FilmFanatic

:platinum:Platinums 151 - 175:platinum:

Spoiler

#151 - Assault Suit Leynos

3.61%

8th August 2017

1L94e452.png

Heavy Armor Master
Completed the Mastery List - you're a top AS pilot!

Spoiler

Assault Suit Leynos is the first game I have platinumed as part of the PSNP Weeblympics.  ASL is a side scrolling shooter that is a remake of a game of the same name that originally released on the Sega Genesis. The game is pretty short and a lot of fun but going for the platinum can be somewhat frustrating. As you play through the game you get ranked for each mission and getting a good rank unlocks new weapons to use however quitting straight out of the game if you didn't earn the trophy you need on a specific level meant new weapons didn't unlock as well as some level specific trophies which meant I had to delete my save and start over again once I had completed the game.

#152 - Watch Dogs 2

19.98%

19th August 2017

1Ld84aa2.png

Graduation Day
Win every trophy

#153 - Tales Of Xillia 2

7.61%

16th September 2017

1Lc3ae3c.png

Lord of Xillia 2
The mark of complete Xillia 2 mastery.
Thanks for playing!

#154 - Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunter

5.62%

30th September 2017

1L8350b3.png

Ghost Hunter
Completionist! You got every trophy!

Spoiler

I bought this game as one to do for the Weeblympics event on hPSNP. It’s part visual novel and the combat (if you want to call it that) is basically like a board game. It’s been a while since I played it but I do remember it being pretty fun. The best part of the game is a mini game called Hypernatural. It took me more than a few tries to get the hang of how it worked but once I knew what it was doing I loved it to the point that it’s one of my top 3 favourite mini games.

#155 - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

11.06%

13th October 2017

1Lbe75f7.png

Kingpin
Unlock all trophies.

#156 - DriveClub

4.87%

22nd October 2017

1L9e1d13.png

#UniteInSpeed
Collect all of the other trophies.

Spoiler

I grew up playing Gran Turismo and absolutely loved them but GT5 put me off playing circuit racing games but when I saw DriveClub on sale one day I decided to give it a go as I heard good things about it. This game definitely got me back into racing games again and I loved it. Good selection of cars and lots of tracks. The platinum was easy enough but going for 100% is somewhat harder. In most cases it was just a matter of practice makes perfect. There were a few tough events but nothing that perseverance couldn’t overcome. The only issue I had with the game was the number of DLC events that had pitch black tracks and atrocious weather. This just made things frustrating and for night races the only real option was to turn my TV brightness up to the max so I could actually see where I was going.

#157 - I Am Setsuna

17.85%

7th November 2017

1L78c99e.png

A Tale from a Land of Snow

Obtained all trophies.

Spoiler

I Am Setsuna was a wonderful little old school styled RPG. The story line was par for course for this type of game but I liked all the characters and the way they interacted with each other. The combat was semi turn-based and a lot of fun once you reached higher levels and unlocked new moves.

#158 - Alienation

6.51%

25th November 2017

1L95165f.png

Alienated
Get all trophies

Spoiler

Alienation is a top down shooter from the same developers as Dead Nation. The game was a heap of fun. There are 3 classes to choose from each with there own specific primary weapon type (though any class can use them) as well secondary, heavy weapons and grenades/mines. All the weapons were different and all had pros and cons to them and overall they were awfully fun to use. The campaign was really good with lots of different enemies but playing the game in co-op was definitely more fun than playing it on my own.

#159 - Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within

12.58%

7th December 2017

1Lea972e.png

Warrior Within
Obtain all other trophies

#160 - XBlaze Code: Embyro

67.36%

10th December 2017

1L0acfe2.png

Successor to the Azure
Completed XBLAZE

#161 - forma.8

12.36%

14th December 2017

1L0c8b1c.png

formed Adventurer
Unlock all other trophies

#162 - Killzone 2

2.03%

6th January 2018

1L4b3c76.png

War Hero
Collect all Killzone 2 trophies

Spoiler

I played the first Killzone on PS2 so naturally I bought this when it came out. It’s been a while since I platted it but I do remember the game being very enjoyable. I wasn’t really trophy hunting when I first played the game but when it was announced the servers were going to be shut down I figured I’d have a go at getting the MP trophies done even though the hardest trophy required placing in the top 1% of the leaderboard for any given week. It was very lucky that this announcement was made while I was on Xmas break as it meant I had all the time in the world to play it. I spent most of about three days boosting kills and ended up with around 18k points which netted me 3rd on the leaderboard as well as the corresponding trophies. It was also lucky I went for the leaderboard trophies straight away as 3 months later when everyone was going for those trophies you were needing at least 1m points to have a hope of being in the top 1%. The only other trophy that was difficult for the plat was beating the game on Elite difficulty. Most of the game wasn’t too bad but the final level took me many hours to complete. 

#163 - Bladestorm: Nightmare

0.35%

12th January 2018

1L4e78bc.png

BLADESTORM
Obtained all trophies.

#164 - Guardians Of The Galaxy

69.39%

12th January 2018

1L91a70b.png

A Little Help From My Friends
Completed Guardians of the Galaxy

Spoiler

This is a Telltale game so gameplay is self explanatory. The best part of the game is definitely the soundtrack and my favourite character was Mantis.

#165 - Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones

12.35%

23rd January 2018

1Le4182e.png

Two Thrones

#166 - Dungeon Punks

7.08%

28th January 2018

1L3de625.png

Collector of Souls
Obtain all trophies

#167 - Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

23.54%

2nd February 2018

1Lb1291f.png

Sand Master
Unlock all other trophies.

#168 - Tales Of Symphonia

2.78%

11th March 2018

1L414a5e.png

Symphonia Master
You have obtained all trophies. You have mastered Symphonia!

#169 - XBlaze Lost: Memories

54.95%

11th March 2018

1L5c95c4.png

Omnipotent
Obtained all of the trophies in the game.

#170 - Amnesia Collection

3.78%

16th March 2018

1La37e7a.png

Insanity
Achieved all other trophies.

#171 - RiME

23.03%

17th March 2018

1Ld9bf75.png

The end is a new beginning
Obtain all trophies.

#172 - Starwhal

0.99%

24th March 2018

1Lc08ca9.png

Cosmic Baller
Unlocked all game trophies.

Spoiler

Starwhal has you playing as a narwhal in two different game modes. Either getting to the end of a level under a specific time or stabbing all the hearts in a level. Despite the rarity the plat isn’t all that hard but does take some practise as the controls really are just awful.

#173 - Mirror's Edge Catalyst

8.41%

30th March 2018

1L79f293.png

The Few. The Elite.
Unlock all Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Trophies

#174 - Claire

12.79%

30th March 2018

1L4d5bab.png

Completionist
Acquire all trophies.

#175 - Nioh

14.78%

28th April 2018

1Le4b510.png

You Are Nioh
Obtained all trophies.

Spoiler

Of all the Souls-like games I have played, Nioh is by far my favourite. The game is divided into different areas with each area having a set of maps that missions are played on. All the main missions have a bunch of shortcuts that eventually open up all the shrines and mean that once it’s time to take on the boss you can get to them without having to fight any enemies on the way. The game is set in feudal Japan which made for a great backdrop and the enemies were a mixture of humans and yokai (demons). The best part of the game is the combat. The combat is far deeper than a Souls game as you have 3 different stances, high stance for big damage at the cost of high use of ki (stamina), low stance for using minimal ki at the cost of not much damage and mid stance which is in the middle of the other two. Each kind of weapon also has unlockable moves that you can use as well.

I’m the sort of person that, before I start a game where you can make a build, I like to decide on just what I’m going to go with before I start the game. I had a look online at what weapon types were available and I eventually decided to go with dual swords as I’d played many RPGs using just a single sword so I wanted something new. Dual swords was a fantastic choice and incredibly fun to use. For each weapon type there are many different choices for that weapon type and a huge number of armour sets making for a massive range of builds you could use.

One of the DLCs included a trophy for completing every mission in the base game on Way Of The Demon difficulty and all 3 DLCs had a trophy for completing every DLC mission on that difficulty as well. The way Nioh does difficulties/NG+s is an interesting one. When you complete NG this will open a new difficulty that serves as NG+. When you complete NG+ that will open a third difficulty which serves as NG++ with the game having a total of 5 difficulties. However, when you move onto a new NG all previous NGs are still available meaning you can swap between all 5 difficulties at any time. Way Of The Demon or NG++ is by far the best difficulty to be playing on as that is where the game truly starts. For your first 2 playthroughs you can go with whatever armour/weapons/stat allocations you want as it doesn’t matter too much. However Way Of The Demon is a huge step up compared to the change between the the first two difficulties. The build that you had been using will have to be thrown out the door as it will be useless for WotD and you have to have a build that is purposely for WotD difficulty. This is because all bosses and minibosses have up to 6 buffs that make them considerably tougher. Even standard enemies can have a buff or two. I have seen plenty of people on this website say the WotD is very difficult and I can guarentee every single one of them was not playing the game “properly”. I came across a dual sword tank build that was built around survivability as opposed to massive damage out put and it was simply amazing. WotD was incredibly easy with this build and I can count on one hand the number of times I died across the entire game with most deaths caused by not having played DLC missions on an easier difficulty first so not knowing my way around them.

I spent 175 hours 100%ing Nioh and I loved every single second of it.

:platinum:Platinums 176 - 200:platinum:

Spoiler

#176 - Life Is Strange: Before The Storm

64.29%

29th April 2018

1Lb9cb92.png

Bring on the Storm
Complete all other trophies

#177 - Sheltered

8.81%

6th May 2018

1L3686a5.png

Hardcore Survivalist
Unlock all Trophies

#178 - This War Of Mine: The Little Ones

5.57%

12th May 2018

1L48c544.png

Epilogue: This War of Mine: The Little Ones
What's next? What do we do? Where do we go?

#179 - Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online

42.41%

20th May 2018

1L02d0a1.png

4 Goddesses Online Master
Proof you finished playing 4 Goddesses Online. Thank you for playing this far!

#180 - Dark Souls Remastered

27.15%

3rd June 2018

1L350be5.png

The Dark Soul
All trophies obtained. Congratulations!

Spoiler

There’s nothing to say here that I didn’t already say in my review of the PS3 game other than it was fantastic to be able to plat one of my all time favourite games again.

#181 - Red Dead Redemption

3.25%

3rd June 2018

1La7446b.png

Legend of the West
You've become a true legend of the west!

