Resistance 3 has Gone Gold (Plus New Trailer)

BountyHunterinc

kk-resistance-banner.jpg

Resistance 3 comes out in early September, and news from the PlayStation Blog confirms that it is now a finished product, and has hit the Gold.. But you can still expect a big patch when you first load up the game.

When a videogame has gone gold, it basically means that the game is out of the final stages of development, and has been sent off to be manufactured into its final Blu-ray form. And yet while the game is so close to being shipped off and releasing around the Globe, James Stevenson, Insomniac's Senior Community Manager, stated that the studio is still working behind the scenes to build on the multiplayer experience.

Steven told the PS Blog "Even now, our work isn't complete, as we are actively working on the Online Beta, and will be bringing a Day 1 Patch to the game to bring updates and tweaks to the final product."

The patch is necessary to tackle any issues that gets dragged to attention during the Beta.

And while not beneficial to the game itself, the final product will also contain some bonus goods, including demos for Killzone 3, MotorStorm Apocalypse, and Infamous 2, on top of this, trailers and developer videos for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Starhawk, God of War: Origins and SOCOM 4.

--

On top of this, the Resistance 3 beta has begun today for those that have specially marked Socom 4 copies. It will be live on August 10th for those that are subscribed with Playstation Plus. For the rest of the public, it isn't certain if they will be able to get their hands on it.

Along with this announcement, a new trailer has been revealed. Watch it here..

Resistance 3 is set to invade September 6th in the U.S, and September 9th in the UK.

Source: Gaming Union

Because I have no fucking idea what 'Gone Gold' is. I assumed it was a mark for sales, like a Greatest Hit. Thankfully you explained what 'Gone Gold' is, though I don't see much importance in it.

Maybe you don't, but others do. It's an important part of the development cycle, and it's now guaranteed to appear on Store shelves on September 6th/9th. If a game hasn't 'Gone Gold', there's still a possibility for it to be delayed, and other things.

I've edited the title so it makes.. more sense.

I'm a little disappointed that I'll have to download a patch before I even get a chance to play the game, but I'll have to deal with it. Also, does this mean the Sony 24" 3D monitor is coming out the same day? I have that pre-ordered and it comes with Resistance 3 so I'll be one happy camper if I can get my hands on it that early.

Parker