Persona 5 - WEEBNESS HAS WON THE FIGHT! Release on 4.4.2017 will contain DUAL AUDIO!

Satoshi Ookami

Can't wait for the P4 MMO to be announced there!

In all seriousness though, I'm a little sad it's just a broadcast. Probably shouldn't have gotten my hopes up that it was the actual release date. One can dream though. Hope this broadcast will be where they announce the worldwide plz release!

• Like 1

They could just be showing off stuff to build more hype (like SE did with that new Demo of FFXV, they were also just showing off stuff, it wasn't an actual game demo at all too).

It's easy to show off stuff without giving a release date.. so don't expect to see one.. maybe at E3 and even then I don't know, since Atlus may not want to directly fight SE, since FFXV and P5 will be both killer RPGs and releasing both at the same time would be bad for both companies..

I honestly doubt that. I can't see them announcing a release date at E3, a NA release date at E3 sure. Don't really know why you seem so dissapointed that it's a broadcast that's just how Atlus does things. I'm sure that in this broadcast a new trailer plus a releasedate for Japan will be included.

I honestly doubt that. I can't see them announcing a release date at E3, a NA release date at E3 sure. Don't really know why you seem so dissapointed that it's a broadcast that's just how Atlus does things. I'm sure that in this broadcast a new trailer plus a releasedate for Japan will be included.

That's the problem.. a new trailer usually means more spoilers.. I don't want that..

As for it being unlikely for them to announce the release date for Japan on E3, yes it's unlikely, but we are so in the dark that they may have gone back to the initial plan with a US+Japan simultaneous release (unlikely I know), otherwise, yes they will probably announce the Japanese release on 1 of those streams, since no major event is planned in Japan as far as I know.. still I don't care for Japan, since I wouldn't be able to understand it..

There's always TGC, AKA the event of the year :awesome:

Ya, but that's way to late for my taste.. if they were to announce it at TGS it would probably mean a Christmas release or more likely a 2017 release.. that's something that I still refuse to believe as being a possibility (but then I'm known for hoping to see impossible things happen..)

That's the problem.. a new trailer usually means more spoilers.. I don't want that..

As for it being unlikely for them to announce the release date for Japan on E3, yes it's unlikely, but we are so in the dark that they may have gone back to the initial plan with a US+Japan simultaneous release (unlikely I know), otherwise, yes they will probably announce the Japanese release on 1 of those streams, since no major event is planned in Japan as far as I know.. still I don't care for Japan, since I wouldn't be able to understand it..

Yeah well that's unavoidable, did you really think there wouldn't be another trailer before the release of the game. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but a simultaneous release was never the initial plan, even if it was the initial plan they never communicated it to the public. I'm not saying it's impossible to have a simultaneous release but they just never said anything about it. 

still I don't care for Japan, since I wouldn't be able to understand it..

Why people can't realize that the sooner we get the Japanese release date the sooner AtlusUSA will announce date for the west?

Without Japanese release there will never be English version.

Yeah well that's unavoidable, did you really think there wouldn't be another trailer before the release of the game. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but a simultaneous release was never the initial plan, even if it was the initial plan they never communicated it to the public. I'm not saying it's impossible to have a simultaneous release but they just never said anything about it. 

Ok, after checking for the older info, it seams like it was supposed to be simultaneous release for US/Japan not worldwide, and that was the "announcement" for the release date on Q4 2015 (misinformation?).. And if I'm not wrong it was also mentioned as a worldwide release (or something close to it) way before when it was planned only for PS3, but that was ages ago and a lot obviously changed..

Why people can't realize that the sooner we get the Japanese release date the sooner AtlusUSA will announce date for the west?

Without Japanese release there will never be English version.

And because of that I should care for the Japanese version release? Persona 5 is no longer a niche game as the core JRPGs are, specially after P3/4 success (specially P4), it's totally unthinkable that they wouldn't be working at the Japanese version and the English translation at the same time (or somewhat close to the same time).. otherwise their initial plans to not make the west wait for the game wouldn't even been mentioned.

Also AtlusUSA announced/spread rumors about the release date of P5 last year twice (and they didn't needed a Japanese release date to do that..), so even if they were to give a release date after the Japanese release, it would always be hit or miss.. Even if you have a Japanese release date it's impossible to know if it will take 1-3 months or 1-2 years before we get the game in English.. This makes knowing the Japanese release date of little value, because we would just know that it will come soon, but isn't that what we already know? (Sorry for being so skeptical about this stuff, but I have little faith in the gaming industry as it stands nowadays).

