Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gernifIap

Trophies "rarer" than the Platinum

27 posts in this topic

So I've encountered this a few weeks ago and it's bothering me really much.

Basically  when a trophy is the last one nearly everyone needs to get platinum, and the amount of owners of that trophy and the platinum is almost the same/the two trophies have the same rarity, it appears that in the rarest trophy section on my profile, the platinum is under the other trophy. It should be the plat on top.

Maybe you can fix this or is there a solution to this?

That's not how it should be:

post-45654-0-95842400-1442433190_thumb.png

Thanks for reading :P

hmm, interesting.  I can see how that would be annoying.  I would support a change in the sorting algorithm to make sure the platinum sat on top.

hmm, interesting.  I can see how that would be annoying.  I would support a change in the sorting algorithm to make sure the platinum sat on top.

Yeah, I dont want my Olli Olli 2 plat to disappear when I'll get the I am Bread platinum wich would have I think 0.26% rarity. 

When thinking about it, it would be nice if you could choose which type of trophies you want to show. Your overall rarest trophies or only the plats, golden/silver/bronze ones

I don't see a reason to be bothered

Look at the post I did few seconds ago. It would bother me even without loosing a plat on that section, I just like things in the order they should be ^^

I also noticed that on my profile with the same game. It has been like that since i acquired the plat. 

8Iip.png

The rarest trophy is always on top

obviously not  :rolleyes:
Edited by lesk8vaincra

The OP knows this and that's not what he's asking at all. 3 of the 5 rarest trophies have the same rarity. The order those 3 are displayed seems to be completely random since it's not alpha order, trophy type order or even earned date order. The OP is just asking if there is a way to change it, either himself or in the system so it displays same rarity trophies in a certain order.

Edited by ScutumMagister

I also noticed that on my profile with the same game:

8Iip.png

obviously not  :rolleyes:

No it isn't, look at that screensho (which i just wanted to make myself, thanks for that :P)  

579 plat owners, and 580 of the gold one, and gold one is still on top

No it isn't, look at that screensho (which i just wanted to make myself, thanks for that :P)  

579 plat owners, and 580 of the gold one, and gold one is still on top

Oh now i see the problem lol yeah that is weird

It is in earned order date. The one of those three he unlocked first is on top, and the last one (plat) is on bottom. 4:33pm, 5:10pm, and then 2 days later.

It should probably be done by rarity and then achievers? Then the time stamp. Otherwise this will happen every time the %s match.

Edited by Hemiak

It is in earned order date. The one of those three he unlocked first is on top, and the last one (plat) is on bottom. 4:33pm, 5:10pm, and then 2 days later.

It should probably be done by rarity and then achievers? Then the time stamp.

yeah thats in the trophy log section. but if you go to my profile and to the rarest trophy section right there the time stamp doesn't matter. you are right, I think they should kinda link rarity and achievers so that it gets into the right order. Hope they'll do it 

Yeah, I dont want my Olli Olli 2 plat to disappear when I'll get the I am Bread platinum wich would have I think 0.26% rarity. 

When thinking about it, it would be nice if you could choose which type of trophies you want to show. Your overall rarest trophies or only the plats, golden/silver/bronze ones

As a premium member, you can create a trophy cabinet to store trophies of your choice.

As a premium member, you can create a trophy cabinet to store trophies of your choice.

You can do it as a regular member as well but you only get to pick 3. Premium has space for 10 I think.

I know, I can do that without premium too. But it wouldn't be the same you know, and it still would drive me crazy things should be in their order I cant help it :D

How informative.

I know right 

yeah thats in the trophy log section. but if you go to my profile and to the rarest trophy section right there the time stamp doesn't matter. you are right, I think they should kinda link rarity and achievers so that it gets into the right order. Hope they'll do it

It is the trophy log, but ordered by rarity (you can see that the 4th trophy was actually the first of those four to be achieved).

The platinum trophy should be on the first place (because it is more rare) but it doesnt.

I believe that the site only use the first two (maybe three?) Digits of the decimal part to order the trophies by rarity. So whenever two trophies have a really close rarity, things like that can occur

Edited by lesk8vaincra

It is the trophy log, but orderer by rarity (you can see that the 4th trophy was actually the first of those four to be achieved).

The platinum trophy should be on the first place (because it is more rare) but it doesnt.

oh sorry didn't notice that, than the problem is there too :I

I checked my trophy log a bit, and i found multiple occurrence of this phenomenon:

m6qsr.th.png

So, when multiple trophies

- from the same game

- with the same shown rarity (with a precision of hundredth of a percent)

the first obtained is computed as the rarest one.

As it is shown on my profile (and on gernieflap), it can lead to an error on our "rarest trophies" panel, because obviously your plat will be the last trophy you earn on a single game.

I would suggest either to use a more precise rarity, or to use the number of owner as second criterion

Edited by lesk8vaincra

How informative.

Do you sort your shirts by colour? Maybe you alphabetize your book collection? We all have our neurotic tics but this thread is just stupid

I checked my trophy log a bit, and i found multiple occurrence of this phenomenon:

m6qsr.th.png

So, when multiple trophies

- from the same game

- with the same shown rarity (with a precision of hundredth of a percent)

the first obtained is computed as the rarest one.

As it is shown on my profile (and on gernieflap), it can lead to an error on our "rarest trophies" panel, because obviously your plat will be the last trophy you earn on a single game.

I would suggest either to use a more precise rarity, or to use the number of owner as second criterion

yeah it's those two things which would fix it. I think the problem with achievers would be that maybe it would totally mess up everything because it could list the trophies with the least owners s the rarest. maybe its more complicated to do that within one set of trophies. the system would have to check two things to figure out the rarest one. 

But it wouldn't be too hard to make the percentage more precise in the background but us users would still see the same amount of numbers after the comma, i guess. but I'm not really familiar with coding and stuff so I think figuring that out would be the job of the admins :P

Do you sort your shirts by colour? Maybe you alphabetize your book collection? We all have our neurotic tics but this thread is just stupid

What's the problem? Just leave the thread if this annoys you. It's obviously an issue within the system so why not report it? 

Why should this tic be more stupid than other tics? I mean isn't it kind of part of a tic that it doesn't make sense to everyone?

The point is not especially "this annoys me", but "the information shown on the rarest trophies is wrong"...

If you asked someone to order your book alphabetically, but for some reason that someone always put "Zebra" before "Xylophone", you'll notice it and ask him to correct that...

Edited by lesk8vaincra

Or just rank them by trophy type, platinums at the top, gold next, bronze on the bottom and silver in between.

If you have three trophies sitting at %0.78, they are all equally rare. The platinum is not any more rare than the two golds, in other words in the TC's profile the number 3, 4 and 5 rarest trophies are actually sharing a third place.

This is not about information not displaying correctly, it's a matter of personal preference.