Spoiler

Red Dead Redemption wasn’t just plat #181, I also made it trophy milestone #10,000 as it is my all time favourite game. The game is set during the waning years of the Wild West. You play John Marston, a former outlaw who is tasked with tracking down your former gang members.

When the game first game out it looked stunning though coming back to plat it and playing it on a 4K TV, not so much. Your main mode of transport is on horseback which was a refreshing change from open world games with driving everywhere. It features a pretty big map with lots of different types of landscapes. One of my favourite things to do was sit on horseback, high up on a cliff watching the sun set over a red desert with a sparkling blue river down below.

There were plenty of guns to use including revolvers, lever action rifles and dynamite. There was a shooting mechanic called Deadeye which allowed you to slow down time and mark where you were going to shoot before triggering the firing which was a lot of fun. Along the way you also partook in other activities from the era like herding cattle, lassoing people or playing horse shoe.

Being a Rockstar game there were plenty of memorable characters. It also had a great soundtrack.

#182 - God Of War (2018)

29.27%

10th June 2018

1L13ff8b.png

Father and Son

Spoiler

God Of War is one of my favourite game series but I just couldn’t get into this game as much as most people did. The game was great from a technical view but the things I loved about the other games were gone. Combat was no longer over the top combos and laying waste to large groups of enemies at a time. Your main weapon is no longer the Blades Of Chaos/Athena but instead the Leviathan Axe. Although you do eventually get the Blades Of Chaos , I eventually found the Axe to be the better weapon. Kratos is no longer the angry vengeful man hellbent on doing what he has to do to the point that even the king of the gods, Zeus himself, will stop him. The game isn’t even set in ancient Greek mythology anymore but in Norse mythology. The other thing that gets annoying quickly is boy. Kratos is a father again, this time to a son. And he almost always call him boy, over and over and over ad infinitum. Even if you’ve never played the game this is the one thing you will very likely know about it.

#183 - PSYCHO-PASS: Mandatory Happiness

17.98%

15th June 2018

1L55f8af.png

Trophy Complete
You have obtained all trophies

Spoiler

I got this game from PS+ which was a good thing because it turned out to be a very boring visual novel. I did my first playthrough but once I started my second I thought to myself, I really didn’t enjoy my first, so I used text skip to get the plat so I could move onto something else.

#184 - Mugen Souls Z

1.74%

8th July 2018

1L8720e0.png

The Undisputed God...Is You!
You obtained every last trophy! Truly YOU are the undisputed god of this game!

#185 - Anima: Gate Of Memories

5.71%

14th July 2018

1L58b475.png

All Trophies
Obtain the other trophies.

#186 - Mafia 3

5.89%

28th July 2018

1L5435f7.png

Let the Good Times Roll
Obtained All Mafia III: Definitive Edition Trophies

Spoiler

Mafia 3 is a great game. It has a good story line and I really liked the main characters. It has been criticised for having very repetitive gameplay and while I guess it does I didn’t find it to be so and had a lot of fun with the combat. There was a good selection of fast cars for getting around the city and it has one of the best soundtracks I’ve heard in a game. There are collectibles but no trophies associated with them and no in game reward for collecting them and that’s because the collectibles themselves are the rewards, well 2 of them are. The collectibles I went after were the Playboy magazines which once collected shows you a few pages from the actual magazine including the centrefold. The other is Vargas paintings which are paintings of pin-up girls by Alberto Vargas.

#187 - Darksiders Warmastered Edition

19.69%

3rd August 2018

1La1d567.png

BFA
Unlocked EVERYTHING!

Spoiler

I picked up the Darksiders 2 remaster from PS+ so whenI I was this remaster on sale for just under $5 I decided to grab it. When I played the PS3 versions I liked 2 much more than 1 but playing them both again I much preferred 1 to 2. Looking back, the main and probably only reason I liked 2 more was because you eventually got the ability to craft weapons meaning you could craft a weapon that gives health back on a hit making you pretty much unkillable.

#188 - Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition

6.20%

12th August 2018

1L145b0a.png

BFA
Unlock Everything

#189 - No No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch

8.83%

1st September 2018

1L9b10ff.png

Wizardry Whiz
Awarded for becoming a master magician.
Congratulations! You truly are a whiz at wizardry!

#190 - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

41.08%

1st September 2018

1L0dd37a.png

Done
Collect all of the other trophies

Spoiler

Hellblade is very easily one of the best gaming experiences I’ve ever had. You play a young Pict warrior named Senua who, like her mother, suffers from psychosis. The main symptoms of her psychosis are hearing voices which is why this game has to be played with headphones and hallucinations. The game is divided into sections with combat and puzzles which work in extremely well with her hallucinations. The game is reasonably short at around 8 hours but is an enthralling experience the entire time. It is a very emotional game and once it finished and the credits start rolling the song Illusion by VNV Nation started playing it hit me like a ton of bricks. The game also includes a behind the scenes look at the making of the game and was incredibly interesting and well worth a watch.

#191 - Shadow Of The Colossus (PS3)

2.49%

16th September 2018

1L69143d.png

Wander and the Colossus
Acquired all Trophies

#192 - Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

22.54%

23rd September 2018

1L7c50e9.png

Odin Sphere
Obtained all trophies!

#193 - Project Cars

1.74%

6th October 2018

1La72a6f.png

One More For The Road
Earned all other Trophies

Spoiler

Having gotten back into racing games playing Driveclub I wanted another racing game to play so I bought Project Cars. It turns out PC is a racing simulator so I had to throw by usual style of driving out the door and learn how to drive properly. The good thing about this game is you can choose what difficulty to set the AI drivers to so I set the driver difficulty to 0 while I learnt to drive. I ended up keeping that difficulty the entire time I played it but I really should have turned it up a bit since I easily won basically every race but even so I had a lot of fun playing PC. As well as the usual quick races the game has different motorsport disciplines you can race in for career mode. For the most part cars were easy enough to handle once you found out how well they braked and cornered but there were a few vehicles that I had to find different set ups for online because the default set up made them undrivable. Although I still prefer arcade racers I absolutely loved this game.

#194 - Wasteland 2

4.06%

20th October 2018

1L1cee03.png

King of the Wasteland
Collect all trophies

#195 - Red Dead Redemption 2

2.31%

11th December 2018

1L020f53.png

Legend of the West
Legend of the West

Spoiler

Red Dead Redemption 2 is the sequel to Red Dead Redemption (? really) and story wise it is a prequel where you play as Arthur Morgan before their outlaw gang was broken up.

Firstly the game. RDR2 while being a great game wasn’t as good as the first for me. The map is absolutely huge, incorporating nearly the entire map from the first game and pretty much doubling it with new areas. There was an absolute plethora of animals inhabiting the world, no shortage of side activities to partake in and lots of great secrets to discover, my favourite being an NPC who is looking for his friend Gavin who wanders most of the map looking for him. The campaign is massive taking around 60 hours just to finish the storyline.

As for the reasons why I didn’t like this game as much as the first. My biggest gripe is that the game was made to be as realistic as possible. Want Arthur to be clean shaven, then shave every day. Don’t want Arthur looking dirty, then bathe every day. Don’t want any side effects from being under weight or over weight, then eat exactly the right amount of food. Games are meant to be an escape from reality so having to do things in a game I already have to do in real life was not fun (although most of the time I didn’t bother). Playing through the campaign the first time wasn’t anything special but I did find that when I came back to do gold medals knowing how the game plays!, I did actually like the campaign more.

Then there was the trophy list. It took me around 250 hours to plat RDR2 and it is one of the worst experiences I’ve had platting a game. The single player trophies took a very long time. The side quests had you doing fetch quests all over the map as well has dozens and dozens of collectibles. Tracking down and skinning every animal was boring and frustrating as some took a long time to get them to spawn in to the game. Then there was the MP. I started the MP a week after it went live and at that time there was almost nothing to do outside of the 6(?) story missions. The quickest way to level 50 was replaying the last checkpoint of the last mission over and over and over again which is probably the worst grind I’ve ever had to do. Saving up enough money for 5 stables was the last big thing to do and again was just boring and time consuming.

#196 - Cat Quest

76.35%

14th December 2018

1L10438f.png

Le Platinum Trophy
MEOW!

Spoiler

Cat Quest is a pretty simple game. You’re a cat, on a quest. There are a lot of cat puns, maybe even a few too many. Combat is reasonably fun. If there’s one thing I have noticed about this game, it’s that I have yet to come across anyone on here who didn’t like the game. It may be quick (well not so much by todays 30 second plats) and easy but it is just so very entertaining.

#197 - Monster Hunter: World

5.28%

8th January 2019

1L36826a.png

Conqueror of the New World
Unlock all trophies for Monster Hunter: World.

Spoiler

Monster Hunter: World was an incredibly fun game. It is also the only game I can recall where the grind (in this case for gold crowns) was actually fun. By the time I had done everything in the story line I still had quite a few crowns to go and spent a good 40/50 hours grinding the ones I needed yet at no time was it ever boring or felt like a chore. It certainly helped that another player and PSNP user had released a series of videos of how to gauge whether a monster was likely to give a gold crown.

For my weapon I went with the long sword as it was the easiest to learn as well as being my go to weapon in games. When doing arena quests you had to choose from preset loadouts so I did have a go at using other weapons and while I did like some of them, the long sword was still my favourite. I played most of the game, including all story related missions, solo and hunted all but the elder dragon crowns solo. Despite this I did spent a lot of time doing co-op by answering distress flares and running around a map in a group of 4 slaughtering monsters was a heap of fun.

#198 - Undertale

48.90%

8th January 2019

1Lb8278e.png

Don't You Have Anything Better to Do?
Obtain all other Undertale trophies.

Spoiler

I decided to get Undertale based on all the rave reviews I had read about it. Big mistake, at least for me. I cannot even begin to fathom why so many people like this game so much as I hated it. The only good thing about it was that you didn’t need to finish playing the game to get the plat and as soon as I had popped the plat, I deleted it as fast as I could. Since this I have now become more wary about by games based on how many people say it is good and do a bit more research before I buy a game based on how many good reviews it gets.

#199 - Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

12.86%

15th January 2019

1Lbe2d37.png

The Key to San Andreas
Unlock all trophies (the use of cheats will disable all trophies).

#200 - Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4)

8.15%

4th February 2019

1Lba9dc1.png

The True Arisen
Collected all other Dragon's Dogma trophies.

Spoiler

Dragon’s Dogma is one of my all time favourite games which is why I made the PS4 version :platinum:#200. This time around I went with pure bow/daggers class instead of the hybrid sword/shield or bow/daggers Assassin class. The trophy list had been reworked to include trophies for the DLC and one annoying trophy for speed running the game. Outside of that it was great to be able to plat the game again.

