What Developers you dont Trust the Most?

DocVoltacon

im DONE with Konami.

I heard Capcom is trying to turn things around so we will see

Im quite sour at netherealms for the BS stunt they pulled with MKX on the ps3

Can Ubisoft even put out complete games anymore?

basically, only ones i trust are

R*

Bethesda

Namco

Netherrealm weren't making the PS3 port, it was High Voltage Software.

• Like 1

I don't like this thread guys. 

Firstly, y'all are listing publishers, not developers. What they do are very different. A dev makes a game, a publisher promotes it and sells it (sure, they have some input into things like where there will be a season pass, microtransactions, etc.)

2nd, it really isn't fair to rag on developers for decisions that are (often) forced on them by their shitty publishers. Most of them just want to make great games, and are super excited when those games are completed and are out there being played. 

So.... yeah... the only reasons to distrust a dev would be if they've made promises they couldn't keep, e.g. Peter Molyneux repeatedly overpromising and under delivering, or straight up have a track record of making bad games. 

Apart from madbuk. He is the only one to have listed developers, not publishers. 

Naughty Dog

Square Enix

• Like 4

Apart from madbuk. He is the only one to have listed developers, not publishers. 

We really need to say Ubisoft Montreal instead of Ubisoft and DICE/EA Sports instead of EA? 

Gee, too much writing :D

The second thread?

Which developers you trust the most

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Insomniac games

Bungie

Infinity ward

EA

Capcom

EA isn't a publisher?

Ubisoft as general with what they do recently, Bungie for their false promises with Destiny content size.

The batman team with Origins also won't get any of my money.

EA acts like a developer too. EA Canada makes most EA sports games iirc.

Edited by Zone Hunter

There aren't really a lot of developers I don't trust. As StrickenBiged said, it's usually the publishers who are being assholes. But if I had to choose one, it'd be Bethesda. I'm convinced the team is made up of 5 blind monkeys, because there is now way they should have so many glitches in every single game they make.

• Like 2

Are you being serious with naughty dog? They've yet to release a poor quality game in nearly 20 years. 

As for me it would be EA. Sleazy bastards. 

Yes. It's not so much about the quality of their games (although, in my opinion, The Last of Us was terrible and Uncharted is mediocre. Jak and Crash are where it's at), it's the way they treat their customers.

Lying, scheming, deceiving... I've written about it before, but here's a recap:

> Releasing Uncharted 3 on IGC but excluding MP so you had to buy it anyway if you wanted the platinum, which goes against Sony's policy of not paying any extra to obtain a platinum. Sony goes against this themselves with PS+ being mandatory, but hey ho.

> Lying about the content of The Last of Us DLC. They said there wouldn't be trophies. There was.

> Expiring season passes. Seriously. What. The fuck. It's especially bad because they expired it before we found out they lied about the DLC not having trophies. Thankfully, I bought the season pass because it was only £4 extra and I fully expected them to fuck us over on that one, but it sucks for everyone who believed their lies.

> Releasing The Last Of Us: Left Behind as a standalone, but when you play it, it adds The Last of Us: Remastered's trophy list, leaving you with an unfinished list unless you buy the game which has Left Behind available free included anyway.

> Adding trophies to DLC months after the DLC originally released in Uncharted 3.

> Saying they would fix the buggy The Last of Us trophies, and then never doing so. 

Edit:

Oh, also

> Making the DLC trophy requirements for UC2 and UC3 something you could accomplish just as easily with the base game, but making it so they don't unlock unless you have the DLC. As far as I know, the only exception to this is Shade Survival in UC3, because that was actually part of the DLC.

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 3

Yes. It's not so much about the quality of their games (although, in my opinion, The Last of Us was terrible and Uncharted is mediocre. Jak and Crash are where it's at), it's the way they treat their customers.

Lying, scheming, deceiving... I've written about it before, but here's a recap:

> Releasing Uncharted 3 on IGC but excluding MP so you had to buy it anyway if you wanted the platinum, which goes against Sony's policy of not paying any extra to obtain a platinum. Sony goes against this themselves with PS+ being mandatory, but hey ho.

> Lying about the content of The Last of Us DLC. They said there wouldn't be trophies. There was.

> Expiring season passes. Seriously. What. The fuck. It's especially bad because they expired it before we found out they lied about the DLC not having trophies. Thankfully, I bought the season pass because it was only £4 extra and I fully expected them to fuck us over on that one, but it sucks for everyone who believed their lies.

> Releasing The Last Of Us: Left Behind as a standalone, but when you play it, it adds The Last of Us: Remastered's trophy list, leaving you with an unfinished list unless you buy the game which has Left Behind available free included anyway.

> Adding trophies to DLC months after the DLC originally released in Uncharted 3.

> Saying they would fix the buggy The Last of Us trophies, and then never doing so. 

Edit:

Oh, also

> Making the DLC trophy requirements for UC2 and UC3 something you could accomplish just as easily with the base game, but making it so they don't unlock unless you have the DLC. As far as I know, the only exception to this is Shade Survival in UC3, because that was actually part of the DLC.

Come on, I can underdstand someone thinking TLOU and Uncharted are overrated, but terrible? And I agree with most of your reasons listed, but the dlc trophies are just dlc trophies - as long as the plat is obtainable, then its fine. 

Come on, I can underdstand someone thinking TLOU and Uncharted are overrated, but terrible? And I agree with most of your reasons listed, but the dlc trophies are just dlc trophies - as long as the plat is obtainable, then its fine. 

TLoU was predictable the whole way through (besides maybe the ending) and very cliche. Not to mention the terrible AI.

Uncharted is basically Tomb Raider without any of the puzzles. Which makes it Tomb Raider without what makes Tomb Raider enjoyable (in my opinion, at least).

As for the DLC trophies, I don't really care about the plat. 100% or it's worthless to me.