Note: Also, the stuff that I'm talking about was the original thing that was from when it was PS3 only and the current version may not be "Simultaneous Worldwide release", but more like "the west will not have to wait as long as usual" (as in, both releases being really close), it was so long ago that I don't even remember when or where it was mentioned to get the actual statement.. But all this was so long ago that's pointless to argue over it, since we all know that a ton of stuff happened after those announcements.. for one the PS4 version of it.. So even if it was true when it was mentioned, it may have lost it's validity after all the changes.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Ok, after checking for the older info, it seams like it was supposed to be simultaneous release for US/Japan not worldwide, and that was the "announcement" for the release date on Q4 2015 (misinformation?).. And if I'm not wrong it was also mentioned as a worldwide release (or something close to it) way before when it was planned only for PS3, but that was ages ago and a lot obviously changed..

And because of that I should care for the Japanese version release? Persona 5 is no longer a niche game as the core JRPGs are, specially after P3/4 success (specially P4), it's totally unthinkable that they wouldn't be working at the Japanese version and the English translation at the same time (or somewhat close to the same time).. otherwise their initial plans to not make the west wait for the game wouldn't even been mentioned.

Also AtlusUSA announced/spread rumors about the release date of P5 last year twice (and they didn't needed a Japanese release date to do that..), so even if they were to give a release date after the Japanese release, it would always be hit or miss.. Even if you have a Japanese release date it's impossible to know if it will take 1-3 months or 1-2 years before we get the game in English.. This makes knowing the Japanese release date of little value, because we would just know that it will come soon, but isn't that what we already know? (Sorry for being so skeptical about this stuff, but I have little faith in the gaming industry as it stands nowadays).

Note: Also, the stuff that I'm talking about was the original thing that was from when it was PS3 only and the current version may not be "Simultaneous Worldwide release", but more like "the west will not have to wait as long as usual" (as in, both releases being really close), it was so long ago that I don't even remember when or where it was mentioned to get the actual statement.. But all this was so long ago that's pointless to argue over it, since we all know that a ton of stuff happened after those announcements.. for one the PS4 version of it.. So even if it was true when it was mentioned, it may have lost it's validity after all the changes.

See the problem with a NA and Japan release close to each but not simultaneous is FF XV. Let's say Persona 5 launches in August in Japan, to be more specific August 18th it's a wild guess based on a wild theory of mine which probably isn't going to happen, if NA doesn't release at this time but say a month later then it comes way to close to the worldwide release of FF XV and it will most difinetely hurt the NA sales if Persona 5 would launch in NA somewhere in september. I'd say they have to give FF XV at least a month of time both before and after so if a simultaneous release, NA and Japan, isn't happening then I think a NA release date will be somewhere in November-December, which is the usual persona timeline.

Don't get me wrong I want a simultaneous release as much as the next guy but I've been going back and forth between whether it's going to happen or not. There's "evidence" to support both statements so I guess I'll just wait 'till the 5th and see.

Japan+US is worldwide for Atlus :awesome:

Also AtlusUSA announced/spread rumors about the release date of P5 last year twice (and they didn't needed a Japanese release date to do that..),

>Atlus USA

>reliable information

Eh... =D

See the problem with a NA and Japan release close to each but not simultaneous is FF XV. Let's say Persona 5 launches in August in Japan, to be more specific August 18th it's a wild guess based on a wild theory of mine which probably isn't going to happen, if NA doesn't release at this time but say a month later then it comes way to close to the worldwide release of FF XV and it will most difinetely hurt the NA sales if Persona 5 would launch in NA somewhere in september. I'd say they have to give FF XV at least a month of time both before and after so if a simultaneous release, NA and Japan, isn't happening then I think a NA release date will be somewhere in November-December, which is the usual persona timeline.

Don't get me wrong I want a simultaneous release as much as the next guy but I've been going back and forth between whether it's going to happen or not. There's "evidence" to support both statements so I guess I'll just wait 'till the 5th and see.

I understand, and I know that FFXV release date being announced will have impact in P5 release, since I don't think that 2 of the biggest JRPGs on PS4 would want to canibalize in each other, it would simply be a stupid move, since it's a lose-lose situation (target audience is the same, so it would hurt sales of both games), this may delay the release of P5 to December, early would still be to close to FFXV, but then the same can be said about the August release for Japan, since it's really close of FFXV there too..

