Toukiden 2 PS4/PS3/PS Vita

Superbuu3

Source gematsu:

• To bring Toukiden to the forefront as a billboard title for Koei Tecmo, we wanted to quickly bring out a sequel.
  • After considering the level of immersion we wanted to give players, we opted for an open-world.
  • The game has the same world setting and time period as the first Toukiden.
  • There will be comfortable online play and an increase in the multiplayer population, but certain measures will be necessary.
  • Cross-play and cross-save are supported.
  • We want to listen to feedback in a similar way we did with the demos we’ve released in the past.
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure those games do not classify as "open world" by its definition.

If it was the same, they wouldn't need to advertise it as open world since SS and FW are classic MH hunters.

I think I get what Buu means though, as Toukiden has a loading screen each time you pass through into a new zone of the same map area (whereas SS doesn't)

If Toukiden 2 is going to be more open world, then I'm hopeful those zones and loading times are done away with (as a complete open world wouldn't make sense)

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure those games do not classify as "open world" by its definition.

If it was the same, they wouldn't need to advertise it as open world since SS and FW are classic MH hunters.

Its a buzz word and has a loose definition. Given how awful their plan sounds like rushing the game out being a selling point, I wouldn't doubt something that is as standard would be considered a big deal.

Something to look forward to after I have completed Kiwami ^_^

Something to look forward to after I start kiwami :awesome:

Its a buzz word and has a loose definition. Given how awful their plan sounds like rushing the game out being a selling point, I wouldn't doubt something that is as standard would be considered a big deal.

I don't think they would go out of their way to trying to sell it on open world if they tried to half-ass it afterwards. It would have more of negative back-lash.

I don't think they would go out of their way to trying to sell it on open world if they tried to half-ass it afterwards. It would have more of negative back-lash.

By definition anything which is continuous is an open world.

People read way too much into terms like that and think it means like GTA. We'll have a hub and various maps which won't have loading screens between rooms. Shadow of the colossus is also open world, and that is the way this will likely play out, having a corridor, bridge, cavern or other barren section instead of a loading screen isn't the biggest deal but makes it easy to use the term open world.

Also KT Family does not give two craps what Koei does as long as the game comes out, KR2 and DW6 suffered no backlash at all despite being godawful games. Its why they can release games every couple of months and i'll still buy all of them, because they're entertaining despite falling short in certain departments.

By definition anything which is continuous is an open world.

People read way too much into terms like that and think it means like GTA. We'll have a hub and various maps which won't have loading screens between rooms. Shadow of the colossus is also open world, and that is the way this will likely play out, having a corridor, bridge, cavern or other barren section instead of a loading screen isn't the biggest deal but makes it easy to use the term open world.

Also KT Family does not give two craps what Koei does as long as the game comes out, KR2 and DW6 suffered no backlash at all despite being godawful games. Its why they can release games every couple of months and i'll still buy all of them, because they're entertaining despite falling short in certain departments.

I understand that but it just seems that they are pushing it too much for it to be just minor things like you said. Well we'll see during TGS.

I understand that but it just seems that they are pushing it too much for it to be just minor things like you said. Well we'll see during TGS.

I'm going to be super cynical of any dev who says this as the first line in an interview:

To bring Toukiden to the forefront as a billboard title for Koei Tecmo, we wanted to quickly bring out a sequel.

I mean that just reads rushed to me. That said trying to have this with cities potentially being attacked by Oni that would make the game similar to Attack on Titan which will release close to this. Doesn't make sense to kill your own sales by releasing two similar games next to each other. I am a big Koei fan in general, but I know thye have a tendency to make things sound a lot better than they actually are.

Also if it is actually done fully open world the grinding is going to be dreaful as we'll have to constantly have to travel back and forth to allow enemies to respawn. Not usre if you pllayed the first game but that was a crazy grindfest.

EDIT: also open world the way i said it would still be considered a selling feature because the loading between areas was irritating and made the game feel disjointed, you also got knocked out of areas mid fight which was a pain in the ass adn reset some of the power ups.

Edited by Superbuu3

Also if it is actually done fully open world the grinding is going to be dreaful as we'll have to constantly have to travel back and forth to allow enemies to respawn. Not usre if you pllayed the first game but that was a crazy grindfest.

That's the point. I don't think that hunting game would work well with fully open world but that's what a lot of people is expecting from it now. That's why I implied there would be back-lash. For some reason people like assume things without anything actuall confirmed.

That's the point. I don't think that hunting game would work well with fully open world but that's what a lot of people is expecting from it now. That's why I implied there would be back-lash. For some reason people like assume things without anything actuall confirmed.

It will likely not make a difference, mainly because open world sounds like a bad idea so people will be 50/50 regarding whether its good or bad. Elimination of loading screens for the reasons I edited into the above post would overall get praise though.

It will likely not make a difference, mainly because open world sounds like a bad idea so people will be 50/50 regarding whether its good or bad. Elimination of loading screens for the reasons I edited into the above post would overall get praise though.

The way you said it would be perfect for the game. But with the boom of full open worlds nowadays one gets worried if they didn't get any silly ideas.

But who knows maybe they'll manage to pull of full open world and surprise many of us.

I don't really see how there would be backlash to be honest  :huh:

From playing and completing Toukiden: Age of Demons, how I interpreted open world was that there would be more "free roam" to the map instead of the zone system that's implemented at present.  It cuts down on the loading between zones.

I imagine that a lot of people who will pick up Toukiden 2 will be those already familiar with the series.

I don't really see how there would be backlash to be honest  :huh:

From playing and completing Toukiden: Age of Demons, how I interpreted open world was that there would be more "free roam" to the map instead of the zone system that's implemented at present.  It cuts down on the loading between zones.

I imagine that a lot of people who will pick up Toukiden 2 will be those already familiar with the series.

But not everyone interpreted it the same way. I saw some comments in places that were expecting full open world. Back-lash would come from these people who expected something and got something else.

Have you got any links?  Would love to see some examples of what people are saying.

I personally love Toukiden so this has piqued my interest.

Some comments here. I guess it's not that many but there are some. Though maybe I might have just misinterpreted them (EDIT: I didn't really consider other interpretation of open world than full one, that's how I meant misinterpreted. Just to be clear.)

http://gematsu.com/2015/09/toukiden-2-announced-ps4-ps3-ps-vita

Edited by KurodaKyousuke

Reminds me that i need to go and plat Toukiden but online is pretty much dead at it.

You can pretty much do all the phases solo (with the AI characters)  That's what I did anyway.

I still have my save data as I intend on playing Kiwami for my 100th platinum, so I could hop on to help for a couple of the phase missions and then you can use my ghost data :)