What Developers you dont Trust the Most?

DocVoltacon

Since we're talking about publishers, and not actually devs (I usually blame the publishers for a bad game. Some exceptions here and there) here's the ones I hate/distrust the most:

Ubisoft

Electronic Arts

Activision (This one's the one I hate the much really. They've got 2 IPs from Sony and one of them is sitting there doing nothing)

I do trust, however (actual developers in here, crazy right?!):

Visceral Games (Because of Dead Space (I am still cutting those necromorph's limbs, it ain't getting old anytime soon!))

I don't really trust any other developer. But that's not a suprise, really.

• Like 1

Naughty Dog

Square Enix

Crystal Dynamics

Naughty Dog?? What has Naughty Dog done wrong to make you lose their trust? 

I would say almost anything that has a big multiplayer component. Usually never works, EA, Blizzard, Rockstar, etc. That is my biggest problem. Companies know how well they are going to sell before their product even hits the market, yet they can NEVER seem to anticipate their servers being overloaded. That is a load of garbage. 

If there is one company it's EA.

Capcom have been redeeming themselves lately... giving out free DLCs on RE Rev2, remaking RE2 and remastering those old games like RE1 Rebirth and RE0... and actually adding GOOD content to another remaster (DMC4SE) instead of just copy paste-ing stuff.

So i guess i'd have to pick Ubisoft and what they did (and are still doing) to the Assassin's Creed series.

snip

Don't forget how they lied to us saying that we'd get 3 (or 4? can't recall) map packs but one of them turned out to be that Fort co-op adventure map which nobody really cared about. :P

Don't forget how they lied to us saying that we'd get 3 (or 4? can't recall) map packs but one of them turned out to be that Fort co-op adventure map which nobody really cared about. :P

Also don't forget that Rika, Pinkerton and Wetsuit Elena apparently don't fit in the Uncharted universe whilst Spyder and that bloody Capture Trooper do.

Naughty Dog?? What has Naughty Dog done wrong to make you lose their trust? 

I would say almost anything that has a big multiplayer component. Usually never works, EA, Blizzard, Rockstar, etc. That is my biggest problem. Companies know how well they are going to sell before their product even hits the market, yet they can NEVER seem to anticipate their servers being overloaded. That is a load of garbage. 

If there is one company it's EA.

Plenty of things.

Yes. It's not so much about the quality of their games (although, in my opinion, The Last of Us was terrible and Uncharted is mediocre. Jak and Crash are where it's at), it's the way they treat their customers.

Lying, scheming, deceiving... I've written about it before, but here's a recap:

> Releasing Uncharted 3 on IGC but excluding MP so you had to buy it anyway if you wanted the platinum, which goes against Sony's policy of not paying any extra to obtain a platinum. Sony goes against this themselves with PS+ being mandatory, but hey ho.

> Lying about the content of The Last of Us DLC. They said there wouldn't be trophies. There was.

> Expiring season passes. Seriously. What. The fuck. It's especially bad because they expired it before we found out they lied about the DLC not having trophies. Thankfully, I bought the season pass because it was only £4 extra and I fully expected them to fuck us over on that one, but it sucks for everyone who believed their lies.

> Releasing The Last Of Us: Left Behind as a standalone, but when you play it, it adds The Last of Us: Remastered's trophy list, leaving you with an unfinished list unless you buy the game which has Left Behind available free included anyway.

> Adding trophies to DLC months after the DLC originally released in Uncharted 3.

> Saying they would fix the buggy The Last of Us trophies, and then never doing so. 

Edit:

Oh, also

> Making the DLC trophy requirements for UC2 and UC3 something you could accomplish just as easily with the base game, but making it so they don't unlock unless you have the DLC. As far as I know, the only exception to this is Shade Survival in UC3, because that was actually part of the DLC.

I don't know what good these kind of posts really serve for the gaming community. We should focus on gaming, make the most out of what we've got and for once, I mean, literally, for once, stop whining about things. If one doesn't like a publisher or developer, stop buying their games or don't pre-order at all. Its better one waits for a full review of those games and what to expect from a verified source rather than posting opinions which can be too harsh. I personally feel, such posts are distasteful and are an insult to us gamers and the entire gaming community because what you might not like, is the best for someone else.