Umbrella Corps - New RE Game

Superbuu3

Multiplayer title. Hopefully it'll never get out of Alpha/Beta phase or it'll simply die within 2-3 years after the release.

Why? People like you will halt progress for the rest of us. If this game is good, I would gladly support it. Let's just wait for the beta at least.

The announcement yesterday was soooo painful tho. The announcer built up all this hype by going over the series history, then proceeded to show us this... thing...

Don't get me wrong. It might be the best MP shooter ever conceived when it releases. But at the announcement yesterday it was a real let down for Capcom to mention all these great games (RE1, RE2, RE4), then show us this, which appears to have very little to do with what actually makes a good RE game a good game. It's not even in the same genre as the best RE games, FFS. 

As it appears to be a dedicated MP game, I doubt I'll get it. I wait in hope for an RE4 remake or, better yet, a new entry in the series which reaches the same levels of SP brilliance. 

I'm a big Resi fan, probably not buying this one. This is not what I want from a RE game, I doubt think this is what anyone wants. I like that they're taking the time to release the 7th, but making these games I can't see them keeping their promise of going back to the roots.

Should be good to play with friends like recent RE games, that's what disappoints me. 

Hopefully they can seperate the action and horror games and not mesh them together.

Considering the trailer, antecedent of previous installments, and the fact that this is Capcom we are talking about...you and me both know this is not going to happen, or it's very, very unlikely.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

This is not really a RE game, it doesn't even have "Resident Evil" in the title for us westerns, in Japan it's called Biohazard Umbrella Corps but for us it's just Umbrella Corps.

Honestly, it looks to me as if they were trying to make a standalone game of RE5 Versus, which was a big thing way back when. And people are still playing it to this day, more so than RE6 Survivors.

This game is just their little thing for the 20th anniversary of RE btw, it's like a spin-off and seeing as they have already confirmed that they're remaking RE2, i don't see the big deal behind this. Yeah, it's not ideal or well... "good"... but so what? RE0 is right in the corner, they're remaking RE2 and the inevitable RE7 is coming sooner than we think, this is just something for us to be occupied for a while until the "real stuff" comes out, kinda like ORC. Just a quick cash grab, don't like it don't buy it i suppose. And i'm not buying... lol.

But i have to admit that trailer reminded me of CoD a lot, lol. It was funny to watch. Apparently it's 3v3 too and on PS4/PC only, poor Xbox users. But is it really a big loss? Hahaha.

*scratches head* I dont know bout this game.. The trailer feels like modern warfare w/ zombies. Looks cool but this aint suppose to be in a resident evil game. What ever happen to that good old finding clues, solving puzzles, and those cheapass jumpscares they used to be in it? Still its meh but probably not worth it.

If they can only bring back the outbreak series..

Eh, could be fun. It definitely won't be classic horror RE, but likely a fun zombie killing multiplayer game.

I like that they are at least separating the different gameplay styles at least. If you want a good, regular horror RE, go buy Revelations 2. If you want mindless multiplayer shooting, buy this one.

I'll wait to see gameplay videos before I even think of buying it anyway. I won't bother looking at reviews, because I can already see the dumb "This isn't even horror, WTF Capcom?" comments.

• 7 months later...

Some people need to chill. I mean, i'm totally getting it. I love resident evil and to be honest, this looks fun.
If it doesn't tick your boxes, just move on and enjoy what you enjoy. Don't dwell on a single game that you don't own or even have any intention of owning by going all angry and typing in forums to put others off! :P
The more games available, the better! If it sucks, it'll flop and the world goes on! :)