multiplayer trophies bugged?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had any trouble with those, they popped just fine.  My issue is with the 50 matches played.  Admittedly I haven't been keeping track but it really feels like it should have popped by now, anyone else had issues with this?

Yes. We have played well over 50. I'm wondering how the people who have it got it. One sitting? Same two characters? Did player two sit idle or at least make a match or get a point? We played "normally" with both players trying (and probably split wins and losses) but have resorted to player 1 winning every game, playing as the same character vs. the same opponent, with player two making enough matches to get a point but player one winning. We're probably approaching 100 games. Been doing a dozen plus every day, sometimes twice or three times per day, About to give up on it.

I'm pretty sure the 50 snowball fights on PS4 is glitchy, at least for some people.  The trophy has a higher earn % on PS3 with fewer people playing it. I played five more games this morning.  Still no trophy. 

We are also playing this on the Xbox One.  It's tracking properly (I wish the PS4 had this feature).  We played a few different ways, including allowing player 2 to win, and the % always went up as it should.  

Something's definitely wrong on the PS4. 

Edit: I wonder if you need to play 50 games that go all three rounds?  Or if it's just glitch city. :-(

Edited by kiskiboy97

I'm pretty sure the 50 snowball fights on PS4 is glitchy, at least for some people.  The trophy has a higher earn % on PS3 with fewer people playing it. I played five more games this morning.  Still no trophy. 

We are also playing this on the Xbox One.  It's tracking properly (I wish the PS4 had this feature).  We played a few different ways, including allowing player 2 to win, and the % always went up as it should.  

Something's definitely wrong on the PS4. 

Edit: I wonder if you need to play 50 games that go all three rounds?  Or if it's just glitch city. :-(

I had a thought, were you playing with player 2 logged in as 'Guest' or as an actual user?  I've been doing all my games with a guest and nothing, so if you were using an actual user its hopeless, but if you were using a guest to maybe we still have a chance.  lol

I had a thought, were you playing with player 2 logged in as 'Guest' or as an actual user?  I've been doing all my games with a guest and nothing, so if you were using an actual user its hopeless, but if you were using a guest to maybe we still have a chance.  lol

Sadly I was using a real user (my wife's account).  I sure would like to know why it seems randomly bugged for some people and not others.  I do think the skewered percentages between PS3 and PS4 strongly suggest it's messed up. 

Well, mine finally popped.  I would venture I played somewhere in the ballpark of 175-200 matches, a few here and there since launch.  Your post (and another I saw somewhere else) made me think that maybe it depends on WHEN you log in player two, whether it's before you launch the game or afterwards.  I think that for most of our early games we logged in player 2 (my wife's account) AFTER launching the game.  I played maybe 8 today when I made sure to log in both profiles before launching the game, and it popped.  Finally!  Not sure if I will ever get the last two trophies I need (my wife loves the game and is good at it, so who knows) but I am just glad to have conquered the trophy. :)

In short the PS4 version seems very picky about what it considers multiplayer.  I think the trophy earn rate is higher on PS3 because you don't actually log into a second account.  Here I think both accounts need to be logged in before launching the game.  Just a hypothesis of someone who has been working on this for a long time. :)

Edited by kiskiboy97

Well, mine finally popped.  I would venture I played somewhere in the ballpark of 175-200 matches, a few here and there since launch.  Your post (and another I saw somewhere else) made me think that maybe it depends on WHEN you log in player two, whether it's before you launch the game or afterwards.  I think that for most of our early games we logged in player 2 (my wife's account) AFTER launching the game.  I played maybe 8 today when I made sure to log in both profiles before launching the game, and it popped.  Finally!  Not sure if I will ever get the last two trophies I need (my wife loves the game and is good at it, so who knows) but I am just glad to have conquered the trophy. :)

In short the PS4 version seems very picky about what it considers multiplayer.  I think the trophy earn rate is higher on PS3 because you don't actually log into a second account.  Here I think both accounts need to be logged in before launching the game.  Just a hypothesis of someone who has been working on this for a long time. :)

Thanks!  I'll start trying this, since the beginning I've been logging in player two after starting the game.  You also mention only playing a few of 200 here and there....I'm starting to wonder if its as simple as playing one game a day for 50 days.  I'm trying anything at this point  lol  and for a game I pretty much hate    Anyways, CONGRATS!

Thanks!  I'll start trying this, since the beginning I've been logging in player two after starting the game.  You also mention only playing a few of 200 here and there....I'm starting to wonder if its as simple as playing one game a day for 50 days.  I'm trying anything at this point  lol  and for a game I pretty much hate    Anyways, CONGRATS!

Good luck!  Let me know if you get it with this method. 

• 1 month later...

So, I've been playing this here and there to the point of getting the will to hunt for the 50 mp matches. This weekend my wife and I tallied 51 matches without popping the trophy. We logged in before launching the game and used different characters sometimes so perhaps this has something to do with it. Also noticed that when we backed out to the launch screen her profile name wasn't shown in the upper left hand corner of the screen like it was on launch. Perhaps this has something to do with our lack of trophy here?

Any new theories or bits of advice from anyone? 

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My sister and i just got the 10 characters trophy, she was playing as P1 on her Vita and me as P2 with the PS4 controller, i set my controller on "guest", we had all characters unlocked except for Summer Olaf and went from Marshmallow to Sven... so that means we got the trophy by only playing as 9 characters.

We did try this trophy months ago when she unlocked all characters but Marshmallow (this was her last character) but it didn't unlock, so i think you need to "own" all characters to get this trophy?

She didn't beat all winter levels yet so you can get this without beating the whole single-player.

When she got this trophy her name was on the main menu of the game when we booted it up, i think this had something to do with it. There was a point where i came back to check the main menu and her name (PSN ID) wasn't there, so i told her to close the game and start it up again and it was there, then the trophy popped after we played two matches. She played as the different characters while i played as whatever.

One day we will tackle the 50 matches trophy... it seems you have to do it all in one go, we haven't tried that yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 7:50 PM, renatabls said:

One day we will tackle the 50 matches trophy... it seems you have to do it all in one go, we haven't tried that yet.

That's definitely not true. I play this occasionally with my daughter and eventually the trophy just popped after just a few matches that evening.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...