Persona 5 - WEEBNESS HAS WON THE FIGHT! Release on 4.4.2017 will contain DUAL AUDIO!

Satoshi Ookami

32 minutes ago, Tosmasta00 said:

Any info yet on a new avi and theme (like Futaba one or maybe Hifumi?)

Not yet. I'm not sure exactly what their plan is with these avatars/themes. It's pretty strange. I mean they made a Ryuji avatar/theme available for 24 hours (or was it 48?) and you could get a Morgana avatar by doing something I can't quite remember. Why those two? I don't get it. They should just release avatars and themes for all of the main characters on the store permanently and just charge for it. I know I'd buy the hell out of that.

15 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Not yet. I'm not sure exactly what their plan is with these avatars/themes. It's pretty strange. I mean they made a Ryuji avatar/theme available for 24 hours (or was it 48?) and you could get a Morgana avatar by doing something I can't quite remember. Why those two? I don't get it. They should just release avatars and themes for all of the main characters on the store permanently and just charge for it. I know I'd buy the hell out of that.

Well if we  are lucky we might get the rest of em when the game comes out.

9 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I'm so worried that Futaba-tan is so best girl we won't get her avatar :/

That would be the worst case scenario. Let's hope that it doesn't come true.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

You didn't know about it until know? :D

Nope. I never bought a ticket for the hype train (being sure that this will just go along the P4 route, P2 color scheme be damned), and let all information choo-choo past me, until Youtube shoved the recent trailer in my face today.

There is an actual chance that I might enjoy a modern!Persona game now. Wow. 

I should try and get my hands on the PS3 copy when the time comes. And name the protag Hazama. 

Edited by NetEntity

51 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

Shadows look like actual demons and... negotiation and recruitment is back!?

AM I DREAMING? 

Possibly. Maybe get a scorpion, and get it to pinch you, to see?

42 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

You didn't know about it until know? :D

Well I didn't know about Negotiation and Recruitment in P5 till now.

Wow, the dungeons look a lot more varied this time around. The same goes for the battles. I can't wait to see how it all works. Also, the more time I spend listening to the English voices, the less I'm impressed by them. Maybe they sound better in the game, but I think I'll be using the Japanese voices when I get my hands on the game.

3 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Wow, the dungeons look a lot more varied this time around. The same goes for the battles. I can't wait to see how it all works. Also, the more time I spend listening to the English voices, the less I'm impressed by them. Maybe they sound better in the game, but I think I'll be using the Japanese voices when I get my hands on the game.

Ah so i Did well to watch this trailer Without Audio and with Subtitles xD

Anyway As everybodies said it really looks cool even if it doesn't show that much :P

Edited by Sora9427

49 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

F
I
N
A
L
L
Y

!

Finally, you have seen the light Aoi Yuuki :awesome: 

I wanted to give the English voices a chance... but I just can't do it. :P I can see myself getting annoyed with Morgana's voice pretty quick. The others are fine I guess. I mean I've heard far worse English dubs, and they certainly aren't bad, but when given the option between mediocrity and greatness, the choice becomes clear. Aoi Yuuki helps of course. :wub:

On 1/18/2017 at 6:11 AM, Undead Wolf said:

Same here. I thought they sounded fine when they released those character trailers a few weeks back. But now, with every new piece of English footage they post, I can't  help but cringe every time :/ Like yourself, I like to give the English voices a chance. Now, same with Berseria (I wanted to stick a knifes in my ears after hearing Normin in the demo) I can see myself choosing the Japanese audio over the English one. 

I think it's the right thing to do :D 

11 minutes ago, Venocide said:

Same here. I thought they sounded fine when they released those character trailers a few weeks back. But now, with every new piece of English footage they post, I can't  help but cringe every time :/ Like yourself, I like to give the English voices a chance. Now, same with Berseria (I wanted to stick a knifes in my ears after hearing Normin in the demo) I can see myself choosing the Japanese audio over the English one. 

I think it's the right thing to do :D 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed a drop in quality for the recent English footage. I don't know why, but they sounded better to me in the character trailers. For the actual gameplay, they just sound wrong... :| I've not heard the Berseria English cast much, but I can imagine how bad a Normin in English is gonna sound. I think I'd rather avoid that misery. :P

I think we've just levelled up in our weebness. :awesome:

13 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Veeeery good, guys. Join the right side!

keikaku.jpg

You played us like a damn fiddle!!! :P

• Like 1

More confidant trailers have arrived!

Shinya Oda

Spoiler

If you had to practice marksmanship in a country that has a strict firearms ban, where would you go? If you answered with “the arcade,” ding ding ding you’re absolutely correct! Oh, and it just so happens that a certain arcade in Akihabara is home base to one of Japan’s most accomplished shooting game players, Shinya Oda. This pint-sized gaming prodigy is a grandmaster at “Gun About,” so he definitely knows a thing or two about shooting. Spending time with him can help the Phantom Thieves learn some nifty gun skills that can be used in battle, such as the ability to enter a gun-based All-out Attack after a successful ambush with Bullet Hail, scare enemies during negotiation with Warning Shot, and much more!

Yuuki Mishima

Spoiler

What do you do when a high-school classmate figures out that you and your friends are actually the infamous “criminals” known as the Phantom Thieves of Hearts? Why you make him part of the crew, of course! Yuuki Mishima is a social media savant who uncovers the alter ego of the protagonist, so he naturally decides to work for the group and create the Phantom Thieves Aficionado Website (also known as the, wait for it, Phan-Site). Besides building up the phan base (see what I did there?), he’ll also be able to support the thieves with buffs that increase EXP earned from battle, allow backup members to earn EXP, and more! Wow, isn’t that just phan-tastic? Ok, I’ll stop now.

Chihaya Mifune

Spoiler

It’s ALWAYS smart to see a fortune-teller from time to time, and luckily the Phantom Thieves know a very good one named Chihaya Mifune. Operating out of her modest office (a table) in Shinjuku, the spacey Chihaya will cheerfully use tarot cards to predict the protagonist’s fortune. So how does this help the team? Well by spending time her, she’ll be able to perform special fortune readings that can add useful buffs like increasing the growth rate of a social stat or deepening a bond with a specific confidant.

Ichiko Ohya

Spoiler

When she’s not busy chasing a lead, journalist Ichiko Ohya can be found enjoying a drink (or two or three or four or five) at the Crossroads Bar in Shinjuku. So why would the Phantom Thieves want to work with a pesky reporter? Simply put, they have a special “deal.” The protagonist supplies her with interesting tid-bits about the Thieves, and she’ll write articles about them. The public is going crazy for more news about the mysterious masked group, so why not just let Ichiko give it to them? Besides, having more fame/infamy is great for the team’s street cred. Oh, and she’ll also provide useful abilities like making it harder for the security level to fill during Palace heists.

• Like 1