Guides - Date Published?

Go to solution Solved by Dragon-Archon,

I see that there is no date published for guides. I would like to know how old a guide is or how new. It'd be nice to know when my guides were also published. Sure there may be a comment from the guide team on the day of the publishing or a random dude appreciating it but usually that is not always the case. There should also be a date where the guide was also last updated, so you know if it's that good.

This feature makes sense because there are multiple guides for the same game, now you'll know which is newer. Yes, there could be comments, but that doesn't do much justice. Having a "Last Updated" date would just be really nice to have as well for obvious reasons.

• Like 4

I see that there is no date published for guides. I would like to know how old a guide is or how new. It'd be nice to know when my guides were also published. Sure there may be a comment from the guide team on the day of the publishing or a random dude appreciating it but usually that is not always the case. There should also be a date where the guide was also last updated, so you know if it's that good.

This feature makes sense because there are multiple guides for the same game, now you'll know which is newer. Yes, there could be comments, but that doesn't do much justice. Having a "Last Updated" date would just be really nice to have as well for obvious reasons.

You can check both the publish date and the last edit date by clicking on a trophy in the trophy list. The trophy description from the guide will be there and in the lower right corner will be a green text that says something like: Published *date goes here* - Updated *date goes here*. With this you can check when each trophy was updated, because these dates are unique for each of them. The downside is you can't check when the roadmap or the Tips & Strategies were updated.

Here's an example from the Dragon Age Inquisition guide

Published 27th December 2014 - Updated 4th June 2015
Edited by Dragon-Archon

I like this idea.

You can check both the publish date and the last edit date by clicking on a trophy in the trophy list. The trophy description from the guide will be there and in the lower right corner will be a green text that says something like this: 

Would be nice to see the guides with that as well when you open them.

Yeah, I agree - I've been wanting to see this, it would be pretty useful. Especially if like another person plagiarizes your guide then messages you accusing you of plagiarism and stuff like that :P

Even if it's just text at the bottom of the page that says "First Published ... , Last Updated ..."

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

You can check both the publish date and the last edit date by clicking on a trophy in the trophy list. The trophy description from the guide will be there and in the lower right corner will be a green text that says something like: Published *date goes here* - Updated *date goes here*. With this you can check when each trophy was updated, because these dates are unique for each of them. The downside is you can't check when the roadmap or the Tips & Strategies were updated.

Here's an example from the Dragon Age Inquisition guide

Hmm I never bothered to notice that lol. Sure I guess that makes sense but why not display the publish date on the main guide page? I rarely go to a single trophy and look at it anyway.

You can check both the publish date and the last edit date by clicking on a trophy in the trophy list...

Hah, I've never noticed that! I still want it somewhere on guides :P

I thought it was stated at the beginning that there wouldn't be multiple trophy guides for the same game?

You can make a guide for the same game, as long as the guide is on par or better than the existing one. Battlefield Hardline and Bloodborne are recent examples ;)

Edit: Nah, the old guide is not unpublished.

Edited by BlindMango

That's what I meant. If the new guide is better than the old one, I thought from that statement that the old one would be removed or unpublished so that the best one is the only one that shows.

No, that would be disheartening and disrespectful for the writers who put a lot of time and effort into a guide. 

Edited by Dragon-Archon

• 5 weeks later...

since this just came up (sorry for slightly off-topic): has a feature already been suggested to put the difficulty and "timespan" of a game guide in the list/overview.

including the possibility to sort and filter by those, of course. 

so i can quickly look for a guide on a quick/easy game if i'm searching for some trophy hunting inspiration for the weekend or something ;)

• Like 1

Though, you gotta wonder how that happened if you consider that most of the current active members do not agree with this DLC rarity =D

It seems Sly uses the current system because it's fairer than the previous rarity. Though there exceptions, where DLC trophies are more common than the main game's trophies, like the Last of Us Grounded Mode DLC and Mirror's Edge 75 + 90 stars DLC trophies.