:platinum:Platinums 201 - 225:platinum:

Spoiler

#201 - Gravity Rush Remastered

25.34%

9th February 2019

1Lbfed98.png

It's all Relative
Collected every trophy. Congratulations!

#202 - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

2.47%

27th February 2019

1Ld4adec.png

#CantKillProgress
You experienced Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ and collected all trophies. Congrats!

#203 - Port Royale 3

3.09%

10th March 2019

1L34a645.png

Poseidon
All Trophies received

#204 - Demon's Souls (NA)

10.17%

16th March 2019

1L7a50b2.png

Toughest Soul Trophy
All Trophies Obtained

Spoiler

Given how much I love the Souls series I decided to stack the NA version. Having played the game legit on the EU stack I decided to abuse the duplication glitch to level up very quickly and strengthen all my weapons. It was fun being able to go through the game without having to worry about health having full stacks of every healing item and easily destroying every enemy and boss you encounter.

#205 - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

27.14%

6th April 2019

1L4f87d9.png

Sekiro
All trophies have been unlocked.

Spoiler

When I found out that From Software was releasing a new game that was similar to the Souls series it was an instant day one purchase and play for me. Not that it would have put me off buying the game but I probably should have had a closer look at the game before it came out. I didn’t want to know anymore than I needed to about the game before it came out so I had no idea that the entire combat system was built around parrying. And what is one thing I’m rubbish at in games so rarely bother doing it, yep, parrying. This meant that I found the game pretty hard. Unlike a Souls game there was no co-op to make things easier. Increasing your health is done by finding collectibles and increasing your attack involves defeating bosses. In other words, if you are struggling, your only option is to “git gud”. This is exactly what I had to do. Some bosses I was able to defeat slowly by just chipping away at their health but there were a few bosses where this didn’t work and I had to knuckle down and learn their move set and how to counter each attack. Outside of that it was an excellent game and while it had some similar mechanics to a Souls game, it was also different enough that it didn’t feel like a Souls game. The only annoying thing was screwing up at some point meaning I had to do a third playthrough for the plat.

#206 - Steins;Gate

47.10%

13th April 2019

1L3b4dd2.png

Sky Clad Observer
Unlocked all trophies.

Spoiler

Steins;Gate is easily the best visual novel I’ve ever played and can say it is the best VN I will ever play. I won’t go into details on the plot as it can get complicated quickly but it is the best story I have ever come across anywhere and that includes games, movies, tv series and books. Gameplay is almost nonexistent where occasionally replying to a text message will determine which ending you get. The game has 5 different endings. The first four are bad endings that are simply awful and heart breaking. By far the worst for me was Lukas ending which nearly had me in tears it was so tragic. The good news is that like so many Japanese games, the last ending is the True ending which is the best ending. And as bad as the other endings were, it made the True ending that much better. I really liked all the main characters including the one who is something of an antagonist but my favourite is Mayushii who is just the loveliest, most innocent and kind person you could ever want to meet and the way she says (sings really) tutturu when greeting people is just adorable.

#207 - Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed

9.52%

21st April 2019

1L3ed4fe.png

Advent of the Akiba God
Obtained every trophy.

#208 - Tales Of Symphonia: Dawn Of The New World

4.24%

11th May 2019

1Lb0b104.png

True Dawn of the New World
You have obtained all trophies. This truly is the dawn of a new world!

#209 - 2064: Read Only Memories

7.34%

16th May 2019

1L318a69.png

Plasteel and Silica
Unlock all other trophies

#210 - Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered

9.61%

19th May 2019

1L75c775.png

Just another day at the office
Earn all available trophies for Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® Remastered.

Spoiler

On the PS3 this game was called Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. It was one of the first PS3 games I had and is in my top five favourite games of all time. It is also one of the most enjoyable and entertaining games I have ever played. The two main reason I like this game so much are the levels Death From Above and All Ghillied Up. Death From Above has you in an AC-130 Spectre gunship providing close air support for you team on the ground. You get control of the 20mm cannon, 40mm Bofors cannon and a 105mm howitzer. The mission takes place at night so you are using 

infrared cameras while your team on the ground has strobe lights to designate them as friendlies. 

All Ghillied Up is a flashback mission where you are the shooter in a two man sniper team tasked with taking out a terrorist. The mission doesn’t go according to plan and you are spotted and shot at by an attack helicopter that causes your partner to break his leg meaning you have to carry him back to the exfil point. Along the way you have to stop every so often to take out enemies that are chasing you and when you finally get to the exfil point you are told your ride out is 10 minutes away and you have a large number of enemies soldiers closing in on you so you will have to dig and defend your position.

Although these are my two favourite levels the entire game was fantastic and filled with non stop action. I had played a number of first person shooters before this but they had all been either set in World War 2 so playing a modern warfare game made it even better.

#211 - Risen 3: Titan Lords

8.31%

1st June 2019

1L352a1a.png

Titan Lord
All trophies obtained

#212 - Catherine

1.28%

23rd June 2019

1L21b6dd.png

Cheers To You!
Earn all other Trophies!

Spoiler

So how exactly do you describe Catherine to someone who knows nothing about it. It’s a pretty odd game story wise and gameplay is climbing walls of blocks in your nightmares. Then again it’s a Japanese game so in that respect it’s not surprising that it’s an odd game. The story section of the game is easy enough even on Hard difficulty as everything is scripted so you can just follow a video guide on what to do. The Rapunzel mini game is easy and the levels are quick but it’s easily one of the worst grinds I’ve had to do in a game and eventually I ended up doing about half in one sitting just to be done with it. The final section of the game is Babel. There are 4 levels with each level being longer and harder than the previous and it’s randomly generated so all you can rely on is what you’ve learnt from the story levels. Thankfully there is a way to make it slightly easier by playing in 2 player mode and this makes levels a bit shorter and easier. Of course by doing this you have to control both characters and when moving one up you have to make sure that the other can follow. It took me a week to get through all 4 levels and it was a big relief when I finished the final one and the platinum popped.

#213 - Word Search by POWGI

53.40%

30th June 2019

1L7c3f2b.png

Howl to the Chief
Collect all the trophies

Spoiler

This is the one and only POWGI game I have on my profile as it’s a rather time consuming plat compared to the direction they have gone with the trophy lists for all their other games. Word Search is just word searches, hundreds of them. They generally take around 5 minutes to complete so I put on some music and searched away. It was nice being able to play a relaxing game where I didn’t need to be concerned with looking at any sort of guide.

#214 - Lost Sphear

28.75%

7th July 2019

1L2d19fd.png

Tale of Memories and the Moon
All trophies earned.

#215 - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

5.42%

26th July 2019

1L9e41ed.png

Prizes, Plunder, and Adventure! 
Win every trophy.

Spoiler

Of all the Assassin’s Creed games I have played Black Flag is easily my favourite for 2 reasons, naval warfare and the sea shanties. Naval warfare had featured in AC3 but there were only a few battles. ACIV was centred around a pirate as the main character which meant there was plenty of naval warfare. As you go through the game you can upgrade your ship and you also get different types of ammo including chained cannon balls for taking out a ships mast. Typically you come across multiple enemy ships when at sea but once you get the hang of sailing and how best to take out ships then it is so much fun. While at sea (and you do spend a lot of time at sea) you can get your crew members to sing sea shanties which I always did. I’m not really sure why I liked the sea shanties so much but I did. The only slightly annoying thing was if you wanted more sea shanties than the base ones you had to chase them down as a side activity and while I did have a go at a few I very quickly stopped bothering as after a few fails I got sick of trying. As for everything else in the game, well I didn’t care about anything else in the game. I was there for the naval warfare and stuck around for the sea shanties.

#216 - Resident Evil

5.81%

6th August 2019

1L78159c.png

Platinum Splattin' 'Em!
Earn all trophies.

Spoiler

I’ve probably already mentioned elsewhere that I didn’t have a lot of games on PS1 and PS2 so Resident Evil is another classic series that I had never experienced. This remake was my first foray into the series and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even though it is a remake it still played like the original including having static cameras which was annoying but you get used to it. I had to use a guide for most of my playthroughs as I got lost in the mansion rather easily but by the time I got to my 5th and 6th playthroughs I pretty much knew where to go and what to do.

#217 - Shenmue

35.43%

10th August 2019

1L2e39bd.png

Full Cabinet
Earn all the Trophies. Well done!

Spoiler

I bought Shenmue because back in high school a friend of mine had a Dreamcast and this was one of his favourite games though the only part of it I could actually remember was the forklift driving and racing. The game was decent enough though I can’t say I liked all the QTE of which there were a lot.

#218 - L.A. Noire (PS4)

16.36%

24th August 2019

1Ldb5e8f.png

Platinum Trophy
Collect all other trophies to unlock.

Spoiler

I bought the LA Noire remaster as I love the game and wanted the chance to platinum it again. Despite there being 6.5 years between playing the PS3 and PS4 version I still remembered an awful lot about the cases in the game which somewhat diminished the amount of fun I had playing it again. The only real downside to the remaster is that Rockstar felt it necessary to add in even more pointless collectibles even if there weren’t many.

#219 - Samurai Warriors 4

4.78%

15th September 2019

1Lf09f18.png

Unrivaled Warrior
Obtain all trophies.

#220 - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

12.11%

5th October 2019

1L6e7aeb.png

Master of the Wildlands
Collected all the trophies.

Spoiler

I initially held off getting this game as a lot of people were noting that it was full of bugs and glitches. Once I did get around to playing it, it was a lot of fun. It’s starts of slightly underwhelming as your only way of getting around the map is by driving and given how hilly the map is you can’t go off-roading to drive in a straight line. Once you get the ability to call in a chopper then the map really opens up. The very first thing I did after getting a chopper was to find out the locations of all the best weapons and attachments and go get them to really start having some fun.

One of the best aspects of the game is the ability to get your 3 NPC teammates to take down a tagged enemy when you kill an enemy although you have to progress a ways into the game to be able to have all 3 available for a multi kill. Like I do in the Far Cry games my favourite way of taking down bases is to tag all enemies then find some high ground and snipe as many enemies as I can before somebody notices a dead body and raises the alarm.

There are 2 DLCs. Wildlands is a shooter but Narco Road was mostly all about racing which I didn't care for but being able to drive around in a monster truck was kinda fun. Fallen Ghosts was ok but it had a few new enemies including cloaked enemies and enemies who disrupted your minimap among other things which were rather annoying.

