Gravity Rush Remastered and Gravity Rush 2

Artemisthemp

I've been waiting so long for this, it was already common knowledge that this is what would happen, but to have them both officially announced is still a good thing. Not sure if I'll pick up Gravity Rush 1 again though, solely because I doubt I'll be able to give it the time it deserves when it comes out (expecting a mini me to pop out around February 20)

Really enjoyed Gravity Rush.  Had the right balance of fun and challenge.  Some of those challenges were a real pain to gold medal, but sooo rewarding when finally accomplished.  I really felt (and still do) that Gravity Rush was the perfect game for the PS Vita.  It really made full use of the capabilities, controls and features unique to the Vita.  REALLY disappointed that Gravity Rush 2 isn't being made/released for the Vita.  Imo, it should be the flagship title for the Vita as far as future sequels.  Oh well.  "The powers that be" have other ideas. :(

future sequels.

inb4 GD3 Vita-exclusive :awesome:

I love Gravity Daze as much as my other Vita games, but I don't want it to become long running series. Imo they should end the story with this sequel.

And since I'm on it, I'm a bit pessimistic about possible future sequels...

As much as I don't want it happening, right now I can only see sequel failing... casuals won't buy it because too Japanese, most Vita owners boycott it... so... who remains? Only loyal Kat fans...

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

I love Gravity Daze as much as my other Vita games, but I don't want it to become long running series. Imo they should end the story with this sequel.

As much as I don't want it happening, right now I can only see sequel failing... casuals won't buy it because too Japanese, most Vita owners boycott it... so... who remains? Only loyal Kat fans...

I think you might have a point there, Satoshi.  Who knows?  As far as Vita owners boycotting it, I don't know.  Let's just say as far as I'm concerned I would have been more excited for the title if it was being released on the Vita.  I dunno.  In my mind, Gravity Rush is a Vita game.  We'll see how it all shakes out and how well it sells for the PS4.  As far as multi-sequels, story-wise you may be right.  How much life, story-wise, does Gravity Rush have?  Again, who knows?  My point (and it's just my opinion is all) is it would have been real swell if GR2 was being released for the PS Vita.  That's all.  Jmo.

• Like 1

Sony's betting on larger userbase. You could kind of see it as 2nd try after Tearaway port flop to see if it's worth it.

About it being long running I wouldn't worry about that. Max trilogy and that's what would do it justice the most. At least as far as I'm concerned

I think you might have a point there, Satoshi.  Who knows?  As far as Vita owners boycotting it, I don't know.  Let's just say as far as I'm concerned I would have been more excited for the title if it was being released on the Vita.  I dunno.  In my mind, Gravity Rush is a Vita game.  We'll see how it all shakes out and how well it sells for the PS4.  As far as multi-sequels, story-wise you may be right.  How much life, story-wise, does Gravity Rush have?  Again, who knows?  My point (and it's just my opinion is all) is it would have been real swell if GR2 was being released for the PS Vita.  That's all.  Jmo.

They should have gone for ps4/vita. Even if Vita version would be utter s**t (and that's what it would be) it would shut up people at least during this period. And even if bad that port would pay for that little work they would put into it. Considering there would be more sequels they could go ps4 only blaming it on negative reception of Vita version and all that.

• Like 1

Sony's betting on larger userbase. You could kind of see it as 2nd try after Tearaway port flop to see if it's worth it.

About it being long running I wouldn't worry about that. Max trilogy and that's what would do it justice the most. At least as far as I'm concerned

Trilogy could be valid considering Japan loves trilogies (ZE, Neps, Ateliers, Dangan, ...)

Excellent, a PS4 revamp will be great.  Although I don't look forward to getting the gold again in rift plane health race. That was hellish with many a rage quit.

I'm trying to remember that one.  Was that a main game one for the platinum or the magma race for the 100%?  All I know is I spent probably close to ohh I dunno 7 hours or so maybe on the Rift Plane Magma Health Race for the 100%.  At least I think that's the one it was.  It was a DLC that I do remember.  What a bitch that was! LOL

They should have gone for ps4/vita. Even if Vita version would be utter s**t (and that's what it would be) it would shut up people at least during this period. And even if bad that port would pay for that little work they would put into it. Considering there would be more sequels they could go ps4 only blaming it on negative reception of Vita version and all that.

Kuroda, why do you say the Vita version would be complete shit?  The original GR for the Vita was imo pretty damn good.  Not trying to challenge you here.  Just wondering is all.

Trilogy could be valid considering Japan loves trilogies (ZE, Neps, Ateliers, Dangan, ...)

Dosn't Nep have 4 mainline games?

I'm interested in seeing how these games play on a home console...its definitely going to make or break if I get Gravity Rush 2. The controls and camera were half the battle for me on the Vita!

You aren't the only one. That's why I'm worried if it'll do well or not because if they won't try to fix it a bit in remake it could lower the possible audience even more.

• Like 1

I'm trying to remember that one.  Was that a main game one for the platinum or the magma race for the 100%?  All I know is I spent probably close to ohh I dunno 7 hours or so maybe on the Rift Plane Magma Health Race for the 100%.  At least I think that's the one it was.  It was a DLC that I do remember.  What a bitch that was! LOL

Kuroda, why do you say the Vita version would be complete shit?  The original GR for the Vita was imo pretty damn good.  Not trying to challenge you here.  Just wondering is all.

It was the one from the DLC.  Almost a 5 minute race from what I remember and needed to be perfect. Found it difficult but like most gaming, got there after practice (eventually).

• Like 1

Sorry for late reply I kind of missed it. I just think that they would focus mainly on doing PS4 version and do Vita version only as a half-assed port of that version. It's pretty obvious that they gave up on supporting Vita with first party. I might have presented it as fact so of course there is a chance they would do it properly I just don't trust them enough to believe that.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed Gravity Rush on Vita, but the sequel on PS4 is not a bad decision from Sony, more powerful system means better drawing distance, graphics. And we can still play it through remote play on Vita.

And I definitely want remastered of the 1 on PS4, as it'll include all dlc, which are unavailable to buy now.

• Like 1

Someone already commented on Tearaway, but how's that doing? Is it selling well?

TGS been great so far, danganronpa 3 announced, new vanillaware game revealed, gravity rush 2/remaster, bloodborne expansion looks great, yakuza 6, new miku game and nioh looks interesting. Only thing left now to complete the set is persona 5 release date announcement on the 19th.