Post the last trophy you earned

BDKSimba

3Lea3212.png

Titanfall 2

Trophy: Become the Master! (10.24% PSNProfiles 1.60% Sony)

Where do I begin with this trophy, oh yeah I know this was a pain in the arse to get! It took me 2 hours to beat the 33.65 second time limit. I was very unlucky on more than one occasion because I reached the finish line within the time limit but I missed a single target so I failed. For those of you who don't know what this trophy entails or why it's difficult I will enlighten you.

You need to place in the top 3 pilots on the 'Pilot's Gauntlet', which is a simulation course which has 15 targets dotted around the map. Your goal is simple, defeat every target and clear the gauntlet in under 33.65 seconds and the trophy is yours, but nothing is that simple! You can use whatever combination of weapons and grenades you desire, the issue is there's no in-game counter so every run you attempt you have to hope and pray you got them all otherwise for every target you miss, you receive a 2 second penalty which is added to your clear time.

Due to the nature of the game you need to double jump and wall-run onto various walls in order to maintain enough speed to unlock the achievement. For reference purposes my average speed was 35 KPH, I used the Shotgun and ARC grenades. I'll provide some tips below on what worked for me, the trophy guide states the game is a 6/10, I think that's a bit low to be honest, if I struggled for 2 hours this is harder than a 6, I'd hate to play a 7/10 if this is a 6/10.

General Tips

- Before heading through the starting line, if you press slide followed quickly by a jump you will move faster! Make sure you wall run to the left before you cross the start line.

- The 1st grenade toss which MUST destroy all 3 targets was a pain in the arse, most of my restarts were because my grenade failed to destroy all 3 targets. Try to aim for just behind the middle target.

- Immediately after tossing the first grenade, use your double jump ability whilst cooking your next grenade and release it under the doorway pre-emptively otherwise when you slide underneath the door your momentum will be lost because the sparks coming off the explosion will hold you back.

- You must throw a 3rd grenade whilst sliding underneath the door, try to chuck it behind the first soldier then quickly after tossing the grenade jump onto the wall on your right.  

Perseverance is key here, remember to take a break when you get angry or pissed off. The amount of precision needed to beat the time requires pinpoint accuracy and speed, no small degree of luck and fluid wall jumping/sliding. Best of luck to anyone who still needs this trophy!

Edited by LancashireLad87
  • Like 3

On 4.6.2021 at 3:32 AM, TomataEighty9 said:

So you can use health cheats too? any cheats? That sounds pretty doable. 

I looked at the guide on here, would you say the 20 hours it mentions is pretty accurate? :) 

A little late... sorry. ?

...ahm, yes ...any cheat you want. Same in Vice City btw.

As for the time you need: Think it was a little more than 30 hours for me, but i wasnt in a hurry. I think 25 hours is realistic. ?

27L757497.png

Chip Collector
80% of all plug-in chips collected.

29L484330.png

Tools of the Trade
Any weapon upgraded to the highest level.

37L39185a.png

Harvest King
Materials gathered at a hidden harvest point 10 times.

41L2427a0.png

A Round by the Pond
20 different kinds of fish caught.

So... um... yeah...

I got all of the trophies I was missing. It didn't even take me all that long in all honesty. The only one that legit took some time was the one above... the fishing trophy.

So I've started my final push towards ending Route A and beginning Route B (nothing else for me to do for this Route anyway). The rest of the trophies I need are unmissable story trophies.

I'd say I'm doing well towards the Platinum so far. I hope. ?

• Like 4