#221 - Shenmue 2

40.52%

9th October 2019

1L15a0c1.png

Now I Can Sleep
That's it. No more Trophies.

Spoiler

Shenmue 2 is one of the worst game experiences I’ve ever had. The in game maps are basically useless making getting around that much more difficult. But the worst part by far was the epilogue. It dragged on for an hour and most of that time was spent running through a forest hoping you were going the right way. It well and truly put me off even thinking about whether or not to get the third game.

#222 - Burnout Paradise Remastered

22.26%

9th November 2019

1La2d963.png

Burnout Paradise Elite
Awarded for successfully collecting all trophies from Burnout Paradise

#223 - Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War

14.69%

24th November 2019

1Lfd4eb8.png

The Bright Lord
Middle-earth has been saved. For now...

#224 - The Surge

7.54%

6th December 2019

1L47c653.png

The Surge
Unlock all trophies

Spoiler

The Surge is a science fiction/technology based Souls like game. Given how much I like the Souls game I was really looking forward to playing this. There is in-game mechanic where when you die your tech scrap (for levelling up) is left where you died but you are on a timer to get it back and if that time runs out then it’s gone forever. However if when you pick up your scrap you have more than 5 minutes on your timer (which is increased by killing enemies) then you get your tech scrap back plus another 50% bonus. It also happen that the best place to farm this mechanic is right at the start of the game. I abused this mechanic several times throughout the game which did make it a lot easier. That being said, the levelling system works different to other games. Levelling up in The Surge doesn’t increase you health, attack or defence. It unlocks more power core slots which allows you to slot in more or higher level cores which is how you increase your stats. So while early power levelling doesn’t instantly make the game easier it does allow you to have more power cores slotted sooner and you can use higher level ones as soon as you get them. The only real downside (if you can call it that) is that the game is very short. There is a total of 5 bosses in the base game which can be doubled if you get both DLCs. Because of this I decided to do 2 full playthroughs instead of reloading my save to get both endings in one playthrough.

#225 - Sniper Elite 4

3.96%

24th December 2019

1L744aa3.png

Platinum Trophy
Win all other trophies to take your place as the world's greatest sniper

Spoiler

Having absolutely loved Sniper Elite 3 it was a no brainer to get SE4. It was just as fun as the previous game. This time the game didn’t have ambient sounds that you could use to mask your shots, instead it had silenced ammo. Not really sure how that was supposed to work but it’s a video game so it doesn’t need to be realistic to be fun. That being said, by far my favourite playthrough was on Authentic Plus difficulty as well not making any manual saves. Authentic Plus is a perma death mode where dying sends you back to the start of the level. I played through this difficulty in co-op as well as doing most missions solo when my partners time zone didn’t match up with mine. It was a lot of fun in co-op and communication was key as it only took a few shots to die so making sure the other person knew where enemies were or letting them know where ammo/health kits were could make all the difference.

:platinum:Platinums 226 - 250:platinum:

Spoiler

#226 - Call Of Duty Classic

11.05%

28th December 2019

1Le0cf25.png

Dutiful Soldier
Unlock all the other trophies

#227 - Skyrim (PS4)

14.79%

9th January 2020

1L8a17d0.png

Platinum Trophy
Collect all other 50 Trophies for this Trophy

Spoiler

A bit of backstory first. I had played Oblivion on PS3 but put it down after 150 hours as it became too boring going into cave after cave after cave (I wanted to discover every location on the map) and the only thing changing was the layout of the cave. I eventually picked it up again and was able to get back in to it but put it down after finishing the Shivering Isles DLC but being unable to get back to the main map by either walking there or fast travelling with the game freezing every time I tried. I then came back to it a third game and was able to get back to the main map. I played for a while longer (I eventually put just over 270 hours total into playing it) but I put it down again for the last time for 2 reasons. Firstly was because I wanted to close all 60 oblivion gates and when I came across the 59th every time I got close to it the game froze. And by this time I was starting to trophy hunt and given how buggy/glitchy the game was I decided to spend my time playing games with trophies instead.

Now on to Skyrim, the game so popular it’s getting a fourth release and I have bought 3 of these versions. I first bought Skyrim when it released on PS3 but held of playing it for so long that I ended up buying the Legendary Edition so I would have all the DLC. I then held off playing that version so long that a PS4 remaster was released. I told myself I wasn’t going to buy it a third time but after watching a graphics comparison video I bought it. For a third time.

As far as the game goes I didn’t overly like it and found it to be very generic. The story line wasn’t interesting at all and the combat was extremely boring. I went with a sword and shield and only had two attacks with one being just a stronger attack than the other. I levelled up blacksmithing and various other traits so that I could eventually craft daedric armour and weapons. Once I had done this I was unstoppable and could kill anything outside of dragons with just a couple of hits. I eventually had to turn the difficulty up to the highest setting once the appeal of one shotting most enemies wore off. There’s a massive amount of lore in Elder Scroll games but I never bothered reading anything (well except for The Lusty Argonian Maid for which I read every book :P). I’ve never liked the way levelling works in these games and I resorted to the cheap method of getting to level 50 for that trophy. I got married in the game but couldn’t go with my first choice as I had screwed up my chance with her earlier by making a certain choice in a quest. House building was a decent enough addition to the game but since I didn’t care for the game I only built what I had to for the trophies.

All in all my experience with Skyrim was not a overly good one so this will be the last Elder Scrolls game I play.

#228 - Duke Nukem Forever

5.39%

17th January 2020

1Le84c13.png

Savior of the Universe
You got them all!

#229 - Megadimension Neptunia VII

11.27%

2nd February 2020

1Lddb30b.png

Megadimension Master
Completed Neptunia VII!

#230 - Oxenfree

24.01%

29th February 2020

1Ldbd696.png

Leave Possible?
Collect all trophies.

#231 - Tales Of Zestiria

3.65%

8th March 2020

1L780863.png

Master of Zestiria
This is proof that you've obtained all trophies. We're thrilled you like the game so much, and we hope to meet you again in future titles!

Spoiler

Zestiria is by far the worst Tales Of game I have played and going by other reviews on here a lot of people agree. There were some aspects of the game that were just awful and some stupid trophies as well. As far as the game goes the worst part was how levelling worked. Other Tales Of games gave you stat increases when you level up however in Zestiria your main stat increases came from finding and using herbs on characters. While levelling up did increase stats they were tiny increases and using herbs meant you had to use the right herb on the right character so that you didn’t, for example, increase a characters physical damage when they did more damage with arts (magic attacks).

The other thing that I disliked was that to increase your health you had to defeat bosses that you came across in various dungeons to get an item to increase your health. The problem was that when you came across them the first time you would never be strong to defeat them. And if you did try, it was pointless as they would simply one shot your entire party very very quickly. Even coming back later at a higher level with better gear some of them were pretty tough.

As far as trophies go it was pretty standard for a Tales Of list but the worst trophy was for getting the same bonus on every piece of gear for a single character with a character able to have 16 bonuses total. The first hard part was figuring out how the whole system worked and while I read some tutorials it really came down to just playing around and seeing what happens when I do this or that. Then you had to farm certain enemies to get gear drops with whatever bonus you chose to use then you had to combine them to get all the same bonus on your gear. I don’t know what purpose this trophy had (probably to just annoy you) but it was an awful experience.

Outside of these things I did like the characters and the combat system was fun. The storyline was stereotypical for a Tales Of game or any JRPG really. Despite what the platinum title says I didn’t enjoy my time with the game but it hasn’t put me off Tales Of games and I am looking forward to playing Berseria at some point.

#232 - Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty

2.73%

15th March 2020

1Le0aca3.png

Against All Odds
Mudokon God, Mudokon Saviour

#233 - Gauntlet

2.14%

25th March 2020

1La9fe5c.png

I've not seen such bravery!
Complete all Trophies in Gauntlet™

#234 - BioShock Remastered

13.12%

27th March 2020

1L9ec349.png

Platinum Trophy
Unlocked all trophies

#235 - Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

4.23%

30th March 2020

1L66630f.png

All In
Earn all available Trophies for Modern Warfare® 3.

#236 - Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash

22.74%

1st April 2020

1Lf7eb56.png

MARVELOUS!
Obtained all trophies.

Spoiler

Not having a Vita meant I couldn’t play this series from the start so I decided to get Peach Beach Splash. Why? Well I won’t lie, it was because of big boobs in bikinis. There wasn’t much of a story, not that it mattered anyway as I was more interested in the gameplay. I liked all the girls and my favourite was Ryona.

#237 - Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends

1.59%

12th April 2020

1L5a5b1b.png

True Warrior of the 3 Kingdoms
Obtain all of the trophies in the game.

#238 - Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

39.79%

17th April 2020

1L545d29.png

You Found It
Gained all trophies.

#239 - Dead Island: Definitive Edition

7.98%

22nd April 2020

1L035bce.png

The Whole World Went Away
Collect all other trophies.

#240 - Far Cry 3: Classic Edition

40.73%

3rd May 2020

1L7dd7b9.png

Mastered the Jungle
Obtain all the Trophies.

#241 - Rise Of The Tomb Raider

6.85%

17th May 2020

1L440ad2.png

Platinum
You unlocked every trophy in the game

#242 - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

5.16%

13th June 2020

1L590838.png

Legend
Obtain all trophies.

Spoiler

My first foray into this classic series was Metal Gear Solid 4 (I played it before it had a trophy list which is why it’s not on my profile). While it was a pretty good game I liked The Phantom Pain immensely more. It has a fairly long plat time but as you go through the game you are able to develop more and more weapons/items so replaying a mission with better or more useful gear means it doesn’t feel repetitive. Having no knowledge of the history of the series meant I didn’t really care too much about the story so I was playing it for the gameplay more than anything. I always went full stealth/non-lethal as once you get a Forward Operating Base you need to fill it with soldiers which are best obtained from extracting soldiers during missions. Extracting soldiers is done by fulton extraction which involves attaching them to a balloon which whisks them away in to the sky. It was always amusing watching an unconscious soldier wake up groggily when the ballon took them about 10m into the air before hearing them cry out as they were shot all the way up and out of eye sight.

#243 - Assassin's Creed Liberation Remastered

19.64%

18th June 2020

1Ld35cd9.png

Julius Caesar
Earn every Trophy.

#244 - BioShock 2 Remastered

19.90%

21st June 2020

1L9b22ba.png

Platinum Trophy
Unlocked all trophies

#245 - Prey

5.53%

4th July 2020

1Lcbc09b.png

TranStar Employee of the Year
You acquired all the trophies.

