How does trophies work on PS4 regarding remote playing on another account? (Read post!)

TheYuriG

So my friend has a PS4 and for a while now I use my vita to use my account on his PS4 as a second player, but everything has been shit and giggles until today, when he unlocked a MKX trophy on my account when he was playing on his. Please note that we played together a lot of games by now and no trophies were ever unlocked on my account until this day. His account is DanielDCN, we did Resogun, Guacamelee!, injustice and a couple other games before and I didn't have trouble until today.

Why did the trophy unlock only today? As far as I know, lists aren't added to your account unless you open the game on it and I'm sure he didn't on mine so far... until today. I can't say for certain that it worked alright today as I wasn't there this time, could have he lied to me and opened the game on my account by accident (or not...) and said he didn't? I have no idea how MKX works, but he said he needed a second player for boosting reputation or level, I can't say.

That said, I'm only making this post because I'm really on the fence about thinking he did it on purpose. He kept saying that he would play the game for me and shit, but dude, no, I hate Mortal Kombat. Did something went different this time or did he load the game on purpose on my account to make me play it? He knows I have OCPD and I would need to do the game eventually (well, if he did it on purpose, fuck him because I'm hiding it shamelessly).

Any input toward 'he is innocent' is appreciated. For blaming him guilt I have myself already. By the way, he told me the trophy was unlocked, I said to him delete my account and info and it should have gone away, but it didn't, for some reason. I checked my trophies here on PSNP and through my ps3 profile (recent trophies show there as images) and nothing was wrong, the MKX trophy wasn't there. I re-entered my info on his console again, went to check my trophies and MKX was there with 1%. Wonder why this works on the PS3 but not on the PS4.

Edited by TheYuriG

I know nothing about remote play but I do know some games allow both players whilst playing on separate accounts on one tv earning trophies simultaneously. 

Also it was about time you added MKX to your list because that game is the bomb!

Edited by Goekie
  • Like 1

Looking at your trophy list, it looks like that trophy was won by accident. Most likely he was trying to get the "Only a Real Master" trophy and didn't have enough time (you have to beat your opponent while they have 90% health while you have 10%, and he couldn't get that 90% down when time ran out).

Hiding works, but your Vita won't hide it. I've got GTA5 hidden since I only have 2 trophies in it and the PS4/PS3 won't show it, but the Vita sure does.

Looking at your trophy list, it looks like that trophy was won by accident. Most likely he was trying to get the "Only a Real Master" trophy and didn't have enough time.

Hiding works, but your Vita won't hide it. I've got GTA5 hidden since I only have 2 trophies in it and the PS4/PS3 won't show it, but the Vita sure does.

He has that trophy, he only needs some faction stuff and kombat emblems or whatever.

The lists will still show up for me, no matter which platform, vita or PS4, but they won't show on this site and that's what matters me, since I will forget about it eventually so I won't be bothered for long.

Also it was about time you added MKX to your list because that game is the bomb!

I don't own a PS4, I play on his when he travels on the weekends, so I try to avoid playing long games on it since I have no idea when I'll be able to play again. I have no interest whatsoever in MKX though.

Edited by TheYuriG

I know nothing about remote play but I do know some games allow both players whilst playing on separate accounts on one tv earning trophies simultaneously.

I don't own a PS4, I play on his when he travels on the weekends, so I try to avoid playing long games on it since I have no idea when I'll be able to play again. I have no interest whatsoever in MKX though.

Well sorry Yuri, but this is all your fault. The ability to let different players earn trophies for their account whilst being player 2 was a feature the PS4 had when it launched. I'm guessing you had no idea this was a thing and ended up earning a trophy while you were playing MP with him.

He has that trophy, he only needs some faction stuff and kombat emblems or whatever.

The lists will still show up for me, no matter which platform, vita or PS4, but they won't show on this site and that's what matters me, since I will forget about it eventually so I won't be bothered for long.

What do you mean wont show up on this site?

Theres a big fat scorpion on your trophy card bro

I use remote play all the time with my PS Vita but same account it and my PS4.  

Anyhow, remote play is just a remote connection to a PS4 system so you must have a profile on your friends PS4 and he must have logged in (boosting maybe) with your profile which unlocked the trophy for you.  That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of.

Deleting profile etc won't help if the PS4 system had already started a sync so that probably explains that.

Honestly people, the title says clearly "read post" and it seems like some of you aren't even bothering. I know it might be a wall of text, but I think I cleared up most of the doubts there.

Well sorry Yuri, but this is all your fault. The ability to let different players earn trophies for their account whilst being player 2 was a feature the PS4 had when it launched. I'm guessing you had no idea this was a thing and ended up earning a trophy while you were playing MP with him.

You didn't even read the OP...

Please note that we played together a lot of games by now and no trophies were ever unlocked on my account until this day. His account is DanielDCN, we did Resogun, Guacamelee!, injustice and a couple other games before and I didn't have trouble until today.

It isn't my fault, if trophies were unlocked previously, I would know it's a constant thing, but this was the first time it happened.

What do you mean wont show up on this site?

Theres a big fat scorpion on your trophy card bro

I was replying to the guy, talking about hiding the game. It will still show up on my consoles, but won't show up here anymore, you see?

I use remote play all the time with my PS Vita but same account it and my PS4.  

Anyhow, remote play is just a remote connection to a PS4 system so you must have a profile on your friends PS4 and he must have logged in (boosting maybe) with your profile which unlocked the trophy for you.  That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of.

Deleting profile etc won't help if the PS4 system had already started a sync so that probably explains that.

I have my profile there, mentioned it on the OP, I used to play Destiny on his PS4 and did also play Bastion and his sister there. Also mentioned on the OP that I lent him the vita so he could boost whatever he wanted in split screen. Also mentioned that the trophies were not synced prior to account deletion since I checked the trophies here (updated my profile) and through the PS3 prior to deletion.

I have gone through all the obvious stuff here, people.

You didn't even read the OP...

I did. You just have an immensely confusing situation that most people don't deal with.

I read it several times now. My only guess at this point is that he did open the game on your account. Is he a trophy hunter as well? Does he plan on platting this game?

• Like 1

It's probably a bug or your friend is a terrible liar. nothing to worry about lol

I'm hoping it isn't the latter :(

Well, a game I don't intend ever playing is now on my account, it's something for me to worry about... until I hide it.

I did. You just have an immensely confusing situation that most people don't deal with.

I read it several times now. My only guess at this point is that he did open the game on your account. Is he a trophy hunter as well? Does he plan on platting this game?

I know... most people can afford their own PS4s by now, but I still can't.

I suppose that is what he did as well, the trophy I got was for winning by timeout. If I won, that means he lost, right? He wouldn't want to lose if he was boosting reputation, I believe.

Yes he is, everyone that plays next to me becomes a trophy hunter eventually. My ex gf had became one, my best friend did and now my neighboor is as well. My sister still isn't one because she is on the X-force of gaming. He is almost done with the game, I linked his profile on the OP as well, he needs like 3 more trophies and he is done.