Gravity Rush Remastered and Gravity Rush 2

Artemisthemp

Am I the only one thinking Gravity Rush though an interesting Vita game had its flaws. I mean yes in some ways it was an amazing handheld game, but if it was on home consoles the basic combat and that OP dive kick meant combat and gameplay wasn't all that intersting. I'm glad this is getting a sequel, but half of the reason this felt good was with my vita I could tilt the whole world and see my character fall accordingly. On this version I have to look one way and waggle my controller all over the place in another. It doesn't seem like a control system i'll enjoy.

It had its falws and I would say it'll have them again. Though I don't think that experience in playing will be in any way worse on PS4

Harsh but right. People said that the game would have been limited if Japan Studio went multi-plat. People are even slating Attack On Titan for the same reasons too. The console itself is a powerhouse, it can easily run circles round the 3DS, the selection of games not so much.

That's kind of funny considering Vita has more games overall.

Actually.... one reason to get PS4.

That's how it's supposed to be interpreted ;)

Considering they enraged original fanbase it doesn't really create that much of reason to get PS4. So previous statement is the more correct one.

Talking about selection usually implies that amount of games is relevant. If you said selection of good games while it's based of your opinion it could be considered more accurate.

I can admit I should have be more clearer, like I said the console is a powerhouse and GR was perfect for the console. I just hope PS VR gets decent support because if PSVR games appears as sequel, it will be GR2 all over again.

Edited by ZeroXOF

• 1 month later...

So now that we saw some gameplay of Grav Rush 2, what are your thoughts?

I like the new added abilities, adds some needed depth to the combat. Im indifferent to the idea of having an AI partner, as long as she doesnt get in the way really. My biggest complaint is that they didnt really seem to fix the wonky camera but it'll probably be more manageable on a big TV instead of the Vita screen. The game looks stunning though and hopefully there are more environments than just the same city again. 

Also Gravity Rush Remastered got priced and its digital only $29.99, so it doesnt look like we'll be getting that cool collectors edition :/ 

Edited by Boooda
  • Like 1

So now that we saw some gameplay of Grav Rush 2, what are your thoughts?

TOO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL!

Im indifferent to the idea of having an AI partner, as long as she doesnt get in the way really. 

I'm kinda surprised Raven will be AI-only (otherwise they would definitely show how to play as her)

Also Gravity Rush Remastered got priced and its digital only $29.99, so it doesnt look like we'll be getting that cool collectors edition :/ 

Speak for yourself, North America :awesome:

http://gematsu.com/2015/10/gravity-rush-remastered-digital-only-north-america

We get it physical :awesome: :awesome:

• Like 1

TOO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL!

It really is so pretty, the destructible environments are awesome too.

I'm kinda surprised Raven will be AI-only (otherwise they would definitely show how to play as her)

I was thinking maybe she wont be the only partner you get, which is why they made them AI only...perhaps a 3rd or 4th person with abilities? :hmm:

:shakefist: 

TOO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL!

I guess that means Australia is getting it physical!

This is shaping up to be really good. It looks absolutely gorgeous. Even more so than the first game, which was pretty in itself. I'm looking forward to it :)

I'm upset that it's not on Vita considering that we Vita owners waited long enough for it, but what can you do? I hope Vita owners who also own a PS4 don't boycott this game because that really would be a shame.

In theory, if you own a PS4 and a Vita then you could play through the entire game on Vita through Remote Play, if that's any consolation. I'm gonna try playing at least some of it on Vita.

I'm on the fence about buying the Remastered version of the first game. I'm not sure if I have the willpower to get Gold in those challenges all over again :)

So, here's more stuff about Gravity Rush 2.

GR2-Asyncrhonous-MP.jpg

Gravity Rush 2 director Keiichiro Toyama shared new details on the upcoming PlayStation 4 title during an interview with PlayStation France at Paris Games Week last week.

Get the information below.

PlayStation 4 Hardware

“We can do a number of new things thanks to the fact that the game is for PlayStation 4. There is still plenty to improve. This is a great platform, so we can develop and make use of incredible techniques.”

New Combat Modes

“The previous title only had Normal mode, which was rather simple and linear. But many players have asked us to add something new. So we added two new modes. But the controls are roughly similar. You will be able to use the same commands, but other actions as well. You will be able to choose how to fight the way you want.”

Multiplayer

“As far as a multiplayer mode goes, the gravity actions would be far too limited. So we decided to eliminate that downright. But we’re preparing several gimmicks that connect you with friends in an asynchronous manner. These will be announced later.”