Spoiler

#246 - PixelJunk Nom Nom Galaxy

13th July 2020

1L95b6a4.png

Master Chef
Congratulations!

#247 - Demon's Souls (AS)

16.32%

19th July 2020

1L89f53d.png

Toughest Soul Trophy
All Trophies Obtained

Spoiler

The third and final stack for the PS3 version of Demon’s Souls. Like the NA stack I abused the duplication glitch. The only issue I had with the AS version is that even thought the Chinese release is in English, the names of some items had changed which had me horribly confused until I figured this out.

#248 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered

15.65%

24th July 2020

1L54495c.png

Platinum
Earn all Uncharted: Drake's Fortune™ Remastered Trophies

#249 - Shadow Tactics

6.15%

7th August 2020

1Lb4a58f.png

Shadow Tactician
Unlock all trophies.

#250 - The Last Of Us Remastered

5.32%

28th August 2020

1L351129.png

It can't be for nothing
Platinum Trophy

Spoiler

There’s nothing more to add here about the game that I haven’t mentioned in the PS3 version. Years ago when I came back to plat the PS3 version I was going to make it my 6000th trophy however I got mixed up on my final MP journey and ended up popping it early which was extremely annoying so I went with the Demon’s Souls plat instead. Fast forward a few years and I got the PS4 version off PS+ so decided to make it a plat milestone as it’s one of the best games ever made and in my top 10 favourite games.

:platinum:Platinums 251 - 275:platinum:

Spoiler

#251 - Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

2.66%

28th August 2020

1Lab26b9.png

Romero Would Be Proud
Collect All Trophies

Spoiler

Funny story time. I got the PS3 version of this game for free as one of my 2 free games from the big PSN hack a long time ago. I played the first level but just couldn’t get used to the controls so didn’t even finish the first level. Some time later I got the PS4 version off PS+ and played through the game. I was talking about the game to a work mate and mentioned that I had it on PS3 but couldn’t get used to the controls at which point he pointed out that the controls are the same for both games. Turns out they were. After playing through the PS4 version I then went on to play through the PS3 version as well.

#252 - Just Cause 3

3.24%

11th September 2020

1Ldbf0a6.png

King of Medici
Earned all Just Cause 3 Trophies

Spoiler

Just Cause 3 was a pretty fun game that’s all about causing as much chaos and destruction as possible. And given that everything on the military bases is destructible, it makes this easy to do. The game has you liberating Medici from the control of a crazed dictator. Getting around is pretty easy as you have a tether you can use to pull yourself to objects and a wingsuit so you can glide. There’s plenty of weapons to choose from or you can just call in an attack helicopter and just destroy everything in sight with missiles. Getting 5 gears wasn’t too bad as a lot of the base destruction challenges had a helicopter nearby making them very easy. The wingsuit challenges were by far the hardest and of the 5 hardest ones I did 4 of them legit before finding out that there is a rocket powered wingsuit in one of the DLCs that made these challenges very simple (even though you technically weren’t supposed to be able to use them but could because of a bug).

#253 - Dead Nation

5.66%

16th September 2020

1Lefe39c.png

Romero Would Be Proud
Collect All Trophies

Spoiler

Dead Nation is a top down, twin stick zombie shooter and it is a heap of fun. There’s a good selection of weapons each with their pros and cons though buying all guns isn’t always a good idea as it can be potentially fatal trying to select a specific weapon if you’re surrounded. There are also armour sets that can make you move faster or allow you to take more damage or you can mix and match.

For the longest time I put off going for the plat specifically because of mission 7 on harder difficulties. The first sections are easy enough but the final part has a bunch of tombs that when destroyed spawn a wave of enemies all the while you have mouth zombies who are constantly spawning dozens of basic zombies every time they scream. I ended up coming across a video that showed how to make this level much easier by not killing any zombies until the final area as this meant that there were so many zombies already spawned in that mouths couldn’t spawn any more zombies. Grim and Morbid difficulties didn’t end up being quite as hard as I thought but they were still a good challenge. The hardest part of getting 100% is reaching round 10 in Endless mode as there is very little room for jistakes.

#254 - Mad Max

7.26%

27th September 2020

1Ld10ba1.png

Halls of Valhalla
Earn all Trophies

#255 - Devil May Cry

6.20%

4th October 2020

1Lf86be2.png

Platinum Trophy
Unlock all trophies

Spoiler

I first played DMC for a Kill Your Completion event. I was able to get through the game and all but 3 trophies in 3 days. The game was pretty fun although (and this applies to all 3 DMC games) the biggest enemy was by far the camera. If there’s one thing I definitely don’t miss about older games it’s having a static camera. After my initial playthrough I put the game aside for a long time as completing the game on Dante Must Die difficulty sounded very hard. Eventually I relented as I wasn’t going to play the next 2 games in the HD trilogy until I had platted the first. I decided I was going to do a quick run on Normal to get reacquainted with the game but it turned out that completing the game on Normal automatically puts you into Hard and you can’t change the difficulty until you complete Hard mode. It turned out that Hard wasn’t all that hard and I ended up doing another 2 runs on Normal to farm items for DMD as once you know what to do you can knockout the game in a couple of hours. The second farming run was eventually unnecessary as I didn’t even use all the items I had. Although DMD wasn’t easy, it also wasn’t quite as tough as I expected it to be.

#256 - Titanfall 2

8.56%

10th October 2020

1L8f9b2f.png

Welcome to the 6-4
Earned all trophies.

#257 - Devil May Cry 2

9.04%

16th October 2020

1L73db49.png

Platinum Trophy
Unlock all trophies

Spoiler

Everywhere that I looked told me that DMC2 is the worst game in the series and having played it, this is definitely true. Since New Zealand is in PAL territory I was able to use cheats to get the Infinite Devil Trigger outfit right from the get go which made things a lot quicker and easier. The worst part of going for the plat was the Bloody Palace. Even with going up 100 floors at a time with infinite devil trigger it was a tedious and very boring couple of hours to reach floor 9000.

#258 - The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Of Cold Steel

14.37%

2nd November 2020

1Lb2b55c.png

Cold Steel Conqueror
Mastered Trails of Cold Steel and earned every trophy.

#259 - RAGE

4.06%

11th November 2020

1L8d7097.png

Master of the Wastelands
Earn all 50 Trophies

#260 - Demon's Souls (PS5)

28.40%

21st November 2020

1L2adaa8.png

Slayer of Trophies
All Trophies Obtained

#261 - Marvel's Spider-Man

45.80%

28th November 2020

1La2014d.png

Be Greater
Collect all Trophies

Spoiler

While I can certainly see why people liked this game so much I thoroughly hated it by the end of the game. While swinging around the city was a lot of fun, it was the combat that was the problem for me. You get introduced to an enemy and told this is how you defeat them. You then get introduced to a second type of enemy but you can’t defeat them the same way as the first. You then get introduced to a third enemy and told you can’t defeat them the way you can defeat the first 2 enemies. And so on for each type of enemy. I constantly found myself surrounded by enemies and trying to take them all out while not being able to defeat any 2 enemy types in the same way gets very annoying very fast. It got even worse when taking down bases as there would be dozens of enemies that you would be trying to take down meanwhile there are enemies constantly interrupting you by shooting you. I eventually got that sick of the combat that I didn’t want to play it any longer than I had to so about 75% into the game I started skipping all cut scenes though I still got the gist of what was happening with the story from what little I did see. Of course after finishing the game came the DLC, 3 of them. I skipped all cut scenes for all DLCs and then after finishing them came a second playthrough for the NG+ and Ultimate difficulty trophies.

#262 - Tom Clancy's The Division

10.87%

11th January 2021

1L9fe468.png

Platinum Agent
Unlocked every Trophy in Tom Clancy's The Division™.

Spoiler

The Division is an open world military shooter and was exactly what I was looking to play after enjoying Ghost Recon Wildlands so much. Playing the game during an actual worldwide pandemic was certainly fascinating as the game is set in a quarantined New York after a viral pandemic has left the country in tatters. There are collectibles in the form of voice messages, among other types, that are almost eerie and prophetic with how close they resemble things that are happening in the real world including a couple of gamers talking about how much they are getting done in a game because of the quarantine.

Gameplay was pretty formulaic with a range of guns and abilities but combat was never boring. There were a bunch of different armour sets that gave you more bonuses the more pieces you were wearing from that set including classified gear that gave extra bonuses compared to standard gear. As with other games I did my research before starting the game and decided I wanted to go with a Classified Striker build as it sounded like a lot of fun. Unfortunately getting Classified gear isn’t a quick or easy process and before I could get a full set there was global monthly event and I decided to go with a different build as global event caches give you classified gear from specific sets. Of course what happens not long after I put together my new build, I ended up getting a full set of Classified Striker gear. I did out together my original build but by this time I was just about finished the game so didn’t get to use it much but it was incredibly fun what little I did use it.

I did all story related stuff solo but did spend a lot of time doing co-op once I had a decent build put together. I pretty much only played on Legendary difficulty as when you have a good team the only difficulty worth playing on is the hardest one.

There are 3 DLCs but I didn’t like any of them. The Underground was the worst as it was just straight up boring. The game tells you there are so many variations on different runs but every single one was exactly the same. Go here and kill enemies, go here and push a button and then kill enemies, kill enemies till one drops an item you need. The grind to Underground level 40 was incredibly boring. Next was Survival mode. You can either play in PvP or PvE mode. The game puts you on the map where it is always freezing and you are sick to the point it will kill you quickly if you don’t take some meds. Your goal is to get warm clothes, meds and weapons while crafting a filter and flare gun so you can get to the Dark Zone to extract and complete a game. I can see the appeal in this game mode but I never really enjoyed it as you will always be competing against other people for scarce resources and it seemed like the game would always put everyone in a game close to each other on the map meaning you might have to go a long way from your starting point to find anything good. I might have enjoyed this mode more if you could play it solo (you're the only one in the game) as it was tough enough as it was. The third DLC was a PvP mode which I have no interest in in any game. The servers for New Zealand/Australia were completely dead so my only option was to boost. Luckily I joned a group and boosted nearly all 50 wins. It did involve getting a lot less sleep than I would like (sessions either started around 1am or 5am) but I was just glad to get the trophies.

#263 - Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr

5.65%

7th February 2021

1Lc6a20d.png

FOR THE EMPEROR!
Earn all Trophies to please the Emperor of Mankind.

