ps3 graphics problem whilst playing online - lag or freezes

rockstarjazz

i dont understand why this has been happening alot lately in the past few days whilst playing gta online. literally every mission would have a moment where the picture freezes and then its either ok after that or it freezes, and the sound either loops or the radio just keeps on playing. also i noticed that it takes some time for the picture detail to appear, e.g. when looking out theres supposed to be a building in front but instead get the mountains at the far back and then things just pop in. road detail is another. this happens alot of the time whilst driving. i think its a graphics problem, like it cannot keep up or something.

i did a database rebuild on my ps3 and the problem still persists. what else can i try because i have to resort to switching off the ps3, while frozen, during play in gta online, and i hate doing that because i either lose rp points or my stats gets so messed up that it can harm my chances in getting trophies etc.

thanks

i got the physical game. its not like i constantly eject and put it back in, i've been playing gta5 and only gta5 for the past two months.

and i dont understand why this lag/freeze issue is happening now, as i've been playing online for the past month?

what else could it be? could it be corrupt data on certain parts of the map? is there anything else i can do for my ps3 and game before resorting to buying the digital version and/or a new console? i really dont want to do that as i am 2 trophies away from getting the platinum for this game.

The chances of the issue coming from your disc is very small, unless of course you majorly scratched it purposely. The coating on bluray discs are pretty durable. 

This is definitely a hardware issue. Does your system heat up immensely during these lag and freezes? It is summer and its been really hot these last 2 months. of course you could be living in somewhere cold. but if your system heats up it could be causing you these issues. so maybe a fan issue? 

It could be a installation issue. GTA got some major patches lately? Maybe backup save and reinstall if possible. and patch everything fresh. That is why sometimes i hate patches. they try to fix something but breaks something and sometimes it just break games only for a few people.