The Summer release window for P5 was announced before or after FFXV release date? don't remember.

As of now we can only speculate, but it will not get us anywhere, lets just wait and see..

Japan+US is worldwide for Atlus :awesome:

>Atlus USA

>reliable information

Eh... =D

Ya, sadly for them it is..

As for info on P5 outside of Japan, AtlusUSA is the only official source, even if it can hardly be called reliable.. that's my main problem with them giving out dates, I will have doubts about the date they give as release date for the US even after we have a release day for Japan..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Persona 5 is still a niche RPG. I'm sure AtlusUSA already started localization long ago but this doesn't mean that there will be simultaneous worldwide release.

Even big jRPGs like Final Fantasy need time to get localized. FFXIV and XV are like the first FFs to have simultaneous worldwide release. All the previous FFs had a gap between Japanese and west release.

What are you talking about? Last year, the only thing that AtlusUSA have been saying was that the game will release in the west somewhere in 2015. They never gave us exact date or even a window.

And I don't remember ever AtlusUSA delaying the game after announcing exact release date. So if they say that the game will come xx/xx/201x I'm pretty sure we will get the game by then.

Edited by Rollers23

What are you talking about? Last year, the only thing that AtlusUSA have been saying was that the game will release in the west somewhere in 2015. They never gave us exact date or even a window.

And I don't remember ever AtlusUSA delaying the game after announcing exact release date. So if they say that the game will come xx/xx/201x I'm pretty sure we will get the game by then.

They indirectly made the winter 2015 release public through a report (now I'm not sure if this was Sega fault..), and before that that was a September release prediction by a guy from Atlus US, same guy that gave the interviews on why P5 wasn't on E3, but it was after the E3 incident. That's why I said both announce and/or spread rumors, I didn't wanted to imply that they announced it with a trailer or something.

And ya probably when they announce an exact date, it will be the correct one, but as I said, I'm skeptical about that as of now, nothing more.

THEY ACTUALLY RELEASED THE DATE!

15.09!

No confirmation about the release so we can presume JP-only.

Plus we get a few info about the actual game =D

MC seems to know about the Shadow World and if he does not unveil the information, he will be executed.

The little Velvet Room attendants are Caroline and Justine.

Aoi Yuuki will be moe megane navigator character (MUST BE DUAL AUDIO! I WANT AOI-TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!)

EDIT: Price for both PS3/PS4 is the same so it seems there will be no reason to buy PS3 for PS3+PS4 owners.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

THEY ACTUALLY RELEASED THE DATE!

15.09!

No confirmation about the release so we can presume JP-only.

Plus we get a few info about the actual game =D

MC seems to know about the Shadow World and if he does not unveil the information, he will be executed.

The little Velvet Room attendants are Caroline and Justine.

Aoi Yuuki will be moe megane navigator character (MUST BE DUAL AUDIO! I WANT AOI-TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!)

EDIT: Price for both PS3/PS4 is the same so it seems there will be no reason to buy PS3 for PS3+PS4 owners.

Wasn't this info out for a while now? :P

Forgot to mention, Igor is finally going to have a new seiyuu it seems.

Also, we get anime! And on the same month as Japan release!

And even though we only got Aoi-chan in the video, together we will have 9 party members. 4 waifus, 4 males and Morgana. (the leftmost one is totally Minako btw xD)

mckdrWY.png

Wasn't this info out for a while now? :P

Dunno, they had ??? at the start of the stream and introduced themselves =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Forgot to mention, Igor is finally going to have a new seiyuu it seems.

Also, we get anime! And on the same month as Japan release!

And even though we only got Aoi-chan in the video, together we will have 9 party members. 4 waifus, 4 males and Morgana. (the leftmost one is totally Minako btw xD)

mckdrWY.png

Dunno, they had ??? at the start of the stream and introduced themselves =D

The names were announced at TGS last year I think. Or in an article that came out around the same time. xD

It seems the CE won't have any extra goodies, just the usual art book and some DLC costumes. That's really disappointing :|.

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/37237-persona-5-pv4-jp-release-date-collectors-edition/

http://personacentral.com/persona-5-confirmed-e3-2016-appearance/

P5 will appear at E3! Chances for NA release date are pretty high IMO :D

Also, official box art

ChsoH-MXIAA2fmQ.jpg

I like the boxart.

• Like 1