#264 - Steins;Gate 0

60.46%

13th February 2021

1L2d9694.png

To the Promised Place
100% Completed Steins;Gate 0.

#265 - Sniper Ghost Warrior 3

15.56%

20th February 2021

1L394b1c.png

I Am More
Unlock all Trophies

Spoiler

Despite all the mediocre reviews and many issues with this game I decided to get the double pack of this game and Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts as I had absolutely loved Ghost Recon Wildlands and really wanted to play another open world military shooter. Comparing the double pack price to getting SGWC only meant that SGW3 only cost me about $5 so I figured even if it isn’t a great game and least it wasn’t expensive.

Ghost Warrior 3 isn’t a bad game but it’s definitely not a good game either. The world wasn’t very interesting and there was no reason to explore anywhere outside of getting collectibles. The missions were pretty short and the story line wasn’t even remotely noteworthy. The combat was reasonably fun and you could get some pretty long kill shots. I don’t know if I was simply very lucky or it was because I played the game on my PS5 but I encountered almost no issues with the game at all and the issues I did have were very minor.

#266 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered

18.89%

27th February 2021

1L393cc8.png

Platinum
Earn all Uncharted 2: Among Thieves™ Remastered Trophies

#267 - The Witch And The Hundred Knight: Revival Edition

6.94%

19th March 2021

1L61210d.png

Legendary Hundred Knight!!
You got all the trophies.

#268 - Project Cars 2

3.98%

28th March 2021

1L0bdb48.png

One More For The Road
Earned all other trophies

#269 - Darksiders 3

12.40%

6th April 2021

1L8ae90c.png

BFA
Unlock Everything

#270 - Far Cry 5

15.97%

23rd April 2021

1L66b132.png

We Always Had Faith In You
Obtain all the Trophies.

#271 - F.E.A.R. 3

2.53%

29th April 2021

1L006f2f.png

Master of F.E.A.R.
Received all other trophies

#272 - The Evil Within

3.90%

21st May 2021

1L1da614.png

Pure Evil
Unlocked all trophies for The Evil Within.

Spoiler

I absolutely loved The Evil Within for all the brutal violence and gore in it. The game has you playing as a detective sent to investigate a mass murder at a mental hospital and as far as the horror genre goes, a mental hospital is always a set up for horrible things happening. As you make your way through the game you slowly learn just what has happened that has led to all the horrific violence that you witness and propagate. The enemies, while not being anything extraordinary are wrapped in barbed wire or have (crossbow) bolts lodged in them making them grotesque to look at.

My first playthrough was my no upgrade run. Not being able to hold a lot of ammo or upgrade weapon damage wasn’t much of an issue but the worst part was not being able to upgrade how long you can sprint for. Not that you could actually sprint, it was more of a fast jog and when you got to 25% stamina left, you slowed down even more. My second playthrough was a fully upgraded one but it was also my less than 5 hour speedrun so I never got the time to really enjoy dispatching enemies. My third playthrough was on the daunting Akumu difficulty where one hit will kill you. When the game first came out it was no doubt tough but these days there are so many walkthroughs and tips that it wasn’t as hard as I expected. I followed a video guide on YouTube that made so many parts easier and simpler than I would have thought possible. It also helped that the copy I got came with the Fighting Chance DLC which includes the incredibly useful fire bolts despite the fact that it was a preorder bonus and I got the game well after release. The two story related DLCs I didn’t enjoy at all. The third has you playing as the one the enemies from the game, the Keeper and has you clearing out enemies on various maps.

#273 - Omega Quintet

4.16%

8th June 2021

1Lc5933b.png

Platinum Trophy
Obtained all trophies.

#274 - Alien Isolation

6.05%

13th June 2021

1L199d7b.png

Alien: Isolation
Unlocked every Alien: Isolation trophy

#275 - Nioh 2

32.05%

25th July 2021

1Lc10cb8.png

You Are Nioh
Obtained all trophies.

Spoiler

As much as I loved Nioh, I hated Nioh 2. The first disappointment came when I was planning on making the Nioh 2 plat milestone #275 only to find out that after 250 plats, each new plat milestone is every 50 plats whereas I had been thinking that occurred after plat milestone #300.

Nioh 2 was very much like the first game with a few new things added meaning by rights I should have loved this game as well. Right from the start I struggled with killing enemies. I’m not sure why as I’ve played many hundreds of hours of Souls/Souls-like games so it should’ve been easy enough. Then came the first boss. My first time attacking the boss I was shocked by how little damage I was doing and saw the fight taking forever. After about 7 or 8 deaths the game told me about burst attacks and how I could counter them. Once I learnt this the boss fight became somewhat easier. As I made my way through the game I quickly realised however that every single yokai boss fight was simply countering a burst attack then wailing on them while every human boss was about chipping away at their ki till they ran out. Although burst attacks/counters were a good game mechanic I didn’t particularly care for it.

The other thing that I didn’t like about the game was putting together a build. I was really hoping there would be a trophy for completing every base game mission on Way Of The Demon difficulty like in Nioh even though Team Ninja said they wouldn’t do that again. There was however a trophy for each DLC for completing every DLC mission on WotD. This was probably a good thing as I really wasn’t enjoying the game and didn’t want to play it any more than I had to. In Nioh I was able to put together my WotD build before starting WotD. For Nioh 2 a lot of people advised going all the way through to the 5th and final difficulty and farming gear there for the 3rd difficulty. This was of course completely and utterly counter-intuitive. Why would I need to play through the game 5 times just to make playing on the 3rd difficulty easier. I did find a build I wanted to go with but it turned out that farming the Underworld for gear with specific graces was not going to work because my current build just wasn’t strong enough so I had to settle for something lesser than what I wanted. Although getting to the final difficulty was easy enough by just playing side missions then completing the final mission to unlock each new difficulty, this was easily my biggest dislike of the game. I could have out together a build to get me through WotD without going too far into WotD missions but some of the DLC missions I would have had a lot of trouble with, without having much higher level gear.

I disliked this game so much that I put some serious thought into whether or not I should just autopop nearly the entire PS5 trophy list for Nioh 2 when I get around to playing it but it’s highly likely I won’t as I didn’t buy The Nioh Collection (PS5 remasters of both games) just to not even really play one. That being said, at least a second time around I’ll know what I’m getting in to. The last thing I’ll say is that as much as I disliked the game, I did spend a lot of time helping people out in co-op which was a lot of fun.

:platinum:Platinums 276 - 300:platinum:

Spoiler

#276 - Erica

22.81%

30th July 2021

1L71acb5.png

That's a Wrap
Unlock all bronze, silver and gold trophies.

#277 - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

22.47%

2nd August 2021

1L27c9f6.png

Pragmatism's Last Reward
Earned every other trophy in the game.

#278 - Anthem

6.19%

13th August 2021

1L293e19.png

Grandmaster
Collect all Trophies.

Spoiler

Despite everything I had heard about Anthem I still wanted to play it so I picked it up when it was cheap. The best thing about Anthem is the combat. There’s 4 different classes to choose from and although you have to spend some time with each class for trophy purposes, my main was the Colossus. Each class has different abilities including ones that can prime and then detonate enemies for big combo damage. Combat becomes best once you start getting masterwork and legendary gear as these come with an added bonus. Each class also has weapon types that are specific to that class. The only real downside to the combat is that there are only 3 types of enemy (not counting non-human enemies) in the game.

Outside of missions there’s freeplay and the world is a decent enough size and getting around by flying is fun enough. Collectibles (of which there are far too many) will have you exploring everywhere as well. While combat is fun missions are somewhat boring as they are always the same thing, fly and and kill everything. I guess this isn’t that different to missions in other looter shooters but in Anthem it definitely wasn’t as fun as other games like Destiny. Once you’ve finished the game there’s very little end game content which made trying to put together my ultimate build boring and it didn’t take long before I couldn’t be bothered with the grind so got the plat so I could be done with it.

#279 - Fallen Legion: Flames Of Rebellion

1.89%

19th August 2021

1Lefa8ca.png

Hero of the People
Congratulations! You obtained all of the trophies.

#280 - Devil May Cry 3

9.04%

28th August 2021

1Lef82e2.png
Platinum Trophy

Unlock all trophies.

Spoiler

While DMC3 was a decent enough game the first one is still my favourite. As always the biggest enemy in this game was the camera. While you could move the camera in some areas, the speed it moved at was far to slow to really be useful. Going for the plat was not a fun experience. I did 7 playthroughs which was at least 4 more than I would like to have done. DMC3 introduced a new difficulty called Heaven or Hell where every single enemy including bosses die in just one hit. The catch is, so do you. This mode was pretty fun after Dante Must Die difficulty but there were a couple of times I got stuck against certain enemies as the camera made it very difficult to not get hit.

#281 - DmC: Devil May Cry

5.35%
11th  September 2021

1L3938dd.png

Platinum Trophy 

Collect all DmC Devil May CryTrophies

Spoiler

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the DMC series and as far as it being a reboot instead of a continuation, I didn’t like it. The devs tried to make Dante ‘cool’ but he just came off as a tryhard. For example, when arguing with Vergil about who’s better at what, Dante has to get the last line in by claiming he has a bigger dick or when asked how he handled not being in control and how he released that energy, it was by killing demons and getting laid.

The combat however was almost completely better. It was a lot more fluid and you had all your weapons/guns equipped at the same time instead of selecting two of each. The only thing I didn’t like was that there was no lock-on which made trying to target a specific enemy to take out first rather difficult. The angel weapons were also vastly underpowered compared to the demon weapons (not that I would expect any different) but this made taking out an enemy that could only be damaged by angel weapons rather laborious. The boss battles were really good with the fight against Bob Barbas being very unique and the Mundus spawn boss being utterly bizarre.

There was also a new difficulty called Hell And Hell that is similar to Heaven And Hell except enemies have full health but you still die in one hit. Of course with the Super Dante costume giving infinite Devil Trigger this was mostly trivial except for boss fights but even then I only found Virgil to be a hard fight.

#282 - BioShock Infinite: The Complete Edition

10.44%

24th September 2021

1L694538.png
Platinum Columbia

Acquire all other trophies.

Spoiler

BioShock Infinite is easily one of my top ten favourite games. It has a fantastic story that even on repeat playthroughs is still amazing to see unfold. You also pick up on things that you wouldn’t have known were significant the first time around. For example when finding a video on YouTube for the song that plays when you first enter the church in Columbia and you actually listen to the words, you realise that they are foreshadowing what will happen.

