Post the last trophy you earned

BDKSimba

L7b2fd8.png

Branching Paths 

1Le66689.png

I knew literally nothing about this game, so much so that when I found it in the used bin at Gamestop literally 3 hours ago I thought someone traded in a game from a different region. But it looked interesting, and was a cheap price, the art on the back looked interesting enough, and I was in need of a break from Darkstalkers 2. I wanted something light and colorful to break away from the comic book dark edgyness that game shoves down your throat. So I used a coupon, took it home, and..........

76c9c2744428becfec979762f6fc55e8_origina

Why? Why did I pick this game up? I mean, don't get me wrong, there are a few things worthwhile, and in some ways it is, but its because of those reasons that I regret buying it even more.

The game promises visuals akin to a storybook, but look at the above screen. Look at a gameplay video. Ugly models, ugly environments, embarrassing fade distances; this shit barely passed as an early PS2 SHOVELWARE. 

It promises the story of a young girl and robot bonding whilst escaping an evil kingdom and its witch queen, but in the actual game, the story is nonexistent. No cutscenes, no narration, not even TEXT. Barely a tune here and there, and no voice-acting outside the girl jumping and screaming when caught.

It also promises gameplay involving tricky puzzles, with perilous combat, and there..... it actually delivers, at least with the puzzles. Seriously, the puzzles, which require button pressing, platforming, and light combat, does a good job of making you think ahead. There are actually some pretty tense moments too, as only the robot can fend of enemies; approaching them as the girl results in an immediate capture/game over. And seeing as to how alot of puzzles require you to split the pair up to tackle different objectives, there were plenty of "oh shit oh shit, that bots gonna catch me where the frick is my robot" scenarios. I spent a little more time then I would've liked to slashing and sniping enemies then I think this game really needed, but overall, I loved the gameplay here, and that's what kept me going.

But that's also what broke my heart in the end. I kept on, thinking there's gotta be something more, something else, something to make it all worthwhile. So how does it end?

On a cliffhanger. A CLIFFHANGER, because this was only meant to be CHAPTER ONE, and judging how well this did on Kickstarter AND the public, it's 99% gonna be the only one we get. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2039811773/the-girl-and-the-robot

To quote a part of the KillScreen review "Fairytales have drama. They have problems, too. There are epic battles and evil forces. But there’s also an inherent quality of childlike wonder, and a feeling that everything is going to turn out okay. There is necessary magic and glee among all the gloom. In the end, there’s a happy ending, or at least a conclusive one. The Girl and the Robot doesn’t have this."

Here's how it ends, for your sake. Better now then a punch to the gut like I got.

It should've been something better than it was. to quote KillScreen again, "A beast unlike its intended making; a truly broken nightmare"

Edited by Red_August
  • Like 3

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition

11Ladf5c6.png

40-gold.png Walked the Path

Finish the game on the "Death March!" difficulty level.

Last trophy I needed for the plat, and the official end of my 2nd playthrough. Sure, this one was a bit rushed, and was done on NG+, but it was quite challenging at some points, mainly some boss fights and the Oxenfurt prison quest. Definetly has to be harder on a fresh start, but I was just going after it for plat purposes...nah, who am I kidding, this game has an amazing story, it deserves more than one playthrough.

• Like 4