend got when logging in his TTK PS4 and now I don't have any legendary ghosts, fuck me. How can one be so stupid?

So I finally managed to buy a legendary ghost using my friend's PS4 to grind out legendary marks and

kgzID.jpg

found out that platinum is impossible if you don't have TTK. No TTK = no artifact = no Suited For War trophy. Will further test this to see if ghosts are required or not.

Further tested, answer is positive.

kgzOg.jpg

A legendary ghost IS required for the trophy. Vanilla players, the platinum is impossible for us unless someone with TTK can at least powerlevel us.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, I just saw that I had previously tested if ghost was needed or not, LMAO.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1