Elizabeth is easily one of the best NPCs in any video game ever (I’d most likely put her in the top 3). She is always useful in battle as she never gets in the way, will throw you health/salts/ammo when you are getting low and is always finding money and pointing out lock picks.

There’s a good selection of weapons and vigors though on Normal difficulty I tended not to use vigors very much as ammo was always plentiful and could always be bought if you wanted to keep a certain weapon on you. I generally don’t like playing games on the hardest difficulty as it can end up ruining the experience if you struggle a lot however 1999 mode (and with not using Dollar Bill bending machines) isn’t too hard when you know what weapons/vigors to use on which enemy and BioShock is one of the few series that I’ve enjoyed playing on the hardest difficulty.

#283 - Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

30.31%

29th October 2021

1L13cef7.png

Epic Cycle

Earn every trophy.

Spoiler

Assassin’s Creed games have completely changed since Origins released. They are barely Assassin’s Creed games like every game before it and are now massive open world RPGs. For the most part I enjoyed Odyssey. I’ve always had an interest in Ancient Greece so I really enjoyed the setting. The world it’s set in is absolutely huge and filled with things to do however the world activities are very repetitive and near the end of the game I stopped taking down camps and caves as I had already done so many of them and there was no benefit to doing more. Synchronisation points are still present making fast travelling around the huge map very easy. I played the game in exploration mode which meant that I had to find my own way around in there world and wasn’t told exactly where to go for quests. This did get frustrating at times because there were far too many times when a quest would tell you to (for example) go to the centre of a particular city where I would just wander around like an idiot searching for an NPC only to find them somewhere that I would not consider to be the centre of that city.

Combat was pretty fun. There are 5 different melee weapon types as well as having a bow. For assassinations you use the spear tip of King Leonidas’ spear. You have normal and heavy attacks and can unlock abilities from the Hunter, Warrior and Assassin skill trees. I unlocked the Sparta Kick ability pretty early and while it was a lot of fun to kill an enemy by Sparta kicking them off a ledge, I specced out of it not too long afterwards it wasn’t all that useful of a skill. I left scaling on default when I started which was a mistake as I would get a quest at level 10, finish it at level 15 but get level 10 rewards. This made it hard for a bit as I always had under levelled gear until I switched to Heavy scaling which scaled everything to my current level. At level 55 I put a build together that had a 99% crit hit chance and did over 500% crit damage that meant I could one shot any non-boss enemy. However it was a glass cannon build as I used an engraving that gave +100% damage but health is restricted to 25%. This did lead to a lot of deaths if I got into open combat and eventually I did a bit of respeccing into melee resistance which meant a lot less deaths.

The story was decent enough. The first big DLC was Legacy Of The First Blade which I didn’t really like especially when you are forced in to a relationship at the end of episode 2 so I ended up skipping through all dialogue and cut scenes in episode 3. The Fate Of Atlantis was much better as all 3 episodes introduced new maps. There were some great NPCs in the game like Brasidas and Sokrates but my favourite was Alkibiades. There was one quest where he has you deliver the Ancient Greek equivalent of a dick pic.

The only thing I really didn’t like about the game was the Mercenary/Bounty Hunter feature. Every time you did something naughty you would have a bounty put on you which when it was high enough a mercenary would be sent to kill you with a maximum of 5 after you at any time. Even if you killed a bounty hunter this wouldn’t reduce the bounty but instead another mercenary would be after you. You could get rid of the bounty by paying (which I never did), kill the person that out the bounty on you or just wait and the bounty would go away after a while. Mercenaries would always show up at incredibly annoying times like when taking down a fort (which are the biggest enemy locations in the game) and having 1, 2 or even 3 mercenaries show up making it harder to complete the fort. They even show up in the middle of quests which could make escort missions even more annoying. It also didn’t matter if you fast travelled from one side of the map to the other, they would fast travel and be back on your tail in less than a minute.

#284 - Wreckfest (PS5)

15.96%

2nd November 2021

1Lece7d0.png
Master of Crashes.

Collect All Trophies.

Spoiler

Wreckfest is a pretty short but fun game. It’s a racing/destruction derby game although sometimes it’s hard to tell when it’s a race with how the AI drives. Other than custom set races or online races there are 4 championships you can take part in. There are a bunch of different events including destruction derbies, race series, challenges and single races with qualifiers. Once you earn enough points you can not only win the overall championship but also unlock the next championship. Although there are many different cars you can earn and buy, you can just use a single car for the entire game by changing the different mods on it to give you more power and less armour or vice versa. However it’s easier to use different cars for different events.

Destruction derbies were pretty fun. Put as much armour on your car as you can and go to town on the other drivers. That being said you did need to be a wee bit tactical about it as the best way to hit a car is from the side as you take minimal damage while doing maximum damage to the other car whereas hitting a car from the front or back does much more damage to you as well. Races were mostly just about racing and it didn’t always pay to try to wreck another car as that can cause you to crash as well. On the final championship the long races series were more like destruction derbies as by the time a race had finished there was a pretty good chance at least half of the AI cars would have wrecked each other or themselves and in some cases you could be the only driver left before a race had finished. This made things a bit annoying as it wasn’t really about trying to come first so much as it was just trying to survive.

The game had a pretty decent soundtrack although there weren’t many songs. It also took me a while to get the balance between the music and the sound of the car balanced and it ended up with the music volume at 100% and the car volume at 15%.

#286 - Farming Simulator 19

5.66%

7th November 2021

1La15e8a.png
Completionist

Collect all trophies

Spoiler

Despite no interest in Farming Simulator 19 I decided to grab it from PS+ and give it a go as something completely different. The game can be as simple or as in-depth as you want. You can turn off or on needing to plow your fields regularly, use lime or have crops withering. I turned off almost everything as I didn’t want to complicate things more than necessary. Jumping into single player puts you on your chosen map, and that’s it. No automatic tutorials or anything so I was at a complete loss as to what to do. I quit back to the main menu and manually went through most of the tutorials that tell you the basics about cultivating, fertilising, seeding and harvesting crops. Once this was done I was ready to go.

There wasn’t too much of a learning curve and using the MP to SP method you can start with $10m which is very handy. I started off building a silo and buying a bunch of tractors with the necessary attachments. The only real issue was getting my harvesters with a 12m header back to my farm. I took the first one via road which was very time consuming as a 12m header on a road that is considerably narrower was not easy but I managed it. The proper way would be to load the header onto a truck to get it there but on moving my second harvester I had a look at the map and ended up taking the rest off road as there was basically nothing in the way.

Once my farm was up and running I started on the animal breeding trophies. I wanted to be an equal opportunity farmer so when it came to buying cows I got 10 each of the 4 available colours. At some point I noticed the timer for how long it would take to breed one cow and it was a massive 170 hours despite the guide saying it should be considerably lower. I had no idea what I was doing wrong until I googled it and found a formula for calculating breeding time. It turns out the devs decided to make the cows (and probably all other animals) colourist (that’s a word right?). Namely, black cows wouldn’t breed with white cows wouldn’t breed with black and white cows and so on. Once I sold my cows and got 40 of the same colour the breeding time dropped to 40 hours. Not sure why that happens but it seems like a pretty picky thing to place in a video game.

Eventually I got the animal trophies put of the way and it was time to grind out the hectare trophies. I bought a plow and turned two of my smaller fields into one bigger one as well as increasing the size of another and I bought 2 new fields. I then sold all my machinery and bought bigger tractors to pull bigger attachments and colour coded the tractors so I knew which tractor was needed next to save time. I also found out after buying a 6th field and while doing the missions trophy that you can only hire 6 workers at a time on the console version which was rather annoying. But once I had completed 100 missions it no longer mattered.

All in all it’s a pretty decent game but not one that I’d want to play another version of however I enjoyed my time with it well enough. One other very handy thing is that unlike so many other games on console, FS19 has mods. This made some tasks extremely easy. Need to haul hay bales to your farm but don’t want to manually load them with a telehandler onto a truck? Download and buy an auto-loading trailer to do it for you. Want to remove a tree with out cutting it down, cutting it into smaller logs and carting it to the saw mill? Download and buy a machine that basically deletes tress with nothing left over. There is a huge range of community mods that can make a lot of tasks so much easier. If there’s something you can think of that would make a task easier, chances are there’s a mod for it.

#287 - Ratchet & Clank

13th November 2021

21.52%

1L78e2ce.png

The Hero of Heroes
Collect every trophy in Ratchet & Clank

Edited by FilmFanatic
  • Like 4

PSN 100% Games

100% #1 - Thomas Was Alone

May 11th 2013

L2e6801.png

Thomas Was Alone is easily the best platforming game I've ever played. The characters are all blocks comprising different shapes and colours all with different abilities. In other words, it doesn't get any simpler than this. And that's what I loved about it, it's so simple. Add to that each character has their own amusing or quirky background story and you have a game I loved playing.

100% #2 - Contrast

December 1st 2013

Ld01c83.png

100% #3 - Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons

March 10th 2014

L49f77e.png

100% #4 - Stick It To The Man

June 16th 2014

L128eef.png

100% #5 - Outlast

June 16th 2014

Lbfff4e.png

In the days of PS1 and PS2 I never played any of the Resident Evil or Silent Hill games so this was the first truly scary game I had played. And when I was scary I'm not kidding, it was terrifying. Although it didn't take long to finish I played it over a few days. Every time I sat down to play it again it was only a few minutes before I could feel my heart beating in my chest and my palms getting slightly sweaty as I didn't know what to expect. There were some really great jump scenes and one scared me so much when I yelled out my flatmate in the next room even got a fright! Of course it was only scary the first time round. It really is the ultimate horror survival game because in Outlast you can't fight back. At all. You can only run away and hide and hope the enemies don't see where you went. The characters breathing and low light levels and a video camera with night vision just add to the horror that you see going on all around you. My nightmare speed run took a few tries but in the end I got through it and was awarded a trophy I'm rather proud of. Ok, that wasn't short but that's because this was a truly amazing game that everyone who can, should experience.

100% #6 - Proteus

September 8th 2014

52d7e0de9b6eaa48065eba1b707a3d7c.png

100% #7 - Vessel

September 13th 2014

L889961.png

100% #8 - FEZ

September 13th 2014

L4afaeb.png

100% #9 - Doki-Doki Universe

October 26th 2014

Lf8a677.png

100% #10 - SteamWorld Dig

December 19th 2014

L23cada.png

SteamWorld Dig was a very entertaining game. Working your way down underground as a mining robot while getting all sorts of upgrades and power ups was a lot of fun. Trying to decide which was the best way down past all the enemies was always a good challenge. Each of the three worlds were quite different which made things more interesting. The Master Prospector trophy was certainly not easy and although I got it in one playthrough there were a lots and lots of retries to make sure I took the best and most efficient route.

