Star Ocean: Second Evolution Port Coming to PS4 and vita

chellesan

Just released today in Japan and bought it.  Costs ¥2,268 exactly, which means it should cost ~€15 when (if?) it hits the west, assuming they don't jack up the price.

As for the graphical upgrade (which they didn't show off too much until now), it looks pretty ugly on PS4, lol.  That's what happens when you put a portable game onto the big screen I guess.  Below are PS4 screenshots.

20151028-starocean2-02.jpg

20151028-starocean2-05.jpg

Little to no PSV screenshots yet.  They'll pop up in the coming days as people play the game.

Source with more screenshots: https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/1780/20151028-starocean2.html

is the menus in english or does it have a option to make them in english? thanks

Haven't started it yet, but highly unlikely.  It's extremely rare for Japanese games to have English subtitle options, realistically they have no need for them.

Just imagine the trophy description:

"Defeat Indalecio/Gabriel after removing his seal in X minutes"

The trophy list is actually really, really simple this time.  Having a quick skim of the list, there's loads of story-related trophies, with perhaps a bit of light grinding.  Have to wait and see what the Japanese players have to say.

• 1 month later...

I really hope they do release it in English, seems like there is little sense not to since they already have an English translation from the PSP version. A bit odd that there is no Star Ocean 1 also though yeah. As for Star Ocean 3, they might release that via the so called "PS2 backwards compatibility" that they're doing. I really hope we see all three again with trophies anyway :D.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

So, I think we can close the book on an NA release. Too bad - Star Ocean 2 was a good game. But on the bright side, even if Square did bring it over, they'd probably just raise the price to $50.

Does anyone know what the trophies are in English? I know SO2 like the back of my hand, and honestly, the localization was pretty horrendous back in the day, anyway. I might pick it up from the JP store if I knew what I was looking for in the game.

Edited by starcrunch061