Gravity Rush Remastered

“The remastered version of
Gravity Rush
will be released in early 2016. The exact date is not yet announced. But it will be before
Gravity Rush 2
. [Editor’s Note: The date is fixed. It’s February 9 in North America and February 10 in Europe.] It will include the three downloadable contents that were released separately. It will also include the new Gallery Mode, where you will find images of characters and artworks.”

PlayStation VR

“For now, we don’t expect to make a version of the game for PlayStation VR. But the team has been working on a prototype for virtual reality and it works very well. I’m finding this new platform to be very interesting. You should keep an eye on it.”

Gravity Rush 2 is due out for PlayStation 4 in 2016.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/11/gravity-rush-2-teases-asynchronous-multiplayer#p8XB1GiFpl2vLZXs.99

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so it's actually physical in NA as well. =D

Americans want weeb gamezzzzz! :awesome:

http://gematsu.com/2015/11/gravity-rush-remastered-north-american-retail-release-confirmed

Gah! I still can't like things, but this is good news! Will probably buy it, now(never did play the DLC, anyways). 

And no Vita version for the sequel is unfortunate.. But a sequel is better than no sequel, so I'll take it.  ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been waiting so long for this, it was already common knowledge that this is what would happen, but to have them both officially announced is still a good thing. Not sure if I'll pick up Gravity Rush 1 again though, solely because I doubt I'll be able to give it the time it deserves when it comes out (expecting a mini me to pop out around February 20)

HA! Fuck you, past me! I pre-ordered it (usually only do this for launch events, or to secure a copy when I doubt they'll have many) and plat'd it casually in 2 days. How the fuck did I think this game was time consuming, it's tiny! I mean, it's a great game, I absolutely loved replaying it, I'm still dying for the sequel, but merciful Zeus, this game is so damn small. Even the 3 DLC packs add, at best, another hour or so to the table. Hopefully number 2 is a bit longer.

HA! Fuck you, past me! I pre-ordered it (usually only do this for launch events, or to secure a copy when I doubt they'll have many) and plat'd it casually in 2 days. How the fuck did I think this game was time consuming, it's tiny! I mean, it's a great game, I absolutely loved replaying it, I'm still dying for the sequel, but merciful Zeus, this game is so damn small. Even the 3 DLC packs add, at best, another hour or so to the table. Hopefully number 2 is a bit longer.

I did it in just over 3 in maybe about three or four sessions, which I think most likely has to do with me knowing the game better on account of Platting the Vita version as well. Even so, the Vita version didn't take long at all either. I played it for a bit last year, didn't play it for like seven months and then when I picked it up got the Plat in about a week, so no it isn't a particularly long game at all, even with the DLC (which in the Vita version maybe took about an hour or so each due to some of the challenges). The PS4 controls also make it even easier (especially the slide races), but I still think it's a marvelous game with a level of care that not many games have today. I just hope 2 runs as well as Remastered did because Bluepoint did a really good job with it. 

I do think despite this though the completion percentage will go down to something comparable to the Vita version on account of it being exactly the same list once more people get it (saw it at 44% which is ridiculous but it seems to have gone down to 29%), but I would probably say it was leagues easier not even counting my experience with the Vita version, so something around 22% would probably be acceptable in the end. 

Edited by LunchCannon54

I did it in just over 3 in maybe about three or four sessions, which I think most likely has to do with me knowing the game better on account of Platting the Vita version as well. Even so, the Vita version didn't take long at all either. I played it for a bit last year, didn't play it for like seven months and then when I picked it up got the Plat in about a week, so no it isn't a particularly long game at all, even with the DLC (which in the Vita version maybe took about an hour or so each due to some of the challenges). The PS4 controls also make it even easier (especially the slide races), but I still think it's a marvelous game with a level of care that not many games have today. I just hope 2 runs as well as Remastered did because Bluepoint did a really good job with it. 

I do think despite this though the completion percentage will go down to something comparable to the Vita version on account of it being exactly the same list once more people get it (saw it at 44% which is ridiculous but it seems to have gone down to 29%), but I would probably say it was leagues easier not even counting my experience with the Vita version, so something around 22% would probably be acceptable in the end. 

The Vita version was on PS+ though, so there'd be a bunch of people who bought it, played it for five minutes, and dumped it, thus bringing down it's completion percentage. 

With you on the PS4 controls though, I turned off the motion thing when I played it on my Vita but even still, playing it with a controller just works so much better for that style of game.