100% #11 - Escape Plan

December 21st 2014

L2e4ef5.png

100% #12 - Valiant Hearts: The Great War

March 27th 2015

L12bad9.png

Valiant Hearts was an amazing game. It was beautiful to look at, had a great soundtrack and was very emotional. It was also educational thanks to information that popped up in each level and for once in a game I actually took the time to read all the 'codex' entries. The ending was very sad but then again war is not a pleasant thing. The Healing Hero trophy was very annoying and took me a full hour before I finally got it but it was an otherwise fantastic game to play.

100% #13 - Never Alone

1st May 2015

Lef6c16.png

100% #14 - The Walking Dead: Season 2

May 16th 2015

L6a019d.png

Season 2 of The Walking Dead was even better than the first season. This time around you get to play as Clementine which is a nice change of pace from playing as an adult in pretty much every other game ever. Clementine is now 11 years old and a lot more mature and world weary. It was fun playing as her as people tend to underestimate her as being just a kid. There are new people to meet and like or dislike as well as a couple of returning faces from season 1. As with the first game I played diplomatically to try and get the best possible outcomes from every situation the survivors are put in. When it came to the final chapter things are going from bad to worse for Clem and her group of survivors and the final decisions you have to make are not easy. The game can end in 1 of 7 different ways and at first I went with one ending but decided to go back and try another one as I wasn't completely sure I was going to like the option I had chosen. After I had finished the game I went on YouTube to view all the different endings and I was glad I had chosen to save the character I did although I'm still unsure whether my decision to leave that character and go a separate way was the best but I can always go back and change that if necessary.

100% #15 - The Unfinished Swan

13th June 2015

L22ed8b.png

Although it only took me 3 hours to complete, The Unfinished Swan was an absolute joy to play. From shooting paint-balls to find my way round the world to shooting water to make vines grow to listening to the story that makes up some of the collectibles, it really was a fantastic and certainly unique game.

100% #16 - Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

20th June 2015

Lfd79b5.png

MGS:GZ was a lot of fun. Crawling around and sneaking up behind the enemies to kill them or taking them out from range with the silenced assault rifle provided hours of enjoyment. I did 5 playthroughs of each mission to get the 100% and not once did I get bored of playing the same map which was good. If there's one thing it it taught me it;s that there's a whole lot of back-story to the series I will never catch up on but that doesn't lessen the entertainment factor.

100% #17 - CounterSpy

1st August 2015

L34749d.png

I have to say I really enjoyed CounterSpy. The whole 2.5D layout worked really well with the side scrolling. There was a good range of different weapons although I stuck with the same guns through all playthroughs. Same went with the formulas. Playing through on Advanced and Expert was a real challenge. It took a lot of retries but after about 10 hours of trying I finally got the trophy.

100% #18 - rain

29th August 2015

La4489f.png

100% #19 - Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

25th December 2015

L441bda.png

100% #20 - Grow Home

13th February 2016

L49d9ec.png

100% #21 Firewatch

23rd February 2016

Le87c46.png

100% #22 The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter

25th February 2016

L722019.png

100% #23 Unmechanical Extended

26th February 2016

Lfe84a6.png

100% #24 Child Of Light

18th March 2016

Led1bfe.png

Child Of Light was an absolutely gorgeous game. The graphics were beautiful, the story was great and although it took me a few battles to get the hang of the combat, once I did it was a lot of fun.

100% #25 Beyond Good & Evil

29th May 2016

Lb74146.png

100% #26 Doodle God

12th September 2016

L9f5335.png

100% #27 Doodle Devil

13th Sep 2016

L11bc55.png

100% #28 Doodle Kingdom

13th September 2016

Lca601f.png

100% #29 Journey

16th September 2016

f9d633b270dd24e2017cdf98206eb5da.png

100% #30 Kung Fu Rabbit

8th April 2017

L19c7d5.png

100% #31 Dear Esther: Landmark Edition

29th April 2017

L09e2e0.png

100% #32 MouseCraft

11th June 2017

La14672.png

100% #33 Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris

16th June 2017

L336f40.png

100% #34 Hatoful Boyfriend

1st October 2017

L937613.png

100% #35 Hue

12th November 2017

La511ee.png

100% #36 What Remains Of Edith Finch

3rd June 2018

L1052dd.png

100% #37 Xeodrifter

9th February 2019

Ld04dd7.png

100% #38 SOMA

10th February 2019

Lad8fb9.png

100% #39 Don't Starve

23rd April 2020

L765e87.png

100% #40 Road Not Taken

4th May 2020

L6f5b3c.png

Edited by FilmFanatic
  • Like 2

Game Backlog

Playstation 3

Batman: Arkham City

DmC Devil May Cry

Playstation 4

Trine 2Complete Story

Diablo 3

Helldivers

Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma

Gravity Rush 2

Fallen Legion: Sins Of An Empire

Exist Archive

Root Letter

Yakuza 0

Tales Of Berseria

BioShock: Infinite

Yakuza Kiwami

Detroit: Become Human

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered

Torment: Tides Of Numenera

Outlast 2

Persona 5

Trails Of Cold Steel 2

Cat Quest 2

Far Cry New Dawn

Uncharted 3

Nier: Automata

Dead Island: Riptide

Dead Island Retro Revenge

We Happy Few

Worldend Syndrome

Dragons Crown Pro

Farming Simulator 19

A Way Out

Dragon Quest XI

The Surge 2

Modern Warfare 2 Remastered

Man Of Medan

Sniper Elite V2 Remastered

Vampyr

Hollow Knight

Resident Evil 7

Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts

The Crew 2

Shadow Of The Tomb Raider

Greedfall

Code Vein

Bound By Flame

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

RemnantFrom The Ashes

Zombie Army 4

Subnautica

Stranded Deep

Cities: Skyline

A Plague Tale

Ratchet & Clank

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered

Styx: Shards Of Darkness

428: Shibuya Scramble

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Re-Reckoning

The Persistance

Valkyria Revolution

Playstation 5

Maneater
Control

Nioh Remastered

Nioh 2 Remastered

Wreckfest

Games in blue are Playstation Plus games.

Edited by FilmFanatic

The following will be a list of games that I plan on playing next or at specific times.

Current List Of To Play Next Games

Farming Simulator 19

Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

Trine 2: Complete Story

Detroit: Become Human

Subnautica

Dead Rising 2

Cat Quest 2

Modern Warfare 2 Remastered

Control

Call Of Duty Black Ops

The Crew 2

Bound By Flame

Root Letter

Horizon: Forbidden West

Elden Ring

Vampyr

Tales Of Berseria

Long Game Over Next Xmas Holidays

Day One Purchase/Play

Elden Ring

Horizon: Forbidden West

Edited by FilmFanatic

• 3 months later...

Well the Plat Rain Day event is over for me, actually it was over at 2am this morning. It's taken me awhile to do but I am finally now able to update this checklist with 15 shiny new :platinum:  for Goat Simulator, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Puppeteer, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Okami HD, Assassins Creed 2, Killzone 3, Middle-Earth: Shadow Of Mordor GOTY, The Wolf Among Us, Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition, Magicka 2, Metro: Last Light Redux, Ether One, The Order: 1886 and Bloodborne and another 100% PSN game for Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

100%s added for The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter and Unmechanical Extended. Tales From The Borderlands and Watch Dogs have both been platted which puts me at 99 platinums. Now I just have to wait till April 12 for Dark Souls 3 to come out and I can start on :platinum:#100.

You've been busy ^^. Lots of great platinums, your collection is solid, and you have a lot of games that are ready to be platted. Will you be going back and revisiting [PROTOTYPE], Bioshock 2, Dead Nation and Batman: Arkham Asylum? Also Dark Souls 3, will be an awesome 100th platinum, but Vanquish would also make an epic #100. Unless you're saving that for another milestone? Like Plat #125 or #150?

You've been busy ^^. Lots of great platinums, your collection is solid, and you have a lot of games that are ready to be platted. Will you be going back and revisiting [PROTOTYPE], Bioshock 2, Dead Nation and Batman: Arkham Asylum? Also Dark Souls 3, will be an awesome 100th platinum, but Vanquish would also make an epic #100. Unless you're saving that for another milestone? Like Plat #125 or #150?

Despite what it looks like, Prototype and Vanquish I won't be going back to as I don't want to waste my time and patience on something I very likely won't achieve but I've gotten every other trophy in those games so I'm happy with that. Batman; well I suck at fighting so don't plan on playing that again either. Bioshock 2 I want to 100% this year at some point I just don't know when. Dead Nation I would love to plat, I'm just not sure about how I'll go with that horrendous graveyard mission. I've thought about playing a level here and there but haven't started yet. I'm going with DS3 as my 100th as the Souls games are my favourite game series and in tribute to my very first plat being Dark Souls.

• 1 month later...

Congrats on Number 100 mate, great effort and pretty good choice for the milestone

Thanks, yeah it seemed like a really good choice to go with Dark Souls 3 as my first plat was Dark Souls plus the Souls games are my favourite series. Luckily the release date coincided with plat #100 as well so didn't have to hold off earning plats for too long.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Platinums for Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Broken Age and Uncharted 4 have been added. I've also broken into the top 50 New Zealand leaderboard as well as the top 10,000 World leaderboard so now I just need to make sure I keep earning trophies to stay there.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So after many months I've finally gotten around to updating my platinum trophies as well as redoing all the platinum images after the site update. I joined Hemiaks Kill Your Completion Again event in November which added a lot of unearned trophies to my list but I'm still going to keep my Less Than 1000 Unearned as achieved anyway :P.

• 8 months later...

It's been about 9 or 10 months since I last updated my checklist but I've finally gotten around to it adding more than a few new platinums and 100%s. I've also had to move a few things around since I was getting some annoying bug where my spoilers tags wouldn't open in my second post and I found out how many emotes you can use in a single post (75 is the maximum it would seem, after that they won't show as the emote but as what you type in to get it to show). I haven't noted down my thoughts on every new game I've completed yet either but I'll get around to it eventually.

• 3 months later...

Updated with all my latest platinums. I still haven't gotten around to writing what I think about my latest plats but I will......one day.......won't I? I'll also be getting 2 new milestones this year, :platinum:175 will be Nioh which I'm looking forward to playing and trophy #10,000 is going to be the plat from my favourite game, Red Dead Redemption.